• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

DeletedUser38039

I have been playing this game for over a year and this is the worst event ever. The mechanics could be interesting but the prizes are PATHETIC.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I have been playing this game for over a year and this is the worst event ever. The mechanics could be interesting but the prizes are PATHETIC.
The prizes are actually some of the most valuable ever distributed in FoE. FP production is 8th highest of all special buildings. Only Special Event building/set to offer all 4 atk/def bonuses. Add in that FP production can be increased by chaining duplicate pieces and it's value increases even more.

DeletedUser24719

And 1a2s3d remember this forum is for people to exchange opinions and ideas. If you don't like them don't log in! I am so damn tired of players using the "you don't have to" excuse. The fact is this event suks!! Period!!

Vger

The fact is this event suks!! Period!!
No, that is an opinion, not a fact. Like you said, this is a place to exchange opinions, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just don't call your opinion a fact. I'm enjoying this event, one of the better ones Inno has done. And I'm definitely enjoying the 11 FP a day and other good stuff my CF is already giving me.

has anyone compared this celtic set to the spring set? It's less attack overall, but between defense for attacking army and attack boost, it seems like it's better than the spring set. It also seems like it takes less space. i haven't put down a lot of spring set items, but have been collecting them. I'm thinking about getting more of this celtic set and just going with that. thoughts?

UBERhelp1

has anyone compared this celtic set to the spring set? It's less attack overall, but between defense for attacking army and attack boost, it seems like it's better than the spring set. It also seems like it takes less space. i haven't put down a lot of spring set items, but have been collecting them. I'm thinking about getting more of this celtic set and just going with that. thoughts?
This set is slightly bigger (5x6, whereas the Cherry Garden set is 5x5). Personally, I like it better because it is a little more diverse overall.

This set is slightly bigger (5x6, whereas the Cherry Garden set is 5x5). Personally, I like it better because it is a little more diverse overall.
I know it's slightly bigger, but i wouldn't put down the whole set. i would leave out the 4x3 piece and just repeat the rest of it to get the attack/defense boosts for attacking armies. Just trying to figure out if it's better than the spring set with sakura rocks.

UBERhelp1

I know it's slightly bigger, but i wouldn't put down the whole set. i would leave out the 4x3 piece and just repeat the rest of it to get the attack/defense boosts for attacking armies. Just trying to figure out if it's better than the spring set with sakura rocks.
If you leave out that 4x3 piece, then not all the pieces will be boosted and the set will not be as effective.

mor buck

I have multiple 2x Sakura sets and they really are more effiecient because at end attack/def. boost is really hard gain with FPs.(lvl90+ GBs)

, anyone have pictures from attack/def. sets? :rolleyes:

I'm not going to finish this event. First time. I think they are trying to force way too many microtransactions to make it go faster and the volume of human interaction required is horrible. Rewards are "meh" at best and no dailies. I've already got a full time job, but this event actually makes me want to quit the game as the last couple of things rolled out by Inno have been less than stellar and time consuming with less ROI for time/resources. Feedback of what to change: LESS crap to do - maybe 3 buildings maximum if you have to use this design again (Please don't). The rewards between towns needs a big boost as getting a lame item like an attack boost during that shouldn't exist.

Lankybrit

@Lankybrit It cost me 2000 pots of gold, not 1000, to open up all the chests to get the Celtic Forest Selection Kit. I wonder if this is based on what age yer up to. Try not to spend too many pots of gold if ya want to open all the chests to get the prize before headin' over to another town to help with the festivities. Some mateys arrr also advisin' me not to upgrade the factories too high.
Yeah, it's 1900 actually. But you need 2000 so you can hire at least 3 managers in the next city. My bad. I watched FOEHints and got the right answer.

RazorbackPirate

I've just completed the 38th task in my 3rd town. I'm now stuck there until tonight's quest with the 14,000 Gold pots payout. That, combined with the 110 pots for the daily log in will give me just enough to buy the chests moving to my 4th town. However, depending on my luck with Pots from incidents, It will be several days of quests before getting the number I'll need to hire the first set of managers.

While I'm reasonably confident I'm on track to get a full level 2 Celtic Forest, This event is as exciting as watching paint dry. Knowing the rest of the event is just more of the same, with 2 more towns to slog through, and days of waiting around for the gold pots to progress, I can finally give my opinion that this is the worst event Inno has ever produced.

Although I'm sure we will, I hope this event doesn't return in this structure. The mini-game is excruciatingly boring to play, even worse waiting for the pots to play it. I also hope beyond hope Inno does not use this mini game in another event. Once a year for it is already once a year too much.

For all the complaints it got, Carnival was a much more enjoyable event. This ones sucks.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

In one of my 6 cities, I have gotten significantly more Pots of Gold than the other five. Guess how. Never mind, I'll tell you. It's the city where I have collected all my Incidents each day. In addition to the regular stuff, they can sometimes contain anywhere from 10 to 200 Pots of Gold. I should have been collecting them in every city from the beginning. (Insert facepalm.)

WinnerGR

In one of my 6 cities, I have gotten significantly more Pots of Gold than the other five. Guess how. Never mind, I'll tell you. It's the city where I have collected all my Incidents each day. In addition to the regular stuff, they can sometimes contain anywhere from 10 to 200 Pots of Gold. I should have been collecting them in every city from the beginning. (Insert facepalm.)
All of my incidents since the begging of the event have all contained 200 gold , I must be very luck .

Zatrikon

All of my incidents since the begging of the event have all contained 200 gold , I must be very luck .
I haven't seen a single incident that had 200 pots of gold. I've had a few that had 100, and some that have had 50 or less. But most incidents are the same old coins/supplies/medals/etc.

DeletedUser

I play 6 cities, and I've had multiple Incidents that contained 200 Pots of Gold...and many more that had 5-100 Pots of Gold.

On topic, it appears that just playing through regularly will get you the full level 2 set. I am only on my 3rd town and will have the full level 2 set just from the chests at the end of this town and the upgrade with the last quest completion. Unless I'm missing something, which isn't out of the realm of possibility.