• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

RazorbackPirate

I don't know where this is from, but one of my guildies posted this in my Guild chat (they got it from a guild on an alternate world).

Can anyone validate this?

It appears what you posted could possibly be from the following post as it appears on the Soccer Events page in the fan Wiki. While I can't validate it, I can say that every single Daily Special that has appeared since the time it was posted, has been exactly what was listed. So far, the list is 4/4. Take it for what it's worth.

Well, some days before there was a post in my guild with the predictions for daily specials, i didn't taken it seriously, because there were two Tholos upgrade kit and i was convinced this time it will not happeen. But now as i've read your post i've looked at those predictions again and you know what? They are completely equal to what we have the last days.

== Daily reward predictions: 23rd: Winners Plaza 24th: Hall of Fame / 25th: Ornate baths / 26th: Wishing Well 27th: Renovtion kit / 28th: Contestant's estate / 29th: Wishing Well Shrink kit 30th: Winners plaza / 1st July: Tholos of Idols / 2nd: Hall of Fame 3rd: Rogue Hideout / 4th: Wishing Well shrink kit / 5th: Shrine of Knowledge 6th: Renovation kit / 7th Winner's Plaza / 8th: Athlete living quarters 9th: Contestant's Estate / 10th: Tholos upgrade kit / 11th Tholos of Idols 12th: One up kit / 13th: Arena of victors / 14th: Tholos upgrade kit 15th: Ornate Baths / 16th: Shrine of Knowledge

Muad Dib13

I know if you don't play enough that you can get relegated, but how the hell can you play (without paying) if you don't have enough energy drinks to make a pass or score a goal? I got relegated for this reason. Just another attempted money grab.

DeletedUser35475

It appears what you posted could possibly be from the following post as it appears on the Soccer Events page in the fan Wiki. While I can't validate it, I can say that every single Daily Special that has appeared since the time it was posted, has been exactly what was listed. So far, the list is 4/4. Take it for what it's worth.

If that is right then those days with the upgrade are going to see some goal scoring!

RazorbackPirate

If that is right then those days with the upgrade are going to see some goal scoring!

Not from me though. I'm still holding out for SoKs. Even if I were to get enough upgrades to take it to level 10, at 4x4, I don't see it finding a place in my city. I'd much rather have 4 - 2x2 SoKs which offer much more flexibility to design an efficient city. Should I end up with 9 upgrades I'll revisit the issue, but since I won't be playing on the days the upgrades are offered, I doubt that will happen.

Once it became clear, before the event even started, that a level 10 Tholos could only be achieved using a large quantity of diamonds, I decided I wasn't going to try for the Tholos, but go after other daily specials. Not only are the more needed, but ultimately more winnable than a level 10 Tholos. Inno's last ditch effort to salvage the level 10 Tholos as nothing more than a sign and symbol of heavy diamond usage, has done nothing to change my strategy or goals for the event whatsoever.

If a level 10 Tholos is your goal, I wish you all luck as you play.

DeletedUser35475

Not from me though. I'm still holding out for SoKs. Even if I were to get enough upgrades to take it to level 10, at 4x4, I don't see it finding a place in my city. I'd much rather have 4 - 2x2 SoKs which offer much more flexibility to design an efficient city. Should I end up with 9 upgrades I'll revisit the issue, but since I won't be playing on the days the upgrades are offered, I doubt that will happen.

Once it became clear, before the event even started, that a level 10 Tholos could only be achieved using a large quantity of diamonds, I decided I wasn't going to try for the Tholos, but go after other daily specials. Not only are the more needed, but ultimately more winnable than a level 10 Tholos. Inno's last ditch effort to salvage the level 10 Tholos as nothing more than a sign and symbol of heavy diamond usage, has done nothing to change my strategy or goals for the event whatsoever.

If a level 10 Tholos is your goal, I wish you all luck as you play.

Well at least you have a much better chance to get to level 10 without diamonds if it is a daily special. Earlier in the event I got 3 specials on 3 consecutive passes. I know that was an outlier but if you have been saving your energy you can sure make a lot of passes in a day!

RazorbackPirate

Well at least you have a much better chance to get to level 10 without diamonds if it is a daily special. Earlier in the event I got 3 specials on 3 consecutive passes. I know that was an outlier but if you have been saving your energy you can sure make a lot of passes in a day!

I've spent enough energy drinks to score two goals so far . One goal when WW shrink kits were up, another goal when Rogue Hideouts came up. Since then I've been waiting for SoKs to make their next appearance. If that list continues to be accurate, which so far it is, we'll see them on Thursday. Europe has already reported in for the day, and just as the list predicted, when the Daily Special rolls over we'll see a Rogue Hideout again.

If they show up Thursday as expected, I'll spend down my drinks for as many Daily Specials I can achieve and get whatever goals I get, once I'm below the amount needed for another complete run at the goal, I'll hang onto the rest. Then on the last day, once all the drinks have been earned, and the last SoK appears, I'll go out in a blaze of glory scoring as many SoKs as the Inno RNG sees fit to give me. I just hope the cluster of prizes I fall into that day is the heavy on SoKs cluster. They can even out the percentages on someone else.

But I'll get what I get. If I happen to cluster on Palm Trees or Victory Towers, so be it. I'll be disappointed sure, but I'm certainly not going to come back on to complain about how unfair it was or the computer algorithm that's done me wrong.

DeletedUser35475

Yes I can already plant a pretty nice tree lined victory garden. I have a fear of ending up with a forrest!

DeletedUser32824

If I play my cards right I'll only need 3 upgrades from the DS. I'm hoping I get lucky and get them all within 1 or 2 goals so I can score like 6 or 7 SOKs when they are the DS next. Oh to increase my FP production by 10 in one event! I like!

DeletedUser26965

Just another attempted money grab.
It's a freemium game so of course they want you to buy stuff, every event is a "money grab", some just more enticingly so than others, this is nothing new nor the only game in the freemium world to do such, how else would you like us to play for free?

DeletedUser26965

Well at least you have a much better chance to get to level 10 without diamonds if it is a daily special.
All I know is if that list is accurate I just got screwed out of more WW's for alt cities so ToI upgrades could be added instead which are useless for my alt cities though I'm glad for my main city. Would have been nice if they told us they were going to add them since this came up in Beta and they were not a DS.

*pow*

I've completed the first 33 quests and the quest progress shows 49/65. As of today, I should be at 54/65 with 12 days left in the event.

For the past few days all I've been getting are the "Extra Time" quests.

Anyone else experiencing this?

RazorbackPirate

This has GOT TO GO into the Oxford English Dictionary .... Touche sloppyjoeslayer ..... me likes the terminology

on topic..... getting closer to my shrinky dink wishing well tool on the questline .... may even finish all quests for an extra upgrade THEN and only THEN will i play the dang side game of tossing energy drinks around to score a goal or two ....

It's already in there. SJS is using a well established term for the type of business model IG follows.

NOUN
  • usually as modifier A business model, especially on the Internet, whereby basic services are provided free of charge while more advanced features must be paid for.
Origin
1990s (denoting a free gift given by a business to persuade customers to pay for other goods or services): blend of free and premium.

RazorbackPirate

I've completed the first 33 quests and the quest progress shows 49/65. As of today, I should be at 54/65 with 12 days left in the event.

Mine is reading correctly. If yoiu have completed all of the Extra Daily Quests and are now looking at the timer, the correct readout is 54/65.

BTW- Europe has reported in and as the list predicted, the next Daily Special for tomorrow, Thursday, July 5th will be the Shrine of Knowledge.

Arya66

I have not, but a guild mate of mine has... she is at 37/65. She says she has to pay a bunch of coin to get out..???
What is this about???

BruteForceAttack

Well if it says "Pay nnn coins/supplies", you just need to pay that many coins/supplies.

Can you get a screenshot of the quest? is it event or daily quest?

RazorbackPirate

I have not, but a guild mate of mine has... she is at 37/65. She says she has to pay a bunch of coin to get out..???
What is this about???

Just a normal Quest. It's this one:

Quest 38: (Mon - 18 June)
  • Coach: "Spend some Forge Points" and "Pay some coins"
    Reward: 60 Energy Drinks
Spend the FPs, pay the coins, complete the quest, get your drinks, and move on.

Quest 57 is the one that will activate later tonight, so they've got a long way to go before they get just one per day. I've been at one quest per day since mid June, about 3-4 days into the event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

What is this about???
I already finished that one in all of my cities, but I had a city where I hadn't pushed the "Pay supplies" button yet. This is the easiest quest in the world- you click the "Pay supplies/coins" button and that part of the quest is done.

upload_2018-7-7_0-37-58.png

IngeJones

I'd much rather have 4 - 2x2 SoKs which offer much more flexibility to design an efficient city.

That might be true if they didn't need a road, but you have to figure in the extra tiles taken up by the access road. 4 of SoK need twice the amount of tiles of roadage that 1 of Tholos, and Tholos gives a lot of extra benefit on top of the FP

RazorbackPirate

That might be true if they didn't need a road, but you have to figure in the extra tiles taken up by the access road. 4 of SoK need twice the amount of tiles of roadage that 1 of Tholos, and Tholos gives a lot of extra benefit on top of the FP

While, you're correct in your assessment, unless you want to spend diamonds, you can have one or the other and even with ToQ upgrades finally appearing as a Daily Special, a level 10 Tholos is still not guaranteed.

Since I don't need the extra benefits ToI offers, SoKs, were, and still are the best fit given my current needs. Amd 4 - 2x2 items gives me much more design flexibility than one 4x4.