• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Riddle me this...?

ahsay

But you've offered no valid information. You clearly are unfamiliar with the some of the basic mechanics of the game if you assumed they can't have any sectors above their current age of their memberships. Reading above you've been provided with some answers that are entirely plausible. if you don't believe those answers and somehow believe they are cheating then this isn't the place for you. You need to contact (in game) support and make any accusation you care to there (i'm inclined to believe they are unfounded based on the lack of support for your presumptions but I suppose you could have a reasonable basis for your current perspective. :confused:)

The basic premise was...what do you think..."if"...I'll say again..."if"...I'm correct? Like I said...I missed the description that says this forum thread is only for..."specific answers". Would you post that description for me? Thank you.

I'm in CA and have been awarded Ind A troops from the continental map. I just took the PE tower a few days ago. I'm very familiar with collecting troops above my age level. But...

Once again..."if"...the information I have is accurate; a new guild with only one person having joined since it's beginning in March and no other activity. How could you get ranked higher than other guilds with twice, or more, of GE, GvG and HoFs?

Lastly, I did mention that I spoke to CS...I guess (sorry...apparently guessing is not allowed). I know...you must've missed that.

DeletedUser34800

You've got your answers. Speculation done. Go ask the members or not. This isn't an important thread at all and is now just a troll fest. Don't worry though, keep it up and this thread will be closed. Problem solved.

ahsay

You've got your answers. Speculation done. Go ask the members or not. This isn't an important thread at all and is now just a troll fest. Don't worry though, keep it up and this thread will be closed. Problem solved.

Customer Service disagrees with you. They say it's entirely possible to not ever finish higher than 4th in GE and not have any HoFs. Have only 2 ages on the GE map and be ranked higher than Guilds with way more assets. Go figure..oh that's what I was trying to do...shame on me for trying.

wolfhoundtoo

Customer Service disagrees with you. They say it's entirely possible to not ever finish higher than 4th in GE and not have any HoFs. Have only 2 ages on the GE map and be ranked higher than Guilds with way more assets. Go figure..oh that's what I was trying to do...shame on me for trying.

Provide proof that there is an inaccuracy in the calculations. SHOW us a guild that should be ranked higher or better show that to "customer service". Which by the way is basically a volunteer player who agreed to help mod the game and answer tickets. Unless you can provide some kind of calculation to show them that it is working incorrectly they aren't going to go beyond doing mostly what you are getting in this thread: some generic answers which COULD be the answer. No one is going to go through a bunch of nearby guilds and do the work FOR you. You want to report an issue with the calculation you need to prove your point beyond simply demonstrating that you don't understand the mechanics of how the guild ranking is calculated.

Try asking for that information and maybe during your learning process you might figure it out.

P.S. do you know the difference between power and prestige and what generates each? You might want to reread SJ's post on that. As for wanting specifics from CS on how that guild did it, they are correct you aren't entitled to that information. As I said you can figure it out if you really want to do so but I don't think that you do.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

The basic premise was...what do you think..."if"...I'll say again..."if"...I'm correct? Like I said...I missed the description that says this forum thread is only for..."specific answers". Would you post that description for me? Thank you.

I'm in CA and have been awarded Ind A troops from the continental map. I just took the PE tower a few days ago. I'm very familiar with collecting troops above my age level. But...

Once again..."if"...the information I have is accurate; a new guild with only one person having joined since it's beginning in March and no other activity. How could you get ranked higher than other guilds with twice, or more, of GE, GvG and HoFs?

Lastly, I did mention that I spoke to CS...I guess (sorry...apparently guessing is not allowed). I know...you must've missed that.

Post where this forum says that the rest of us can't call you out for your totally unfounded comments (you can label it whatever you want but that's is what your 'guess' is). And you must of missed the part where you got your answer from CS. They told you that it's possible (you've since posted that) and for some odd reason you seem to think that entitles you to come here and the rest of us can't respond.

Now you can show me where the forum rules say we can't come back at you? See how easy it is to play your game?

DeletedUser26965

How could you get ranked higher than other guilds with twice, or more, of GE, GvG and HoFs?
The question you're asking as it relates to the guild you're talking about is incorrect as the other guilds below them in fact do not have 2x more points coming from GvG. I'm not sure why you're combining GE and HoF's with GvG as if that has something to do with Global Rank. Only GvG raises the guilds prestige beyond it's Guild Level in the Global Rank. HoF's and GE only count towards raising the guilds level.

Since I've already pointed out they do in fact have GvG sectors at 532 points(Prestige) per day the only question that remains is how they got those sectors in which, again, there are only a few ways;

1. Someone with units of that age got those sectors then left
2. Someone gave them the sectors and made it easy by only using Rogues as defensive armies and the one guy used an all ages unit like Military Drummers
3. The one guy has units from those ages

I can understand some of your defensiveness in your replies, if people could just talk like human beings the forums would be a lot better. Someone could have just simply asked if you could tell us which guild it was so we could try to verify some of the information you provided instead you got some snark with it which set the tone for the thread. However the information you gave turned out to be incorrect. You originally said the guild has no GvG when in fact they do have GvG, a fact that can only be known if we had known which guild it was so we could go look.

Instead I had to search the world's your on, go to each of those world and look for the guild that fit the limited description you gave, then search each GvG map. Later you assumed incorrectly they have not been active which if you click on the link I provided you can see on July 18 they only had 25 Prestige which means they were a level 1 guild at that time, then over the next few days they took the GvG sectors. Also if you look at the guy who has the highest points you can see he is active. So, yes, that guild is active.

Now looking at the PE map I have a suspicion that guild is either a ghost guild for Blacklisted or a meat shield for them. The off site data gathering doesn't always pick up every single time someone leaves and joins another guild so this can't always be seen on them. So I'll guess number 1 on the list above.

In the end, how is a guild ranked higher than others? Simple, they currently own GvG tiles worth more points than the others. How did they get those tiles? Simple, they took them. How did they take them assuming they don't have units of that age? Simple, another guild could have filled only one defensive army made from nothing but Rogues and a Military Drummer to make it easy to take or someone who did in fact have units of that age joined the guild for a few days to get the sectors then left. I'm going with the latter and that it was someone from Blacklisted given the guy from the guild doesn't have many fights around the time it looks the guild gained the sectors, and also the fact they would be easy pickins for Blacklisted yet they let them stay there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31592

If you are talking about in-game support, they are volunteers and often wrong.

ahsay

The question you're asking as it relates to the guild you're talking about is incorrect as the other guilds below them in fact do not have 2x more points coming from GvG. I'm not sure why you're combining GE and HoF's with GvG as if that has something to do with Global Rank. Only GvG raises the guilds prestige beyond it's Guild Level in the Global Rank. HoF's and GE only count towards raising the guilds level.

Since I've already pointed out they do in fact have GvG sectors at 532 points(Prestige) per day the only question that remains is how they got those sectors in which, again, there are only a few ways;

1. Someone with units of that age got those sectors then left
2. Someone gave them the sectors and made it easy by only using Rogues as defensive armies and the one guy used an all ages unit like Military Drummers
3. The one guy has units from those ages

I can understand some of your defensiveness in your replies, if people could just talk like human beings the forums would be a lot better. Someone could have just simply asked if you could tell us which guild it was so we could try to verify some of the information you provided instead you got some snark with it which set the tone for the thread. However the information you gave turned out to be incorrect. You originally said the guild has no GvG when in fact they do have GvG, a fact that can only be known if we had known which guild it was so we could go look.

Instead I had to search the world's your on, go to each of those world and look for the guild that fit the limited description you gave, then search each GvG map. Later you assumed incorrectly they have not been active which if you click on the link I provided you can see on July 18 they only had 25 Prestige which means they were a level 1 guild at that time, then over the next few days they took the GvG sectors. Also if you look at the guy who has the highest points you can see he is active. So, yes, that guild is active.

Now looking at the PE map I have a suspicion that guild is either a ghost guild for Blacklisted or a meat shield for them. The off site data gathering doesn't always pick up every single time someone leaves and joins another guild so this can't always be seen on them. So I'll guess number 1 on the list above.

In the end, how is a guild ranked higher than others? Simple, they currently own GvG tiles worth more points than the others. How did they get those tiles? Simple, they took them. How did they take them assuming they don't have units of that age? Simple, another guild could have filled only one defensive army made from nothing but Rogues and a Military Drummer to make it easy to take or someone who did in fact have units of that age joined the guild for a few days to get the sectors then left. I'm going with the latter and that it was someone from Blacklisted given the guy from the guild doesn't have many fights around the time it looks the guild gained the sectors, and also the fact they would be easy pickins for Blacklisted yet they let them stay there.

I really do appreciate..your work...what you've done, the info you gathered, etc. I never intended this to be a definitive answer but instead a...what am I missing answer? A lot of people did what I did, look at the different possibilities. I now know, so far, I didn't miss anything.

So sorry to have bothered those of you who only wanted to call me stupid. Good luck to you.

To those of you that want to call me lazy. I looked up the guild on two different websites. Reread the GE basics. Examined the guild from the info. on Y world. Contacted CS and posted here in the forum. If that's lazy then we don't have the same interpretation of the word.

To those of you that want to call me both lazy and stupid. You are, what most would call, wrong.

Generic is good...just not here...apparently.

wolfhoundtoo

I really do appreciate..your work...what you've done, the info you gathered, etc. I never intended this to be a definitive answer but instead a...what am I missing answer? A lot of people did what I did, look at the different possibilities. I now know, so far, I didn't miss anything.

So sorry to have bothered those of you who only wanted to call me stupid. Good luck to you.

To those of you that want to call me lazy. I looked up the guild on two different websites. Reread the GE basics. Examined the guild from the info. on Y world. Contacted CS and posted here in the forum. If that's lazy then we don't have the same interpretation of the word.

To those of you that want to call me both lazy and stupid. You are, what most would call, wrong.

Generic is good...just not here...apparently.

You missed plenty. SJ found they had sectors in higher aged GVG maps then you did. Pretty much all of your examples of guilds that had more than the guild you were asking about relates to power (GE and HOFs create power NOT prestige). Prestige is what determines your guild rank (as SJ posted already). He even did the math for you regarding the amount of prestige of the guild under question. You went for data from external sites as if that meant anything before you made sure that you understood what determines a guild's rank. Data can only help you if you know what type of data you need to collect to figure something out. You were vague in your initial question and then refused the generic responses you got (not only from us but from 'CS') which in fact did answer address the vague inquiry you made.

To put it in short form: you asked a generic question and demanded specific answers. ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser26965

I now know, so far, I didn't miss anything.
I'm not trying to be argumentative or be snarky or anything but you have missed things which I'm genuinely trying to help you with. I'm not sure where you're currently standing on this, by that reply it seems you're not convinced of what I've provided which is everything that can possibly be known given the limited information available to us. Is there any part that you're still not sure on how it could be the case the guild is level 20 now? Support is not going to tell you if someone joined their guild, grabbed the sectors up and left though from what we can see that seems to be what has happened here.

ahsay

Post where this forum says that the rest of us can't call you out for your totally unfounded comments (you can label it whatever you want but that's is what your 'guess' is). And you must of missed the part where you got your answer from CS. They told you that it's possible (you've since posted that) and for some odd reason you seem to think that entitles you to come here and the rest of us can't respond.

Now you can show me where the forum rules say we can't come back at you? See how easy it is to play your game?

When did I object to being "called out"? Call me out all you want, anytime you want. I'm a big boy. I love nothing more than the inadequate, fumbling, stumbling and bumbling their way to embarrassment. Have at it and good luck.

Let this be our secret...I sit at the edge of the bed and often times, put both pant legs on at the same time...but mums the word.