• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

UBERhelp1

I play 6 cities, and I've had multiple Incidents that contained 200 Pots of Gold...and many more that had 5-100 Pots of Gold.

On topic, it appears that just playing through regularly will get you the full level 2 set. I am only on my 3rd town and will have the full level 2 set just from the chests at the end of this town and the upgrade with the last quest completion. Unless I'm missing something, which isn't out of the realm of possibility.
You can even get some with 500 PoG. I got one of those. They are really rare though.

I'm currently on my 4th town and am going strong, should finish that in a day or so. Then I'm just going to have to wait for a while to get some PoG because I'm almost caught up on quests (I've been taking this event relaxed).

Agent327

In one of my 6 cities, I have gotten significantly more Pots of Gold than the other five. Guess how. Never mind, I'll tell you. It's the city where I have collected all my Incidents each day. In addition to the regular stuff, they can sometimes contain anywhere from 10 to 200 Pots of Gold. I should have been collecting them in every city from the beginning. (Insert facepalm.)

Wow! Great evidence to support a theory. I collect every incident in all my cities and there is a big difference, because it is random. What do you think of that?

DeletedUser14197

In some ways I have enjoyed this event but more and more I simply hate it because I can't make progress cause I don't have pots if gold. Partly could be my own fault since I moved on to city 3 once I had enough gold for the chest not considering I needed enough to hire managers once I started the new city. It had been annoying ever since. I never get much gold from incidents and my fire works needs a manager and if it's up I can click on it to collect but if I leave it stops totally to even progress. Once I get tomorrow fps I'll be able to progress but will probably need to stay in this city fir a long time to not only do level 4 of the ship but also 2 levels of fireworks plus the chests plus the managers for the next city. I obviously have messed up along the way but it can't be fixed and now I will probably finish the event but I hate it.

Graviton

... I moved on to city 3 once I had enough gold for the chest not considering I needed enough to hire managers once I started the new city. It had been annoying ever since.

I've learned after the first city to ignore the tasks to upgrade managers if I can help it. That works fine until all three of them require it, but then I only do the least expensive one. We'll see if that works out.

...and my fire works needs a manager and if it's up I can click on it to collect but if I leave it stops totally to even progress.

Yes, that is annoying as all get-out.

DeletedUser42532

Has anybody come close to all ten required Celtic Forest slots to build the Forest to full strength without spending a load of diamonds?

DeletedUser

Has anybody come close to all ten required Celtic Forest slots to build the Forest to full strength without spending a load of diamonds?
Not yet, but by the time the event is over I will have.

DeletedUser40061

Ill keep it brief...worst event ever. A lot of people said its time consuming, they are right. Worser than the first time i played the archaology event. Sorry devs.

Jern2017

I am playing the event, but at a very slow pace, just so I can pick up a Sentinel Outpost or two. I will not get enough Selection Kits even for a level 1 set.

I think the general idea of this event's mechanics is quite interesting, but in its current form, I find it repetitive and boring, resembling the Cultural Settlements I resent so much.

DeletedUser14197

I have 5 Celtic selection kits and will get another when I finish the quest line. I also have the moon gate and majestic fawn that we gett from the quests. They count toward the 10 needed don't they. If so, that makes 8. I should get one more from the chests if I gst enough gold between now and the end of the event to open chests one more time. I really think it's possible to do it without diamonds. If I don't make it out will be because I messed up on one of the town's.

RazorbackPirate

I started my 4th city today after having to wait for the 1400 gold pots payout from last night's quest to buy all 6 of the crap chests to get the Celtic Kit. One crap prize after another just to get to the kit. A 5 min. supply rush? Are you kidding me?

Now in both cities I've got 3 manager task sitting there without the gold pots needed to complete the tasks. Once again I'm waiting to complete tonight's quest for a measly 250 more pots, just enough to complete these quests and move on to the next ones. Even then, at 250 pots per day, it will be another 8 days before I gather the 1,900 gold pots before I can complete this city. Days more before I have the pots to hire the managers to start the 5th one.

Worst event ever.

Graviton

I'd love to know how many people have seen a 200-pot incident 'cause I haven't had one across 7 cities.

WiseOdin

I'd love to know how many people have seen a 200-pot incident 'cause I haven't had one across 7 cities.
One of my guildies found 200 in an incident.

I've finished 3 event cities.. Festival.. Things, and am grinding the last three quests on the fourth. You know, collect 16 Quadrillion shamrocks, upgrade another 250 buildings at 200 Trillion shamrocks each.. The basic things.

It's dawned on me, every little quest I complete.. Doesn't give me anything besides for 1 movement towards a grand prize I don't want..
And then I finish a festival, to get six chests, with two or three things I actually want.

But every little quest in the festival should give out something. Some piddley amount of coins or supplies. Maybe a combat unit or two. Later ones maybe 2, 5, or 10 FP. Maybe even drummers or other special combat units. Every other event has done this. I mean, every other event (since I started in September) has also had really cool event buildings that were possible to finish within the event, had a not too massive footprint, and all gave great bonuses.. And I guess that's out the window this time, too. But why take away our 2,000 Supply prizes?

This event is epically unrewarding (See what I did there?) and the only reason I'm doing it is so I don't form a bad habit of blowing off events. Just because the devs did, doesn't mean I should..

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Ill keep it brief...worst event ever. A lot of people said its time consuming, they are right. Worser than the first time i played the archaology event. Sorry devs.
The event isn't time consuming at all. It takes like 2 minutes every 8 hours. Maybe you're doing something wrong...They let you auto-collect everything. People just want to complain.

OutlawDon

I had one such incident today. I try to check my city about 3 times a day on days off, so I can look for incidents, run 4-hr productions, etc. Am in only one world so I can give it more attention than when I was in 3 worlds. I have a hunch you have more luck if you visit 3 times a day. New incidents pop up.