• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sniping Progress

Bruadhin

Well I think it is time INNO did something to restore some fairness to the game. It is never easy for us to get what we want. Am sure it must be to favor the DPs. I bet they want toforce me to buy diamonds. I keep hearing how plundering is part of the game. Well I worked hard plundering today in 6 worlds and only got one train to unload at one of my stations. That is grossly unfair. It should be against the rules.

I hear you. Everyone should ensure their train is ready for unloading when my crew arrives. It is very discourteous otherwise and INNO should take action to avoid these situations on the future.

Bruadhin

Someone went and told dad on me. Out of consideration for the guild leader, I did cut out his name.

Attachments

• 20200212_123832.jpg
    20200212_123832.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 54

Bruadhin

That is just so sad...

If someone came to me with that in the guild I run, I'd tell them to suck it up, take revenge, or something, but don't bother me with your personal problems. :rolleyes:
Second time it has happened to. But I agree. I told him his guy shot his mouth off making empty threats and then primed an Arc in the profit zone. What else was I to do? At least he seemed to understand. I am visiting this guild, so I don't want them destroyed in GBG, but I do want my massive profit too.

Bruadhin

I think someone is feeling a little sore. Now to find out who has him so hurt in the rear to do it again.

I suppose I could report it as well?

Attachments

• 20200220_072222.jpg
    20200220_072222.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 47

Graviton

So I'm sniping a few neighbors the other day....
FoE Snipe 1.png

Silly me, I took "I'll let you decide if this becomes a war" as a threat.

Foe Snipe 2.png

So blah blah blah, condescending lecture, and then nonsense about how a threat of war was really just a friendly greeting, and how he had to spend NINE WHOLE FPs more than he would've without my snipe. Oh, and that I should "uphold the 1.9 contribution rate" which I never agreed to in the first place.

FoE snipe 3.png

Of course I said if he wanted to snipe my GBs he was more than welcome to, otherwise he needs to get over it.

DeletedUser40777

I’m relatively new to FoE. Have 3 cities. I have been told that you should never level another players building. Not sure why but I make sure to follow the advice. None of the guilds have rules about sniping tho Mt Killmore has ‘no sniping’ rule on specific GBs which require people to call a slot and contribute a certain amt of FPs. Done to gain BPs of specific GB.
Never found anyone who doesn’t appreciate contributions as long as you don’t level their GB.
It’s the best way to acquire BPs you need to finish a specific GB.

DeletedUser36145

That is precious:
"Hello. I see that you dropped on my Arc. I will give you a choice. You can either finish the drop and contribute the full 1.9 and I will level it today; or you can leave it as is and I won’t ever level it again. Ever. And you will just lose."

I rarely receive cry mail and sometimes even donate to 1,85. But threats... Give me a break!

DevaCat

That is precious:
"Hello. I see that you dropped on my Arc. I will give you a choice. You can either finish the drop and contribute the full 1.9 and I will level it today; or you can leave it as is and I won’t ever level it again. Ever. And you will just lose."

I rarely receive cry mail and sometimes even donate to 1,85. But threats... Give me a break!
Be sure and send him a nice message when he breaks down and levels it!

Super Catanian

I’m relatively new to FoE. Have 3 cities. I have been told that you should never level another players building. Not sure why but I make sure to follow the advice. None of the guilds have rules about sniping tho Mt Killmore has ‘no sniping’ rule on specific GBs which require people to call a slot and contribute a certain amt of FPs. Done to gain BPs of specific GB.
Never found anyone who doesn’t appreciate contributions as long as you don’t level their GB.
@Super Catanian's Unofficial Sniping Rules (open to discussion and interpretation)

1. Don't level a GB unless it's for revenge.
2. Snipe as you wish; it's your FP, after all.
3. Don't do #2 to Guildmates (talking to you, tucker) unless you're Guild hopping.
4. If you do get sniped, don't be bitchy about it, especially on the Forums.
5. yes
6. Happy Sniping Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

DeletedUser40777

@Super Catanian's Unofficial Sniping Rules (open to discussion and interpretation)

1. Don't level a GB unless it's for revenge.
2. Snipe as you wish; it's your FP, after all.
3. Don't do #2 to Guildmates (talking to you, tucker) unless you're Guild hopping.
4. If you do get sniped, don't be bitchy about it, especially on the Forums.
5. yes
6. Happy Sniping Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor!
Appreciate the clarification. I screwed up - actually failed to notice how close it was and leveled guildmate’s GB. I apologized. Is it expected or suggested that one atone thru some method in FoE or is “Sorry!” the usual response?

DevaCat

Appreciate the clarification. I screwed up - actually failed to notice how close it was and leveled guildmate’s GB. I apologized. Is it expected or suggested that one atone thru some method in FoE or is “Sorry!” the usual response?
I've found that a "Sorry!" is usually welcomed with a Np. I mean, we all screw up from time to time with fat fingers or that damned fuzzy math :)

DeletedUser36145

What is up with these people!?! After the Arc, which will never be leveled up, today I got this one:
"Hi iv- I won't be flipping my Cape until you pay 1.9! Best wishes."
If it goes like this, very soon I will have locked up all GBs around and noone will be leveling anything...

Graviton

What is up with these people!?! After the Arc, which will never be leveled up, today I got this one:
If it goes like this, very soon I will have locked up all GBs around and noone will be leveling anything...

My bet is they'll break before you do. I wouldn't sweat it.

I've been sniping neighbors like crazy and have yet to get any hate mail. The only note I got was from a guildie whose GB I accidentally sniped, so I made good the 1.9. But for neighbors? Hey, I could be plundering them instead of sniping. I'm guessing they'd prefer a snipe.

ExtraMile

They’ll level it, they’re only screwing with themselves if they don’t.

I’ve only had it happen to me once (and it was on my old account) where I sniped someone and they didn’t flip the building. What happened was actually so funny that it honestly made the 400+ FP I lost worth it.

So basically I sniped this guy’s arc (forget the exact level but it was in the 30s) and I was set to make a small profit of 40 FP. So the guy messages me telling me to pay 1.9 or he will never level the building. Of course I refused (he had to be bluffing right). Well, for two months we were in a stalemate, each waiting for the other to crack. At this point I was positive this guy would crack - I mean he had put his whole arc project on hold and was leveling a Dynamic Tower instead for Christ’s sake! He couldn’t last much longer...

Well I’m sure you can understand my shock and amusement when I woke up one day to find that this guy had sold his level 30+ arc just to prevent me from making 40 FP off of him.

Worth every forge point I lost!!