• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rulebreakers Allowed

RazorbackPirate

Become the squeaky wheel or stop griping about it.

It's clear that a single report isn't working, change your tactic. Stop doing the same thing each time and expecting a different result.

Salsuero

Become the squeaky wheel or stop griping about it.

It's clear that a single report isn't working, change your tactic. Stop doing the same thing each time and expecting a different result.

Right... so squeak or stop squeaking? Hmmm. I'm pretty sure posting tickets AND posting here is the definition of not doing the same thing each time and a "change of tactic". But you clearly have more answers than I do on this topic. Thanks for the insight.

plinker2

Listen, when we do something about what is reported, we DO NOT broadcast, who, why, or how we handle it. The offender may post and gripe about it, but we do not. So, please keep that in mind! Thanks.

DeletedUser26965

Listen, when we do something about what is reported, we DO NOT broadcast, who, why, or how we handle it. The offender may post and gripe about it, but we do not. So, please keep that in mind! Thanks.
I'll try to explain if I can. The original issue Salsuero has gone on about is there is some group of players he's aware of that openly admit they password share and use push accounts. He says he reported these players and apparently nothing came of it. So I can understand the frustration and pessimism he expresses towards IG that apparently they let some cheating continue.

What I've disagreed with him on is that it's not as bad as he makes it seem as it has been counter to my experience where I have seen people who have played for years, who have spent money, who have been banned, lost their GB's and other such things. Also I have reported players and the offsite data indicates they have gone inactive, which in fact also played out on this very post.

So the broad based claims that IG does nothing is an exaggeration, hyperbole and is incorrect. However if in fact the original claim turns out to be true, in that there is cheating allowed to continue, then that is all we can say, that there appears to be cases where it's allowed to continue, as to why that is one could only guess.

RazorbackPirate

Right... so squeak or stop squeaking? Hmmm. I'm pretty sure posting tickets AND posting here is the definition of not doing the same thing each time and a "change of tactic". But you clearly have more answers than I do on this topic. Thanks for the insight.

My point is, squeak to Inno. Multiple reports on the same person every time you see a new instance. From what I've read here, you've sent a single report on each person. Not what I suggested at all.

You "squeaking" here is just griping. We all agree, and can't do anything about it. This thread has been going since Nov of last year. Your current tactic doesn't seem to be working. So, yes. After 9 months of not working, you need a change of tactics.

Sorry if you don't agree.

Salsuero

From what I've read here, you've sent a single report on each person.

I don't think I said that, did I? Nonetheless, I have reported and followed up in the past. However, nowadays, I don't bother following up (if I bother to report at all) because it's just the same form letter response each time. Do they ever ban players? Yeah, I'm sure they do. People say they do. I don't doubt that. Just seems like the evidence I provide, even when a direct admission of guilt, isn't enough... so that frustrates me.

You "squeaking" here is just griping.

Ok, but it's also cathartic for me.

This thread has been going since Nov of last year. Your current tactic doesn't seem to be working. So, yes. After 9 months of not working, you need a change of tactics.

In fact it may have actually worked... since another player says he also reported the same player as I did... and that player does appear to have been banned. Who's to say if it was because two different players reported... or if it was just super obvious and demanded action, given that the guy had 7 accounts differentiated by only a single letter suffix. I'm thinking that one may have just been too easy to connect the dots. I don't know because Inno doesn't say what actions are or are not taken and why. So... it's just a guess. Regardless, coming here and tossing them in this thread may have an impact. Doing what I have been hasn't necessarily worked on its own, so if I'm really irritated with a cheater, I may just bring attention to it here and see what does or doesn't happen.