• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

DeletedUser30312

Well I should be able to finish off the set in Jaims. I'm on my 5th city, and I have 2 more tasks to finish for the last upgrade prize on the task list. That should just require a bit of time, and I should finish later today or sometime tomorrow. Still, success here depended on luck, since I would never have gotten this far without pots of gold from the incidents, including a 100 PoG incident this morning which helped a lot.

Parkog I should at least come close to finishing the set, but I'm a little behind on that city. I got 150 PoGs from incidents there this morning which definitely helps, but then I don't push events as hard on Parkog as I do Jaims either.

I stopped bothering on my WW cities a while back. Without dailies to provide an opportunity to grab a couple WWs or shrinks, there's little point in doing the event. They're showing up as prizes on the task list, but it's not worth the effort to win them that way.

DevaCat

Imho, awful event and I would not miss it if it were never again to be seen.

If I had wanted to mess with spreadsheets and a stopwatch, I'd have gone back to work and at least gotten some money for my effort.

For those of you who enjoy this sort of thing, I'm glad you got one to suit you. It's just not my cup of tea. Too much of a grind for too little reward, though the set is fine if you are a fan of sets, which I'm not. It has just not been fun.

To those of you saying we are all wrong and that it was really simple to figure out and do, or who could simply just look at it and successfully complete it without effort or planning or research... Well, ain't you special.

DeletedUser

Switching strategy in mid-event made this one tougher for me than it should have been. I'm hoping this will be added to their stable of event mini-games, because I want to do this one from the start and only open the free chests in between towns. I think using the Pots of Gold exclusively for managers/manager upgrades will get me much further on the main prize than wasting 1900 PoGs after every town. I was able to get through towns much quicker after I quit paying to open chests in this one, and was only limited because of the PoGs I wasted after completing the first two towns.

DeletedUser3485

This had to be THE WORST EVENT in FOE history and you're stopping it a week short of SPD......wait, that is the upside for this event.

UBERhelp1

The event will close with me getting a full level 2 set, with almost 1200 PoG to spare (still need the questline kit though). I will open a few chests with that remaining gold (about 900 after getting managers in the city). This event was actually pretty nice for me.

I do think the event was mostly fair for those who didn't read the strategies, as they should have still ended up with at least a level 1 set, maybe with a few upgrades as well, which is great for the 5x6 footprint that easily replaces TFs that many players have filling up space. You actually had to put in some effort for the level 2 set.

I enjoyed the minigame (I am a fan of idle games) but I felt it was a little too short or limited. For example, moving on to the next town should have given a small speed boost to everything, which stacks as you advance farther.

Overall though, I liked this event. In my opinion, it is better than the Carnival event because the Carnival event is all just random chance, there is no real skill or brainpower involved. The St. Patrick's Day event, however, was well balanced and something new. It had a little more to it than just mindlessly clicking buttons to spend event currency. I would enjoy seeing it return.

DeletedUser31397

I will be getting a complete level 2 set tonight after the final quest and after I spend my last 1900 PoG for the 6 chests. My incident luck was...ok I guess...got about 400 extra PoG but LOTS of 10s so probably not as good as other players. I will have 250 PoG leftover to spend on a few chests. This didn't include the free PoG from the newsletter as I used that on my secondary city and didn't realize how close it was going to be lol. Nice to know you can still get a complete set without having the best luck in the world.

I will have 4 selection kits from 4 sets of 6 chests and 3 selection kits from 175 tasks completed (25+75+75) along with the 3 buildings from the questline. No diamonds spent on the event.

DeletedUser

Please leave any questions you have, and any feedback on the event here in this thread.
Hello, moderator, I, have looked up precisely how to delete my F.O.E. forum account. This leads to email partner-support@innogames.de, as of 1/8/2020 and forward. Also, the official notice states to leave a delete forum account request on a message board. This said, will you go ahead and delete my forum account, under my player name, Pachoo Lee, from Noarsil mainly, in game hours. Thank you for doing this. I politely assume this post will be gone data as well, thank you....

DeletedUser27301

I submitted feedback on this event to support and they requested that I re-post it here. It's kind of long, so it's in the spoiler

Hi, I've been playing Forge of Empires for close to four years but took a break somewhere in between, returned last November. My break was due to just being too busy with life, I have always loved this game.

However, this is the first time I've felt compelled to submit feedback about an event. In the past, I've always loved them whether or not I finish them. Not this time though.

The 2020 St. Patrick's Day event is the first I have very much disliked. The theme was great, the Celtic Forest set is gorgeous, this feedback is about the game play itself. With this evening's daily quest, I will be able to get the final kit needed to have a complete level 2 set of Celtic Forest after what was a very unpleasant event to grind through.

The mini-game required an absolutely absurd amount of time and clicking. It got very boring after a while and took away too much time from other facets of the game. I make a substantial effort to help with leading the guild I am in, which is a top 10 guild in this world and I really do not like an event that takes too much time away from being able to do this as effectively, especially when what I do helps players feel more welcome and stick with the game longer.

I like how Inno branched out and tried something different, but I really hope Inno does not ever do an event that is this time intensive ever again. I should also note that this event required so much clicking that it actually hurt my wrist, and I have seen others mention that it's triggered their carpel tunnel.

I hope this feedback makes it to the right person who might make a difference. Thank you very much for your time.

-LadySansaStark

Two thoughts on the event (I'm hoping Inno actually reads the feedback)
1) not having daily specials was annoying. Not being able to focus on the rewards I want made the event much less interesting.
2) the "idle game" style for the minigame city was novel but the event design and figuring out how to balance event currency vs shamrocks was excessively confusing.

DeletedUser26660

I submitted feedback on this event to support and they requested that I re-post it here. It's kind of long, so it's in the spoiler

Hi, I've been playing Forge of Empires for close to four years but took a break somewhere in between, returned last November. My break was due to just being too busy with life, I have always loved this game.

However, this is the first time I've felt compelled to submit feedback about an event. In the past, I've always loved them whether or not I finish them. Not this time though.

The 2020 St. Patrick's Day event is the first I have very much disliked. The theme was great, the Celtic Forest set is gorgeous, this feedback is about the game play itself. With this evening's daily quest, I will be able to get the final kit needed to have a complete level 2 set of Celtic Forest after what was a very unpleasant event to grind through.

The mini-game required an absolutely absurd amount of time and clicking. It got very boring after a while and took away too much time from other facets of the game. I make a substantial effort to help with leading the guild I am in, which is a top 10 guild in this world and I really do not like an event that takes too much time away from being able to do this as effectively, especially when what I do helps players feel more welcome and stick with the game longer.

I like how Inno branched out and tried something different, but I really hope Inno does not ever do an event that is this time intensive ever again. I should also note that this event required so much clicking that it actually hurt my wrist, and I have seen others mention that it's triggered their carpel tunnel.

I hope this feedback makes it to the right person who might make a difference. Thank you very much for your time.

-LadySansaStark

This supports what I sent to INNO and they also asked me to also post here which I did. You make a good point about the constant clicking which does cause repetitive strain injury to the joints, which has been mentioned before with things like aiding and tavern visiting which should both have an 'aid all' and 'visit all' button, but will they listen?

Emm55

This event would be almost doable if you had given us twice the am't of gold. Sure, there are many folks who can't stomach an idle game, but I was fine w that part. But I see no reason to make the gold a second huge bottleneck. If the instructions on beta would have been clearer, we would have been able to critique the event better. I think you would have gotten the message much clearer about the gold being a problem.

If you look at the beta comments, vast majority of them were about the instructions. They read like one person had written them, but no one else had tightened them up.
This was a huge undertaking for whoever designed it. It could have been successful if you had spent two more weeks on it before you released it.

Graviton

Even being inexpert about it I'm going to end up just one kit shy of a fully-upgraded set in all my cities. I might even get the last kit in a couple of them if I get lucky with incidents today. Since it's not that important to have all five pieces at level 2, my only gripes about the event are the idle "phone game" design and the absence of daily prizes. It was okay as a change-of-pace but I prefer the way previous events have worked.