• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Regarding Viking settlements and good required for expansions.

• Thread starter DeletedUser37110
  • Start date

ODragon

View attachment 11632
do you see what it says just above the grayed out button that says unlock . It shows a picture of a diamond and has a number 31. Geeee i wonder what that means. As you can see i have 30 axes still wont unlock. Not lying and thanks for the apology. pleas if i am still incorrect show me where because i paid 31 diamonds on another city and the next building is approximately 5 times the first at 171 diamonds. Please teach me so i can be as smart as you.

If you look at the diplomacy bar at the bottom, you will see you are only at 24 of the required 55 to unlock the building. If you get more diplomacy, the unlock button will ungray and you can click it.

DeletedUser32328

View attachment 11632
do you see what it says just above the grayed out button that says unlock . It shows a picture of a diamond and has a number 31. Geeee i wonder what that means. As you can see i have 30 axes still wont unlock. Not lying and thanks for the apology. pleas if i am still incorrect show me where because i paid 31 diamonds on another city and the next building is approximately 5 times the first at 171 diamonds. Please teach me so i can be as smart as you.
The reason it is still asking for diamonds is because you do not have enough diplomacy. That's the line on the bottom part. As the red number indicates you need 55 whereas you have 24. Build more runestones which give diplomacy and you will be able to unlock without needing diamonds.

DeletedUser31283

If you look at the diplomacy bar at the bottom, you will see you are only at 24 of the required 55 to unlock the building. If you get more diplomacy, the unlock button will ungray and you can click it.
ok i will keep getting more diplomacy and let you'll know how it turns out

DeletedUser33179

ok i will keep getting more diplomacy and let you'll know how it turns out

If you ever need more space to put down runestones, delete some of your roads. Once you've built what you need, unlock the building you seek. Then go back, delete the runestones & rebuild your roads

Agent327

View attachment 11632

And how many diplomacy do you have? The 55 it takes or only a meager 24, so you come up short. Luckily for you you can overcome that shortage in diplomacy for the great price of 31 diamonds. Or you just build more diplomacy.

Technically you are right you are not lying, but that is only cause you do not understand how it works. So thinking before you type still applies to you. Maybe even more now.

RazorbackPirate

The viking settlement has idea's I love but its too much work to lose everything and restart with each new viking village that comes my way. I don't like impediments. I wasted diamonds, yes used those before realizing they go bye bye when this is finished....and get a big rock that can't be moved. Please re-do or adjust so that we can keep spaces esp bought with diamonds but even squares I've paid goods for. To have to re-start each time, nine times to get the final result...I just won't do again. Its a waste of my time.
What you're asking for makes no sense. You are helping the Vikings establish multiple settlements. Each settlement starts from scratch with a new terrain, just like starting a new city. This is the equivalent of asking that each expansion you've placed in your 'main' city are unlocked and already placed in your city. You're not meant to spend diamonds, there's no need to and no point in doing so. Yes, you did waste the diamonds. Up to you to decide if going for the very powerful Yggdrasil, is worth the challenge and time.

RazorbackPirate

That's a very interesting way to look at it.
Not an interesting way to look at it, exactly what it is. "A new village of Vikings needs your aid to flourish and become self sustainable." Once it becomes self sustainable, your tenure as Thane is over, as is the quest line. You gather your final rewards, leave the settlement, never to be seen again.

Some settlements pay for your help by providing resources to build a Yggdrasil Tree and Greater Runestone in your city to provide daily tribute from that settlement. Other settlements send an Emissary to sit in your Town Hall to bring daily tribute from their settlement.

Each time you do the same thing, help a new group of Vikings establish a settlement. 15 times, 15 Viking settlements established, self sufficient, and paying daily rewards to your city.

You want an interesting way to look at it, think of each settlement as building a franchise. Each individual settlement can't provide much in daily return for your help, but your willingness to help establish multiple settlements will eventually reap big rewards. A small bit of time and resource investment up front, for a small ongoing passive income later. How much you grow that passive income depends on how many franchises you're willing to establish.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33827

What you're asking for makes no sense. You are helping the Vikings establish multiple settlements. Each settlement starts from scratch with a new terrain, just like starting a new city. This is the equivalent of asking that each expansion you've placed in your 'main' city are unlocked and already placed in your city. You're not meant to spend diamonds, there's no need to and no point in doing so. Yes, you did waste the diamonds. Up to you to decide if going for the very powerful Yggdrasil, is worth the challenge and time.
Thanks for replying, Just two cents on impediments since any "group sent out to clear the land" you bought a land expansion would get rid of impediments like in real main game.
2nd yes It was my diamonds to waste but I am further in quests then friends are that i've asked. From what I heard...beta had it slightly different and game thought it was too easy?

ODragon

Not an interesting way to look at it, exactly what it is. "A new village of Vikings needs your aid to flourish and become self sustainable." Once it becomes self sustainable, your tenure as Thane is over, as is the quest line. You gather your final rewards, leave the settlement, never to be seen again.

Some settlements pay for your help by providing resources to build a Yggdrasil Tree and Greater Runestone in your city to provide daily tribute from that settlement. Other settlements send an Emissary to sit in your Town Hall to bring daily tribute from their settlement.

Each time you do the same thing, help a new group of Vikings establish a settlement. 15 times, 15 Viking settlements established, self sufficient, and paying daily rewards to your city.

I've not played it in beta and I am a day behind most people in playing it as it is because of an error I made.

FWIW, it never occurred to me that it was a new settlement each time. Figure it was just the same one over and over again in a grinding sort of fashion.

Agent327

FWIW, it never occurred to me that it was a new settlement each time. Figure it was just the same one over and over again in a grinding sort of fashion.

Only the quests are the same every time. Everything else like goods needed and number and place of impedements can be different. That sometimes makes it easy and other times very hard. Last time on beta I needed 165 mead to unlock the last building. This time it will only be 3, but now I need 145 wool.

ODragon

Only the quests are the same every time. Everything else like goods needed and number and place of impedements can be different. That sometimes makes it easy and other times very hard. Last time on beta I needed 165 mead to unlock the last building. This time it will only be 3, but now I need 145 wool.

That is also good to know. Thank you for pointing that out.

UBERhelp1

Technically true. All the settlements need 938 goods, and the goods needed for the quests are all the same. It's the amount of each specific type of good that differs. The list below shows the goods needed per unlock. The number in parenthesis is the amount of diplomacy required.
  1. Shrines - 10 (55)
  2. Mead Brewery - 34 (120)
  3. Hut - 52 (195)
  4. Beast Hunter - 69 (280)
  5. Clan Totem - 86 (375)
  6. Market - 103 (480)
  7. Wool Farm - 120 (595)
  8. Clan House - 137 (720)
  9. Old Willow - 155 (855)
  10. Mead Hall - 172 (1000)
Hopefully this helps some people plan out what they need.

Agent327

Technically true. All the settlements need 938 goods, and the goods needed for the quests are all the same. It's the amount of each specific type of good that differs. The list below shows the goods needed per unlock. The number in parenthesis is the amount of diplomacy required.
  1. Shrines - 10 (55)
  2. Mead Brewery - 34 (120)
  3. Hut - 52 (195)
  4. Beast Hunter - 69 (280)
  5. Clan Totem - 86 (375)
  6. Market - 103 (480)
  7. Wool Farm - 120 (595)
  8. Clan House - 137 (720)
  9. Old Willow - 155 (855)
  10. Mead Hall - 172 (1000)
Hopefully this helps some people plan out what they need.

You can not plan by knowing the totals. You can plan by looking at how much of each good you need.