• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Asteroid Belt Feedback

BruteForceAttack

I don't understand the reasoning of not allowing us to access the Mars Ore deposits if we move to SAAB. They're on the map, why not just leave them there?

Inno's logic is you dont have access to colony, so you dont have access to credits, so you cant mine... Also it will slowdown players going thru SAAB quickly and ask when is the next age coming up :)

DeletedUser32558

Inno's logic is you dont have access to colony, so you dont have access to credits, so you cant mine... Also it will slowdown players going thru SAAB quickly and ask when is the next age coming up :)
We get buildings what gives Mars ore and they are effective way do more Ore - Asteroid Ice will be what slow you down, ;)

...and 50K SAAB goods, lol

DeletedUser

I'd like to state that calling Space carrier a Great Building, is somehow exaggerated, in my opinion, it's a very small building in terms of investment return

Is there not going to be a battle tower for this age?
I created a ticket because the SAAB battle tower will not open and show me by battle score. I advanced to SAAB, conquered in continent map until i had conquered the tower province, did 3 battles with 1 or more SAAB units. Tower still shows closed. So i created a ticket on it

IngeJones

Oh I was used to the battle tower being on the first province, I guess I just have to go on conquering a bit longer

DeletedUser32558

I created a ticket because the SAAB battle tower will not open and show me by battle score. I advanced to SAAB, conquered in continent map until i had conquered the tower province, did 3 battles with 1 or more SAAB units. Tower still shows closed. So i created a ticket on it
It worked same way when last age was released.

Sentinels rules - second SAAB continent halfway done, :oops: and SAAB units :eek: (must try Nail Storms after Traz pops...)

DeletedUser32558

Space Carrier is the Negotiating equivalent of Himeji Castle. Are you saying HC sucks as well?
@dpghost is partially on right path, Space Carrier negotiations cost can be high and its hard compare directly to HC what bonus NOT require extra goods or actions.

, still I think Space Carrier is worth to build but negotiations are mostly wasted and I dislike "Random special goods".

Last edited by a moderator:

Jase249

Initial impression:

It's pretty good, but one glaring problem are the units. Everything's a melee unit, which makes them extremely weak. Shredders and Hover Hammers are significantly inferior to Steel Wardens and Sentinels due to the range factor. In a fight of steel wardens against shredders, if they started next to each other the shredders would win. However, the way the battles go, the wardens get a free volley that the shredders just have to absorb. With the AR targeting that edge becomes even more decisive.

I did the whole continent map this morning strictly with SA:M and VF troops and it was ridiculously easy. The SA:AB heavy and fast units need range upgrades or there's no challenge. There's no point to even using them at all

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I started today SAAB and it feels very disappointing.
First of all the military units are very weak. Plain nothing. I did the whole continental map with 8 Sentinels on full auto.
The continental map was very long and beyond that - a bit boring
What hurts the most are the recurrent quest; 13 quests, my god, most of them will never be used (only if you're brain dead will you pay hundreds of goods for the chance of getting 5 goods before Chateau bonus). yes there are 2 Spend FP's quest, but by the time you cycle them back, you have forgotten for sure what you wanted to do before.
I believe that the developers decided to dwarf the Chateau, and since mine is quite high, I feel really bad.
I have invested a lot of time and energy leveling my Chateau and it served me well, in particular during SAM - I managed to get a Sentinel building on the 3rd day of SAM, mostly by doing the unbirthday quest.
The quests are not... repeatable, thus not recurrent, you need a partner to supply you with trades, there is no quest for gathering coins or supplied separately, clearly effort was invested in transforming the recurrent list of quest into something that can't be repeated in a short time.
Which is good, since there is nothing really interesting in the research, no superior military unit (you got the Nail Storm - you got everything), no interesting Great Building, nothing at all.
From where I stand - waste of a good opportunity

qaccy

@dpghost Eh, the way I see it, Chateau's still helpful. Better off having it then not, yeah? The quests just aren't all as repeatable as previous ages have been. Plus, some people are probably going to try to complete all or most of them in the hopes of winning the diamond prize from each!

DeletedUser24719

I agree with KingJase24! This is an insult to those who worked thru SAM and put up with the valueless goods. Once again INNO slaps in the face!

DeletedUser35836

@dpghost Eh, the way I see it, Chateau's still helpful. Better off having it then not, yeah? The quests just aren't all as repeatable as previous ages have been. Plus, some people are probably going to try to complete all or most of them in the hopes of winning the diamond prize from each!
Chat is still valuable but by the time I move up to this age I will delete My LoA, RAH And SMB - all have been rendered useless.

DeletedUser

Chateau still has some value, but it's highly depreciated.
The question for me - did the developers WANTED to dwarf the Chateau ?
I feel like we, the old guard are being targeted by the developers.
it's easier to say that after playing more than 3 years, one should delete the account and start anew, else the game developers will take care of it...
STINKS

Your Majesty King

I'm only in Iron Age. I've been playing for about a week. I can't see how I can be included in this. If I can participate , where do I go in the research tree without leaving the Iron Age?

Zatrikon

From the invention of gunpowder, there should never again be any units that don't have range. It makes no sense at all. Do people just become stupid in the future? Is that the idea? Why would they give up the most obvious tactical advantage of being able to attack at range? None of the following units make any sense:

Future Drone Swarm
VF Augmented Samurai
VF Warrior Monk
SAAB Hover Hammer
SAAB Drill Ranger
SAAB Shredder
SAAB Champion

INNO: PLEASE STOP DOING THIS! It makes no sense!

The units with Dragon Breath make no sense either, but at least they don't suffer retaliation damage, which I guess can compensate. A non-ranged unit that is immune to Retaliation Damage, even without Dragon Breath, might be OK, if it has a high enough speed, or a big enough Dug In bonus.

Graviton

I'm only in Iron Age. I've been playing for about a week. I can't see how I can be included in this. If I can participate , where do I go in the research tree without leaving the Iron Age?

You can't advance to the Belt without leaving Iron Age, it's a different Era. Just keep playing, it will still be there when you advance through all the other ages to get there.

qaccy

@Zatrikon Technically, the Shredder and (SAAB) Champion do have range. Enough to avoid retaliation, anyway. But to play devil's advocate here, these units having low range makes sense for the design of these units. They're all attacking with their 'body' or some sort of melee weapon instead of a projectile. Samurai using their swords obviously aren't going to be able to attack halfway across the field from where they're standing. Same deal with the Shredder's huge sawblades and all these other units like this. Doesn't make them any better, of course (something about bringing a knife to a gun fight), but it still makes more sense than them having long attack ranges.

All the above means that the 'solution' here is to only design units that attack with projectiles rather than up close.