• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder Protection

Lady Gato

There is a lot of good information in these threads for us Noobs.

@Algona has written a good list of items that we should do to protect our "booty."

Algona Guide to stop Plundering

However, I could not find a list of what buildings were non - plunderable.

So I did some research & looked in the threads and on wiki and here's what I found:
Residential, Production, and Goods buildings -- most all can be plundered if they aren't motivated
(thanks Super Catanian for my error re Goods bldgs)

Military buildings -- cannot be plundered as they don't produce anything other than troops

Cultural buildings -- cannot be plundered as happiness can't be "stolen"

Decorations -- cannot be plundered as happiness can't be "stolen"

Great Buildings -- cannot be plundered

and of course

Town Hall --
cannot be plundered

EXCEPTIONS - Certain Special Buildings

There are buildings that do not fit the above rules, for example, residences and production buildings that cannot be plundered.

There are buildings that can always be plundered because they cannot be motivated.

For more information about these special buildings see Wiki . If I've got something wrong or left a building off the list,
please let me know.

(Edited posting to remove specific listing of buildings - LG)

Last edited:

Super Catanian

Goods Buildings can most definitely be plundered, first of all. Any Building (Residential and Production) that is motivated can never be plundered until it is collected, so that part can be shortened.

Buildings that produce without the need of being connected to the Town Hall (Victory Towers, Piazza Mask Vendor, the Town Hall itself, etc.) can also never be plundered.

Right now I'm seeing huge blocks of text that can be a pain to read. I suggest using spoilers to hide some of these so that people can see them only if they want to.

Agent327

Where exactly do you want to go with this? You are providing a surplus of unnecessary information. You can not plunder happiness, so why the info on cultural buildings? You are making it way to complicated. Gerneral rule, what you can plunder is fp's, goods, supplies and coins, what you can not plunder is buildings that are motivated. There are exceptions, so stick to those I would say.

Lady Gato

Where exactly do you want to go with this? You are providing a surplus of unnecessary information. You can not plunder happiness, so why the info on cultural buildings? You are making it way to complicated. Gerneral rule, what you can plunder is fp's, goods, supplies and coins, what you can not plunder is buildings that are motivated. There are acceptions, so stick to those I would say.
This is for Noobs like myself who know little to nothing about the game. I was wondering what was unplunderable and this is what my research showed. From the point of view of a Noob - they wouldn't know happiness can't be taken. And in my search for information in the threads, there was no overall place or list on this topic that made sense to a Noob like myself. Just bits and pieces. And I did list the simple first and then listed the exceptions second.

DreadfulCadillac

There is a lot of good information in these threads for us Noobs.

@Algona has written a good list of items that we should do to protect our "booty."

Algona Guide to stop Plundering

However, I could not find a list of what buildings were non - plunderable.

So I did some research & looked in the threads and on wiki and here's what I found:
Residential, Production, and Goods buildings -- most all can be plundered if they aren't motivated
(thanks Super Catanian for my error re Goods bldgs)

Military buildings -- cannot be plundered

Cultural buildings -- cannot be plundered

Decorations -- cannot be plundered

Great Buildings -- cannot be plundered

EXCEPTIONS - Certain Special Buildings

Residences that cannot be plundered:

Crow's Nest & Statue of Honor.

Production buildings that cannot be plundered:

Town Hall (thanks Super Catanian for pointing this out)

Witch Doctors only produce coins when they are motivated so thereby making them unplunderable.

Wishing Wells

Random Item buildings that cannot be plundered:

Fountain of Youth, Gong of Wisdom, Hedge Maze, Little Wishing Well, Madame Fortuna's Tent, Majestic Fawn, Majestic Stag, Piazza Mask Vendor,
Straw Star Tent, Victory tower.

Residences that can always be plundered because they can't be motivated:

Classical Garden Patio , Eastern Palace Tower, Elephant Fountain Gate, Emperor's Entrance, Faery Rings, King Statue, Luau, Maharaja's Palace,
Memorial Chhatri, Moon Gate, Moose Meadow, Piazza Homes , Piazza Café, Queen Statue, Rosarium, Sugar Baker's Booth,
Toymaker's Booth, Western Palace Tower, Zen Zone.

Production Buildings that can always be plundered because they can't be motivated:

Arena of Victors, Aviary, Bazaar, Blooming or Bountiful Cider Mill, Flourishing or Fruitful Cider Mill, Gondola Dock Mkt, Mad Scientist's Lab, Magnum Opus,
Masquerade Ball, Prosperous Cider Mill, Santa's Workshop, Sleigh Builder, Soccer Field, Sunken Treasure, Terrace Farm.

I found the above information on special buildings at Wiki . If I've got something wrong or left a building off the list, please let me know.
Witch doctors produce not just coins, but also supplies when motivated..i know because i have one, here a picture.
Just want to point out that they dont "Only produce coins"
Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 9.39.04 PM.png

Lady Gato

Thank you DreadfulCadillac for pointing that out about the doctor. I've made the correction. :)

Emberguard

This is for Noobs like myself who know little to nothing about the game.
Ok so rather then making a big list let's break it down to criteria. If you make a list of individual buildings you're going to have a never ending task of updating that list.

Plunderers can take:
- Once per successful attack (attacks once per 24 hrs)
- Finished (Collectable) Production

Plunder Immune Buildings:
- Anything motivated
- All Age buildings, these auto age up and in your inventory appear as "All Ages" (they're "Random Producing" on the wiki)
- Great Buildings
- Disconnected buildings (if in need of road)
- Military buildings and Town Hall
- Crows Nest, Statue of Honour

Not Motivate-able Buildings (excluding plunderproof buildings):
These three types of buildings listed below are really the only thing you need to worry about getting plundered

- Set buildings (not to be confused with link chains)
- Techtree goods buildings
- Special Production buildings (6 option buildings producing anything that's not coins or supplies)

Last edited:

Lady Gato

Ok so rather then making a big list let's break it down to criteria. If you make a list of individual buildings you're going to have a never ending task of updating that list.

Plunderers can take:
- Once per successful attack (attacks once per 24 hrs)
- Finished (Collectable) Production

Plunder Immune Buildings:
- Anything motivated
- All Age buildings, these auto age up and in your inventory appear as "All Ages" (they're "Random Producing" on the wiki)
- Great Buildings
- Disconnected buildings (if in need of road)
- Military buildings and Town Hall
- Crows Nest, Statue of Honour

Not Motivate-able Buildings (excluding plunderproof buildings):
These three types of buildings listed below are really the only thing you need to worry about getting plundered

- Set buildings (not to be confused with link chains)
- Techtree goods buildings
- Special Production buildings (6 option buildings producing anything that's not coins or supplies)

I appreciate all of your knowledge BUT do you know just how much "FOE" speak you have in this list? I am a Noob - my intended audience are Noobs.

So I would have to go look up "All Age" , "Set buildings", "Techtree goods buildings", "Special Production buildings" to see if the building that I want to build falls into that category. Or just to understand what you just said. There is a whole lot of terminology thrown at someone just starting in the game. I thought I was actually making it easier so someone could follow along with Algona's advice on how not to be plundered - just by defining "non-plunderable" buildings.

Perhaps this issue just shows you guys -- the more experienced players -- just how involved you've become and how you have your own language. It's very hard to translate from experienced to Noob.

:)

Emberguard

ok that just means we need to write a guide to define those terms so you can be familiar with the criteria. Because a list of individual buildings is going to be really big

DreadfulCadillac

I appreciate all of your knowledge BUT do you know just how much "FOE" speak you have in this list? I am a Noob - my intended audience are Noobs.

So I would have to go look up "All Age" , "Set buildings", "Techtree goods buildings", "Special Production buildings" to see if the building that I want to build falls into that category. Or just to understand what you just said. There is a whole lot of terminology thrown at someone just starting in the game. I thought I was actually making it easier so someone could follow along with Algona's advice on how not to be plundered - just by defining "non-plunderable" buildings.

Perhaps this issue just shows you guys -- the more experienced players -- just how involved you've become and how you have your own language. It's very hard to translate from experienced to Noob.

:)
"all age" even for noobs seems pretty straightforward no?
"set buildings" any buildings that are part of a set, again straightforward.
"techtree goods buildings" goods buildings you unlock in the techtree...VERY straightforward, unless you don't know what the tech tree is.
"special Production buildings" @Emberguard explains this one right in her message.

Agent327

This is for Noobs like myself who know little to nothing about the game. I was wondering what was unplunderable and this is what my research showed. From the point of view of a Noob - they wouldn't know happiness can't be taken. And in my search for information in the threads, there was no overall place or list on this topic that made sense to a Noob like myself. Just bits and pieces. And I did list the simple first and then listed the exceptions second.

All I am saying is keep it simple. If you are assuming noobs do not know that happiness can not be plundered, how can you expect them to know what a Witch Doctor is? Or all the other buildings you mention they have probably never heard of. You produce more questions than you answer.

Lady Gato

I have a challenge for the three of you -- please have someone who knows nothing about FOE read your suggested simplifications. And then come back and let me know if they understood what you are trying to define. You cannot define a specialized or unique term by using another specialized or unique term, unless there is not another way.

"all age" buildings (to use DreadfulCadillac's example) would then need a link to what "all age" means

etc

I thought it would be easier to simply list the special buildings that have exceptions and categorize them as simply as possible without using the technical terms for those who are not familiar with the game - which if you think of it would be mostly Noobs and those who have aged up too fast and now find themselves "targets".

Algona had asked me to "pay it forward" and help some people who needed help in exchange for his help to me. I thought this could help.

I can adjust my original post to just have the first list and then a link to wiki so they can research themselves what special buildings really aren't quite so "special" If that is what you moderators wish.

P.S. Obviously the subject of plundering is a "hot" topic as there are at least 4 other threads in the forum on the topic, so it appears there is a need for this information to Noobs, but I will adjust to "simplify" the posting (if requested as stated above).

Last edited:

Agent327

I have a challenge for the three of you -- please have someone who knows nothing about FOE read your suggested simplifications. And then come back and let me know if they understood what you are trying to define. You cannot define a specialized or unique term by using another specialized or unique term, unless there is not another way.

"all age" buildings (to use DreadfulCadillac's example) would then need a link to what "all age" means

etc

If you look at it like this, wouldn't the same apply to what you say?

For instance, you mention the Crow's Nest. If "all age" needs to be explained wouldn't the same apply to the Crow's Nest, while, if you look at it realistically there is absolutely no chance a noob will be able to get a Crow's Nest any time soon?

If I were a noob and I would be looking at that list with all those buildings I would only get more confused. Random item buildings? What are random items? Faery Rings? Memorial Chhatri ? Magnum Opus?

You are overloading a noob that knows nothing or little about the game with information about buildings that do not mean anything to them yet and that they are not likely to get soon.

You did your research. As a noob, does it help you now to know all these buildings that you do not have can, or can not be plundered?

Lady Gato

If you look at it like this, wouldn't the same apply to what you say?

For instance, you mention the Crow's Nest. If "all age" needs to be explained wouldn't the same apply to the Crow's Nest, while, if you look at it realistically there is absolutely no chance a noob will be able to get a Crow's Nest any time soon?

If I were a noob and I would be looking at that list with all those buildings I would only get more confused. Random item buildings? What are random items? Faery Rings? Memorial Chhatri ? Magnum Opus?

You are overloading a noob that knows nothing or little about the game with information about buildings that do not mean anything to them yet and that they are not likely to get soon.

You did your research. As a noob, does it help you now to know all these buildings that you do not have can, or can not be plundered?

Actually, yes. In the threads that I read there were a lot of experienced players, especially in the Plunder Progress thread, talking about different buildings and how people were stupid in building them. From my research, I discovered the information that even though some buildings may be "special" you might not want to build them because they cannot be motivated and thus they were vulnerable. For example the Maharajah Palace. There apparently are a lot of "experienced" players who place buildings, not knowing better. Thus this thread would be helpful to them as well.

If you have a category of don't build these and then list the buildings -- would that be better? Then a link to the wiki as to why you shouldn't build them?

I do give you that about random item -- that term needs to be explained.

Agent327

Actually, yes. In the threads that I read there were a lot of experienced players, especially in the Plunder Progress thread, talking about different buildings and how people were stupid in building them. From my research, I discovered the information that even though some buildings may be "special" you might not want to build them because they cannot be motivated and thus they were vulnerable. For example the Maharajah Palace. There apparently are a lot of "experienced" players who place buildings, not knowing better. Thus this thread would be helpful to them as well.

You are never stupid if you build a building. Only reason you could be called stupid is if that building does not suite your playstyle and even then. If I have a Terrace Farm and it is plundered once a week, am I stupid? You are going by players that boast if they have plundered a big building from a player in their hood. That really does not tell you anything. They will not boast about the numerous times they could not plunder anything.

If you have a category of don't build these and then list the buildings -- would that be better? Then a link to the wiki as to why you shouldn't build them?

No, cause it is all player specific. I know players in my hood that I attacked all 14 days and yet I still could never plunder them, no matter how many times a day I went to look.

I do give you that about random item -- that term needs to be explained.

To real noobs, everything needs to be explained.

Lady Gato

And that is why I did not have a category of don't build these - I just listed the features re plunderbility so each player could have that information. Again I could just change the special buildings area to state something like for special buildings that don't follow these rules see here (link to wiki). And again they would have to do research for themselves.

Agent327

I tried to give you some directions. In the end it is up to you how you want it to be. Good luck with it and keep up the good work.