• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2021 questions and non feedback comments

Kranyar the Mysterious

I don't think it works that way. The only time I've seen a quest complete for something I did before I opened the quest for the first time is making my population enthusiastic, but that's because they're always enthusiastic. I also opened my Monday quest after GE had reset, so mine didn't autocomplete either.
Could be. Hard to tell sometimes when you are active several times a day.

dwaynedibley

While I havent been at this game long. it looks to me like this event is NOT set up for a player to get all of the upgrades without spending diamonds or real word $. I have done the previous 3 events, and following the most efficient method, was able to get all the upgrades to the special building, plus 1 or 2 extra. On this one, even using the most efficient animal every time, it looks like I will come up one short, unless I am able to cross 1-2/3 more ponds, which isnt likely. Unless they start coming up with more lanterns in the incidents - they have been very small, except for two with 50 I got last night.

RazorbackPirate

While I havent been at this game long. it looks to me like this event is NOT set up for a player to get all of the upgrades without spending diamonds or real word $. I have done the previous 3 events, and following the most efficient method, was able to get all the upgrades to the special building, plus 1 or 2 extra. On this one, even using the most efficient animal every time, it looks like I will come up one short, unless I am able to cross 1-2/3 more ponds, which isnt likely. Unless they start coming up with more lanterns in the incidents - they have been very small, except for two with 50 I got last night.
Your final upgrade should come from the Surprise Box from the previous event. Have you taken that into account yet?

dwaynedibley

Yes, I am counting the upgrade from the surprise box, plus the one I will get for doing all 62 quests, which will give me the base building plus 7 upgrades. Based on the ranking I saw on Foehints, I have been using the most efficient animal each time (usually the silver ones like raccoon).

RazorbackPirate

Yes, I am counting the upgrade from the surprise box, plus the one I will get for doing all 62 quests, which will give me the base building plus 7 upgrades. Based on the ranking I saw on Foehints, I have been using the most efficient animal each time (usually the silver ones like raccoon).
Then also based on the FOEhints guy, you should be able to get a level 8 from the quests and play, then the ninth from the box. He's rarely wrong.

Dominator - X

Have you taken into consideration that your League Placement also matters here? If you land in Silver, you get 1 upgrade. If you land in Gold, you get 2. Also, if you are signed up for Email notifications (prior to event starting) INNO will send an Email with a link to get some event currency for 1 city. It isn't much, but it helps.

dwaynedibley

FYI - I did get the bonus lanterns from the email, and I also purchased a $10 diamond package at the start of the event that gave me some extra lanterns (I forget how many - maybe 100 or 200)? I am currently just barely in silver league. If that holds, I will get the last upgrade, but I am so close to the edge on that, I cant depend on it. I have received three 50 lantern incidents so far; the rest have been 10 or less.

True592

I have completed all the quests, opened that mystery box from the previous Event.
Yet, I have only 8 pieces (1 base, 1 selection, 6 upgrades).

How come?

PS. Moreover, I see that I haven't even made to the Bronze league. I have 202, and Bronze starts from 225. What the heck?

Johnny B. Goode

I have completed all the quests, opened that mystery box from the previous Event.
Yet, I have only 8 pieces (1 base, 1 selection, 6 upgrades).

How come?

PS. Moreover, I see that I haven't even made to the Bronze league. I have 202, and Bronze starts from 225. What the heck?
A) Join the club. I have finished all the quests in several cities, and searched diligently for incidents with event currency, yet in only one city have I gotten the fully upgraded Mill.
B) Leagues are heavily affected by Diamond spenders. Whether they spend real money or get them from Diamond farms (or just from having played a long time), Diamond spenders play a huge role in determining leagues in events.

True592

I don't think it sums up, Johnny.
I would agree on a Gold league. Silver, well, doubtful, sound like a stretch -- but possible.
Now, do we believe that Bronze league, the whole 20% are diamond spenders? I am pretty sure, impossible.
Moreover, not only I haven't make it, I am 202 vs 225 to qualify for Bronze.
So, we have to believe that about 1/3 of all users, have spent some serious amount of diams? No way!

Nashtah

Nope I am Bronze league(238) and no diamonds spent. I also have a level 9 mill.

I ran the whole quest line and daily log in everyday. I also mainly took silver and gold jumps.

wolfhoundtoo

And when picking the selections you made which did you concentrate on? The longest advance? The middle advance? Did you go for the daily special? In addition you seem to be think that somehow you should of made the top 20% no matter what even though that's only 1/5 of the people that play (and I doubt they use accounts but people who actually participated in the event would be what I'd expect that they'd of used).

Some would of gotten lucky and gotten more incidents with lanterns which might of made a difference but tough to tell without being able to compare you to someone who did end up in bronze.

True592

Distance is irrelevant. Basically, we all have, say, 1000 steps. Whether you do 5 at time or 100 -- it doesn't matter, the total is 1000.

As for the Bronze league, I highlighted it only to illustrate the gap. I mean, if developers dropped so many incidents to some cities vs others, it's a screw up.

My main point, I think that everyone who completed all quests and spent all their lanterns -- while not skipping 100 for a daily visit -- should get the fully upgraded piece.
Otherwise, what's the point of completing all requirements?

Ironrooster

All 3 of my cities are in bronze and got level 9 Suishun Mills. I did this by always taking the most distance cost effective animal offered. This was the silver animal followed by gold followed by bronze - white was much more costly than the others. The only exception was at the end of the pond when the gold animal was on shore - it was better than taking the silver which would neccestate taking a white to get on shore. I also used the event box and searched daily for incidents.

RazorbackPirate

Distance is irrelevant. Basically, we all have, say, 1000 steps. Whether you do 5 at time or 100 -- it doesn't matter, the total is 1000.
This is where you're wrong and why you missed the full Mill. Not every animal covers the same distance per unit of currency. Of the three Animals showing for me right now, the most efficient is the Swan at 36.7 lanterns per step, and the Butterfly at 55 lanterns per step.

If we both have 1000 lanterns and I always pick the Swan and you always pick the Butterfly, who will get farther across the pond? Me, picking Swans.
As for the Bronze league, I highlighted it only to illustrate the gap. I mean, if developers dropped so many incidents to some cities vs others, it's a screw up.
I'm in Bronze league in 2 cities, and still got a level 9 Mill in both. The distance I traveled, was 232 in one city, 233 in the other. I don't think Incidents vary enough to blame the break between bronze and silver on that.
My main point, I think that everyone who completed all quests and spent all their lanterns -- while not skipping 100 for a daily visit -- should get the fully upgraded piece. Otherwise, what's the point of completing all requirements?
Nice thought, but it's never worked that way. The way it has always worked is, Logging in daily, completing all the quests, collecting all the incidents, and employing the correct strategy. You missed the last part and got the results from it.

Next time, employ the right strategy along with the rest, and you should get the full prize.

True592

!!! OK, everyone, I was wrong.

I thought that no matter what animal is used, altogether they would cover the same distance. And the difference is that white/brown give you a better chance of special, silver/gold give better prizes along the way.
Wrong.

I think it creates imbalance that gold gives both the best prizes and the best length. Which is, of course, doesn't change existing rules.

Sorry and thanks.

PS. Yes, RazorBack, I have already checked ratios table. It seems not logical for me but that is aside the point,

RazorbackPirate

PS. Yes, RazorBack, I have already checked ratios table. It seems not logical for me but that is aside the point,
You're right. It isn't logical, which is the point. Any deviation from the one path, puts you in need of diamonds to fully upgrade if that's your goal.

The way I have always viewed it is that Inno give us three choices in this type of event.

Play for the full Main Prize
Play for maximum Daily Specials
Play for the best Prizes

Any deviation from the path that leads to choice 1 will require diamonds. I'm about 2-3 jumps over what I needed in two cities. You and I are just 30 away from each other in crossing distance. That's not a lot of wiggle room. By design.

True592

I disagree. It is not 3 alternatives, as you posted them. That actually is exactly where I see a point of bad balance.
It is:
Play for the slight advantage in Daily special vs
Play for Full Upgrade + the best Prizes along the way

Gold figures just give too lucrative prizes to go alone with the longest jump. Is 50% for attack boosts or fp packs are so much worse than 25% for Daily prizes? Moreover, for Gold, you miss the best ones, you still get something good. You miss Daily in White/Brown -- and you get a worthless junk.

Emberguard

Play for the slight advantage in Daily special vs
Play for Full Upgrade + the best Prizes along the way
Perhaps. There's no guarantee if you go for the advantage as to what the result is. But I have found for the spring event in the past I got 20 daily specials when going for the best Daily Special ratio. This year I went for the best Grand Prize distance and got 9 Daily Specials. "Best" is relative to what you want to achieve and what you value