• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plundering buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser34812
  • Start date

DeletedUser34812

Proposal:
A reward/perk for the vicitims of plundering, when neighbors have attempted to plunder a building and have lost.

Current System:
When a neighbor plunders my building if he wins I lose goods but I get nothing (other than to keep my goods) if he loses.

Details

When a player plunders a building and loses, instead of the plunder's troops dieing, their troops should be captured and indentured as unattached troops (units) in the army of the player who they failed to plunder. This indenturement should last until either the troops are killed in battle or until the plundering neighbor (player) makes up for their insult by polishing a building of the player they had attempted to plunder but failed.

DeletedUser31440

So a little help for you to start off with.

I believe that you mean, when a player attempts to breach your defenses and fails, not when a player attempts to plunder and fails. Plundering is only available after defenses have been breached, the only way you could attempt a plunder and lose would be if the attacker breaches defenses and has nothing that they can plunder. So for clarification please change to attempts to breach your defenses and fails, if that is what you were attempting to say.

As to my thoughts on your proposal, no.

Edit: Making this change should also circumvent the DNSL for this proposal.

Illusionator

This does not fall under the DNSL. It is about adding a penalty for losing an attack you make, not changing, adding or removing plundering.
That said, I may have actually thought that would be a wonderfull idea if the defence system wasn't so bugged - as in: if you dont have tons of it then it aint worth squat, so it is actually pointless to invest in any at all then, because wasting that much space on defence is like plundering yourself so no-one else can.

So this proposal is only usefull to those very few with astronomical defences, and even then those people wont benefit because no-one attacks them anyway

Graviton

It is changing plundering: you're changing an unsuccessful plunder from having no consequences to having a cost to the attacker plus a bonus to the defender.

But that's just one guy's opinion.

Illusionator

you are confusing the word "plunder" with "attack". If your attack is successfull, you have an _opportunity_ to plunder. They are not the same thing. You can still "fail" to plunder even if your attack is successful. in fact, thats the best defence to not be plundered: collect on time

DeletedUser31225

The one who defended successfully already got the reward/perk. She/he gets to keep the goods/fps/supplies etc. Goods/fps/supplies etc. are not yours till you collect them.

Nobody is a 'victim' of plundering. If someone considers a victim, it is entirely her/his fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falconwing

No. You want a reward? Go and plunder someone. Getting a reward for another players failure is completely ridiculous and the potential for abuse is very high. People could start selling units to their hood for FP's. I could generate a couple of Champions, sell them to my neighbor for a few FP's, attack with just the two Champions, they die, then turn into troops for my neighbor and I just remake them.

DeletedUser33002

You were expecting reward because you failed to defend? I think that's a really neat idea.
The zen of Inno is to reward something that is non-challenging. ( I am serious on this one)

Anyway I think you're on the right track. Let's say you get one achievement popup for each offensive unit you killed.

DeletedUser31206

Proposal:
A reward/perk for the vicitims of plundering, when neighbors have attempted to plunder a building and have lost.

Current System:
When a neighbor plunders my building if he wins I lose goods but I get nothing (other than to keep my goods) if he loses.

Details

When a player plunders a building and loses, instead of the plunder's troops dieing, their troops should be captured and indentured as unattached troops (units) in the army of the player who they failed to plunder. This indenturement should last until either the troops are killed in battle or until the plundering neighbor (player) makes up for their insult by polishing a building of the player they had attempted to plunder but failed.
1) You forgot to put in Abuse Prevention, Visual Aid and Conclusion.
2) Not sure how I will vote.

DeletedUser8428

I'm a definite NO. I'm with Chan and Falconwing on this one.