• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

DeletedUser11609

So, what's the point of a time gated event, that forces you to do 1 task a day, right up to the last day?
Do they really think people will waste more time in the game doing this?

RazorbackPirate

Actually, it increases revenue.

Makes sense. Let you get a ton of free and easy drinks the first few days, give you good daily specials so you'll play, you get the adrenaline rush of winning stuff while you burn through that first set of drinks. Then they slam on the brakes making sure the drinks are a slow go. "Sorry folks, you want another rush like that first one, you'll have to buy diamonds."

Same sales technique as a drug pusher. "No, no, just take it. Have a little fix, it's on me." You just better be bringing money tomorrow.

DeletedUser26965

Some early stats for Daily Special runs:

10 Cities
127 passes total
10867 drinks spent
1086 drinks avg per city
85.56 drinks avg per pass
19 DS's
15% chance to get DS average over the long run
572 drinks per DS avg over the long run
Following this up with another round the approximate average of drinks spent per Daily Special I have now is 649. So if you get 6920 drinks from the event and concentrate on the best daily special players that's 10 daily specials over the long run average. Currently across all my 25 cities I'm measuring on it's at 7.4 with 2090 drinks left to get which will be an average of 3 more making it 10 on average over the long run. Of course though there are some cities doing badly and others better, such as to be expected statistically speaking. So far the variance is 2 to 11 daily specials.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Surprisingly made it pass the AVATAR quest .... I've noticed INNO has laid low on MAP / tech tree re-quests !

Perhaps the devs have revisited An-war's game advice ?

According to the Wiki which now has all the quests listed through the end of the event, the will be no Tech unlock requirement or any C-map advancement, There is, or has been an alternative for every one.

"Have the first difficulty in the Guild Expedition solved OR Infiltrate 5 sectors"

This is as close as it gets. The c-map option is not even listed first,. I hope this is the new direction for all the events from now in.

DeletedUser28223

According to the Wiki which now has all the quests listed through the end of the event, the will be no Tech unlock requirement or any C-map advancement, There is, or has been an alternative for every one.

"Have the first difficulty in the Guild Expedition solved OR Infiltrate 5 sectors"

This is as close as it gets. The c-map option is not even listed first,. I hope this is the new direction for all the events from now in.
Generally in agreement that quests haven't blocked tech- or map-locked players, but disappointed that today's donate or battle quest effectively prevents my Bronze Age account from moving forward since donation from ages beyond your own DO NOT count towards the quest :(

DeletedUser26965

I hope this is the new direction for all the events
It won't be because Inno never once said they were ever getting rid of Map and Tech requirements and said more than once they will only sometimes have options for them, the next historical questline has "Scout a Province or acquire 3 Sectors" and the last quest is "Acquire a Province" and the building most will think is not worth it. After that is the Summer Event so we'll see what that brings with it.

DeletedUser35475

Generally in agreement that quests haven't blocked tech- or map-locked players, but disappointed that today's donate or battle quest effectively prevents my Bronze Age account from moving forward since donation from ages beyond your own DO NOT count towards the quest :(

Yes I started a new city just to see how far I could go and it is tough. You forget how hard it was to get 2,800 supplies and 20 fp's, fuggetaboutit!

RazorbackPirate

It won't be because Inno never once said they were ever getting rid of Map and Tech requirements and said more than once they will only sometimes have options for them, the next historical questline has "Scout a Province or acquire 3 Sectors" and the last quest is "Acquire a Province" and the building most will think is not worth it. After that is the Summer Event so we'll see what that brings with it.

Then it's a good thing I've not touched any of the tech or map I've left for events. I figured I'd make a decision after the Summer Event. One Historic Questline and one Event does not a trend make, even if they were back to back That's unfortunate.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32973

I don't know where this is from, but one of my guildies posted this in my Guild chat (they got it from a guild on an alternate world).

guildy said:
... this is what was shared in my other world. Only grabbed the SoK and tholos upgrade dates:
July 5 Sok
July
10th: Tholos upgrade kit /
11th Tholos of Idols
12th: One up kit /
13th: Arena of victors /
14th: Tholos upgrade kit
15th: Ornate Baths /
16th: Shrine of Knowledge
I don’t know if this is even accurate .. time will tell

Can anyone validate this?

DeletedUser32973

Can only validate up to 11 myself from the site (near the bottom) http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2018_FoE_Soccer_Cup_Event

I'm not seeing it. I see up to the 30th (current).

No one can, cause it hasn't happened yet.

Going from beta there will be a Tholos as a daily prize, but no upgrade kits.

Well obviously not 100% since as you said it's in the future, but data miners can often give us an accurate picture. Don't be so obtuse XD.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

JOY.....someone is out there with nothing better to do than exploit the games 'current events' and recreate their worlds accordingly....they PAY while I PLAY

Ah whales. Always chase the latest event building, then tear them all down for the next big event prize. How wasteful.

Well, I haven't done too badly. I picked up 3 Contestant Estates for my main, grabbed one of the the Baths for completion purposes, and got another Athlete Quarters. Didn't chase any Plazas, because I picked up 4 during Forge Bowl, and I stored the two I was using to place the Estates. I'm going to keep the Plazas in my inventory until I hit CE where they'll get a +4% to attack instead of 3 once I use some Renos on them. I'm going to chase 1 ups for the rest of the event since I need more. Over in my Wishing Well farm, I got 3 shrinks so far, and that's good because I was looking to acquire at least 3 or 4.

DeletedUser26965

I'm not seeing it. I see up to the 30th (current).
Sorry about that, I confused your original comment for goal rewards since that was what was on my mind at the time. The Daily Specials they won't have listed because just like the rest of us we don't know what they are until they are released so unless the person with the information you listed is someone who works for Inno then I don't see how they could possibly know.

DeletedUser26965

Ah whales. Always chase the latest event building, then tear them all down for the next big event prize. How wasteful.
If the next building is better than what they had then how is it wasteful?

I’m very curious who these people are, who has that kind of money to sink in a browser strategy game
It's the bourgeoisie, every time, how dare they support my free play;)

DeletedUser29623

If the next building is better than what they had then how is it wasteful?

It's the bourgeoisie, every time, how dare they support my free play;)
I guess I think of the bourgeoisie as having too much common sense and practicality for that. I imagine them as the Uday and Qusay type, the children of rich men looking for ways to buy a feeling of accomplishment.