• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Slowness

DeletedUser26660

Problems I am experiencing at moment include...

1: Periodic freezing of the game ...e.g. switching from city view to battle view...screen just displays hour glass symbol. Requires total refresh.

2: When donating FPs to a players GB the cursor disappears and so I cannot tell if I am still donating or not.

3: Overall slowness and lag, especially noticeable when donating FPs which results in overpayment of FPs.

4: Side quests do not always display tick when requirement is achieved, sometimes requires total refreshment.

DeletedUser36510

OMG I'M NOT ALONE.

I *just* switched back to flash & after a minute or two of residual slowness my game actually works again. And yes, I have done all the maintenance - several times in fact since I've been running it so long & I kept missing the 'flash option' underneath the html5 lolsob.

UBERhelp1

OMG I'M NOT ALONE.

I *just* switched back to flash & after a minute or two of residual slowness my game actually works again. And yes, I have done all the maintenance - several times in fact since I've been running it so long & I kept missing the 'flash option' underneath the html5 lolsob.
How long did you stay in HTML5? There is a short period of time (for me a few days) where the game will run a little slower. And eventually you will have to switch over anyway, so you might as well get it over with.

DeletedUser36510

How long did you stay in HTML5? There is a short period of time (for me a few days) where the game will run a little slower. And eventually you will have to switch over anyway, so you might as well get it over with.
When was it introduced? Last week? That long.

DeletedUser36510

Yeah I realized that after I answered, but they made it the "default" so to speak like a month or so ago which is why I answered the way I did. If it had been this laggy for longer I would have quit ages ago.

EDIT: I literally switched back moments before I posted.

And as I tried to head off earlier by pointing out that I know how to 'refresh' my browser I'm using Chrome, I have cleared cookies, etc, and just fyi I have a dual-HD w/plenty of room & 16 GB RAM. :rolleyes:

(Or, you know, maybe you can just cede that the html5 system is still buggy AF for some people. Seeing as we're only partially into 2019 this gives them ~9 months to work out the kinks.)

DeletedUser26660

I contacted support with my issues listed above in my last post. They said switch back to flash and see how that goes. I just did that and hey presto...all issues have disappeared.

Graviton

I had to switch from Chrome to Firefox when I switched to HTML5. Chrome was sometimes horribly slow; Firefox runs just fine.

DeletedUser

Well, answer this then. Flash is already so bad, how come we have two versions running side by side?
Partially because they haven't gotten HTML5 for Internet Explorer up and running yet, I believe. Also to give people time to adjust...which many of you aren't doing.
The other point, if you check, I've put "Flash" in quotes. Meaning, it can be something like-Flash, not "the" Flash from Adobe.
Because what could be better than developing another platform based on one so bad they discontinued it?

DeletedUser

I had to switch from Chrome to Firefox when I switched to HTML5. Chrome was sometimes horribly slow; Firefox runs just fine.
Chrome worked fine for me until just a few days ago. The game was still working fine, but Chrome itself developed some kind of issue. So I switched to Firefox, and HTML5 works just fine there for me, too.

Snarko

The HTML5 version is for sure slower for me, using Opera. I play pretty fast so I have to wait for the game in either version and I notice the difference. I have been using the HTML5 version for months, so the problem is not that I haven't used it long enough.

The largest problem I have with it is that each time I open and close the GB window it get slower. Do that 50 times (2000 FP invested @ 40 FP/quest) and I need to reload the game to make the GB window work properly again.

Jase249

As @Stephen Longshanks noted, there is a sort of "adjustment" period. I don't really know what's going on with it, but the game does seem to straighten itself out after 2-3 days. Especially true in GvG.

The one area that doesn't seem to get better (it did improve after a couple days, but not nearly as much as the rest) is adding points to GBs. The transfer of points seems to lag half a second to a second behind the actual clicking of the button, especially when you're clicking repeatedly. This makes cycling R'lyeh tedious; after you stop clicking it will keep adding points as the game catches up. You need to stop several clicks ahead of time and do the last few carefully or you go over.

DeletedUser27889

The HTML game I'm running is all busted while the flash version is fine. There are these random symbols everywhere, looks like all the thumbnails went through a slot machine and landed somewhere random and sometimes in between.
Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 12.57.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 12.56.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 12.57.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 12.55.55 PM.png

I also get a rotating GB symbol when trying to click through my inbox. When collecting (with weird symbols) it doesn't reset the image so I can't tell whats been collected and what hasn't. Looks like it's back to running both on the flash version for me. I will say it's a touch alarming with flash going away and the amount of random problems/bugs that keep happening with the HTML version. I hope they sort it out in time but it's been quite a while since HTMLs beta release and with each new update it seems to break more and more.

DeletedUser32671

The HTML5 version is for sure slower for me, using Opera. I play pretty fast so I have to wait for the game in either version and I notice the difference. I have been using the HTML5 version for months, so the problem is not that I haven't used it long enough.

The largest problem I have with it is that each time I open and close the GB window it get slower. Do that 50 times (2000 FP invested @ 40 FP/quest) and I need to reload the game to make the GB window work properly again.

RESET is AWFUL!! Terrible lag trying to fight. maybe if they pick different time for reset on different maps it would help with the lag. Everyone trying to fight on all maps at the same time is NOT working....

DeletedUser

The HTML game I'm running is all busted while the flash version is fine. There are these random symbols everywhere, looks like all the thumbnails went through a slot machine and landed somewhere random and sometimes in between.
View attachment 12126
View attachment 12124
View attachment 12125
View attachment 12127

I also get a rotating GB symbol when trying to click through my inbox. When collecting (with weird symbols) it doesn't reset the image so I can't tell whats been collected and what hasn't. Looks like it's back to running both on the flash version for me. I will say it's a touch alarming with flash going away and the amount of random problems/bugs that keep happening with the HTML version. I hope they sort it out in time but it's been quite a while since HTMLs beta release and with each new update it seems to break more and more.
The weird symbols issue can be fixed by clearing your cache. I know that's the standard response, but they tested it on a player that's a volunteer moderator in-game and it fixed the issue with weird symbols.

DeletedUser27889

The weird symbols issue can be fixed by clearing your cache. I know that's the standard response, but they tested it on a player that's a volunteer moderator in-game and it fixed the issue with weird symbols.
Thanks Stephen I already tried that and it didn't work. The game will also not allow me to switch from HTML to flash so I can try razorbacks fix. I deselect html in settings, restart game, game restarts with html still enabled. Rinse and repeat.

RazorbackPirate

Thanks Stephen I already tried that and it didn't work. The game will also not allow me to switch from HTML to flash so I can try razorbacks fix. I deselect html in settings, restart game, game restarts with html still enabled. Rinse and repeat.
Do you get the "Build your City" splash screen w/ Ragu? That's what you need to get to load into Flash again. If you get the splash screen, click the little green link under the big orange button. That tripped me up a few times when I tried Flash a few days ago.

Flush your cache anyway and see what happens. It can't make it worse.

DeletedUser27889

Do you get the "Build your City" splash screen w/ Ragu? That's what you need to get to load into Flash again. If you get the splash screen, click the little green link under the big orange button. That tripped me up a few times when I tried Flash a few days ago.
Thank you!!! You were 100% correct I was (admittedly, repeatedly) clicking the big orange 'launch my city' button not the small load in flash link on the Ragu screen after disabling.

Once I did that I had to clear cache and do it again but it worked and is back to normal. Thank you for this, I could not play the game at all the way it was. I wonder why simply clearing the cache wasn't enough on it's own but in either event your fix works, thank you!!!