• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

DeletedUser42532

I have 23 friends that's all it will let me invite must be some kind of time lock? I aided the Hood just before Quest came up. Not to mention not enough Pots of Gold to do anything. Like I said THIS GAME SUCKS!!!!

DeletedUser42532

It doesn't get any better. I'm playing St Paddy's in two different worlds. In the other world you need to open 12 chests in order to get the expansion kit. The developers definitely need to get real. Usually it was six. If they keep coming up with this crap I'm never spending another "dime" of real money.

Agent327

I manage to get a full sets plus 3 Druid willows, so i get 4 levels 2 Druid willows for 24% defense. My set up doesn’t care about other boost, just get the Druid willows to work:
Top row: Faery rings/Druid willow/Druid willow/majestic fawn + standing stone
Bottom row: Druid willow/Moon gate/ Druid willow

A druid willow takes up 6 squares and gives 6% defence for the defending army and 6% defence for the attacking army.
A ritual flame takes up 2 squares and gives you 8% defence for your defending army
Two sentinel outposts give you 8% defence for your attacking army. That still leaves you two squares.
Why on earth would you use druid willows?

DeletedUser32558

A druid willow takes up 6 squares and gives 6% defence for the defending army and 6% defence for the attacking army.
A ritual flame takes up 2 squares and gives you 8% defence for your defending army
Two sentinel outposts give you 8% defence for your attacking army. That still leaves you two squares.
Why on earth would you use druid willows?
, give me Sentinel Outpost with upgrades, yes and Druid Willow gives defence for attacking army.... maybe we are looking Defence for Attacking army and NOT for City?

ps. Tactican Tower is much better for attack def. but they are quite rare

Jern2017

Well, I didn't put much effort in this event and mainly played it to get some Sentinel Outposts and Tactician's Towers. Nevertheless, I ended up with a complete level one Celtic Forest set and one extra Selection Kit. I will get a second extra Kit from the last quest.

I dislike this event for how monotonous it is, but I replaced my last Terrace Farm with the set, slightly improving my resource production and fighting abilities, so it's not all bad.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I honestly don't understand the complaints about this event.

Step 1 - Unlock each production/transport/festival in order. Select first level managers for each unlock
Step 2 - You do the mini-game quests (at least 32 of them)
Step 3 - Upgrade the buildings to create equilibrium between production/transport/festival.
Step 4 - complete city. Open 6 chests if you have the gold. or open only one. Do not wait to get more gold. Just start the next city.
Step 5 - go back to step 1

Meanwhile, click on your incidents and complete the standard event quests both to get gold. So what's the problem?

Also, I agree with a lot of what people are saying about the grand prize. I said it from the beginning...it is one of the best even prizes in FoE, plus it can be chained to increase it's payout/tile. One thing folks aren't considering when comparing to the Terrace Farm. the TF only needs 1 road connection, while the new set needs 3 points across 2 axis. This is a problem at least for me in replacing TFs directly.

Algona

Step 1 - Unlock each production/transport/festival in order. Select first level managers for each unlock
Step 2 - You do the mini-game quests (at least 32 of them)
Step 3 - Upgrade the buildings to create equilibrium between production/transport/festival.
Step 4 - complete city. Open 6 chests if you have the gold. or open only one. Do not wait to get more gold. Just start the next city.
Step 5 - go back to step 1

Meanwhile, click on your incidents and complete the standard event quests both to get gold. So what's the problem?

Problem 1 - How did you know to do those steps on the first day of the Event? Especially details like completing 32 Tasks per city? Or what the proper order for upgrading managers and lvling Buildings is? Or how to complete the city? Or that Incidents give Event Currency?

Problem 2 - A player following your five steps exactly will fail to get a complete lvl 2 set, You over simplified, omitting critical detail and things to avoid. One example, making sure to have enough PoGs to start the next city before completing the current city. Or those listed in Problem 1.

Problem 3 - PoGs from Incidents are wildly variable. Two of my three cities collected 360 and 440, the third 70 PoGs.

Problem 4 - The Task order and knowing which tasks to skip or to do early are critical to success and not revealed.

Problem 5 - A player has to commit the right amount of time at the right times to assure timely completion of each city.

Those are some of the of the problems with this Event. They can be summed up with:

Problem 6 - A player has to have near complete knowledge about the Event before starting and has to play near perfectly and has to spend a fair amount of time multiple times per day on the minigame to win a full set. Or get lucky with Incidents. Or be willing to drop Diamonds.

----------

Another dislike I have with this Event. Recent (the last 2-3 years) Events have often given players the opportunity to 'focus' on winning multiple copies of secondary Prizes and skip undesired Prizes.

Winning a dozen Sleigh Builders, thank you! Lots more Sleeping Cars? Don't mind if I do! How nice, my choice of multiple WWs and SWWs for my Diamond Farm, you're so thoughtful. I needed three more Colossi upgrades, w00t!

Last edited:

Emberguard

Problem 1 - How did you know to do those steps on the first day of the Event? Especially details like completing 32 Tasks per city? Or what the proper order for upgrading managers and lvling Buildings is? Or how to complete the city? Or that Incidents give Event Currency?
Unlocking “in order” isn’t necessary because the manager tasks auto complete. You only need to not overspend on making them too high a lvl

Just following what looked to me to be the natural flow of the game resulted in me doing precisely what would be needed to get a complete Lvl 2 set prior to working out any of the math or figuring out if it’d work.

However I’m the kind of player that’ll hold back on spending more then the minimum until I know what I’m doing and then increase accordingly. On the other hand I know of people who approach games (in general) in the exact opposite manner, overspending on everything and then correcting after.

I also know someone that does neither of the above. They look at what options are in front of them, calculate very quickly in their head the different outcomes and then take the biggest high risk for high reward option there is. Sometimes it backfires but more often then not they end up being quite successful on a consistent basis.

Problem 6 - A player has to have near complete knowledge about the Event before starting and has to play near perfectly and has to spend a fair amount of time multiple times per day on the minigame to win a full set. Or get lucky with Incidents. Or be willing to drop Diamonds.
Not really. A player mostly needs to not overspend prior to figuring out what they’re doing and do enough quests in the first few days so they have the currency necessary for chests

Not every player is going to get it first time simply because we all approach things differently. The way I approach games has served me well for this particular event. But I’m also expecting it to make me lose horribly the first time on any game that needs to spend huge or as much as possible early on as that’s not natural to my nature.

Problem 4 - The Task order and knowing which tasks to skip or to do early are critical to success and not revealed.
I'm not skipping any of the tasks except for the final city that I'm splitting into a additional city because I decided it'd be better then waiting 8 days doing nothing. There's more then enough time to complete the cities without knowing the order of tasks.

While you can skip tasks if you want I’ve found doing all of them helped me considerably at the end of the event. Had I skipped I’d either be needing to spend more pots or far more juggling of tasks

Problem 3 - PoGs from Incidents are wildly variable. Two of my three cities collected 360 and 440, the third 70 PoGs.
Yeah that’s the biggest qualm with the event.

RazorbackPirate

@RazorbackPirate Thanks fer lettin' me know the Celtic Forest can be plundered. I figured as much. I'll leave it up fer a while but if I start to see me pots of gold missin' and plunderers frolickin' in the lake, I'll store this set away or auction it off to the Antique Dealer. Arrrr!
The best defense against attack is being top 5 in your hood. I rarely get attacked by anyone, even more rarely get plundered. When required to do fights in the hood, (no GE or GBG active) I start at the bottom and work my way up.

The few times I have been plundered has been lucky timing more than anything, certainly not frequent enough to worry about. Any advice to curb productions or store high powered buildings to avoid the rare plunder only hurts the player curbing their productions.

My only city defense is the defense I get from special buildings there for other reasons, I don't waste space with defense buildings when the best defense is a strong offense. On the rare occasion I do get plundered, I just attack and plunder back, snipe a GB, or flip a FP producing GB costing them a double dip. A bit of tit for tat usually makes them go away, if not, then it's some back and forth until the next hood change, and some extra diligence to ensure they get nothing from me after that first plunder.

Algona

You only need to not overspend on making them too high a lvl

A player mostly needs to not overspend prior to figuring out what they’re doing and do enough quests in the first few days so they have the currency necessary for chests

How do you know what overspending is if you don't know what Tasks will be required or the scope of the Event or how many iterations have to be run? Wait until the task comes up?

If you do and you get upgrade Festival or Shipyard Manager how do you know if you should upgrade the other?

INNO felt the Event needed a multistep tutorial at the start and sent links to their video to every player in the game. INNO didn't think this Event was intuitive enough.

I agree.

This Event a player can ruin their chances at winning the full lvl 2 set in the first hours of this Event well before they have the opportunity to learn how to do the Event.

Events should test player skills, but I'm not sure it's fun or reasonable to be tested on the skills to study for and plan for an Event in advance of the Event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30312

Problem 5 - A player has to commit the right amount of time at the right times to assure timely completion of each city.

Those are some of the of the problems with this Event. They can be summed up with:

I definitely agree. There's very little margin of error here, and a player pretty much needs the task list ahead of time to know what to upgrade and what to skip.

DeletedUser31397

I definitely agree. There's very little margin of error here, and a player pretty much needs the task list ahead of time to know what to upgrade and what to skip.

Not to mention you need to know that it will take at least 1900 pots of gold to get the Celtic Forest Selection Kit when opening the 6 chests. It can be misleading since the first few chests appear linear and then it increases exponentially. And if you don't have enough, you have to press continue and have to miss out on the kit.

Btw, the upgrade shipyard manager to level 4 task was a trap. A level 3 festival manager is at equilibrium with a level 2 shipyard manager because the shipyard produces more than the festival takes when at the same level. Fortunately, I noticed that when I was working on my 2nd city and not my main city.

Freshmeboy

From my perspective, the mini game was a success..it's inventive and requires spending time to watch the hypnotic accumulation of shamrocks BUT..the prize is a dog. I won't place it although I will complete the event. I enjoyed the mini game if others didn't. If the prize was another fp. producing monster I think the attitudes would change. Note to INNO: FP dynamics are now a new metric of fp per tile and fps per motivation and that's where the money lies in your events. Keep the mini games coming but we want the monster buildings if you expect diamond spending...Hooking the noobs is fine but there are more of us than them...

WinnerGR

Originally and on Beta I hated the event but now I think the mini game is a success overall though I do think it would have been better if they had used old event rewards from the carnival invent instead of inventing the stupid celtic forest selection kit which has a very low efficiency .

Zatrikon

I think the main thing that would improve this event would be to allow players to skip the town tasks, There are so many that make no strategic sense, other than to get rid of them to reveal the next task. Under any other circumstances, it would never be worth it to spend a billion shamrocks to upgrade a building so that it produces a thousand more shamrocks per batch. That takes a million times to pay for itself. Likewise, there is never any benefit in upgrading your hat factory or the hat factory manager when you already have a cake factory or better. The extra few thousand hats doesn't make any difference when you're making billions in cakes/drinks/fireworks.

If you could skip tasks, that would add a somewhat interesting strategic decision: Do you do it to get another step closer to the reward, or do you need it to get to the 8.4Q that much faster?

RazorbackPirate

If you could skip tasks, that would add a somewhat interesting strategic decision: Do you do it to get another step closer to the reward, or do you need it to get to the 8.4Q that much faster?
How would skipping a task get you one step closer to the reward? It doesn't. It can't. If you need 25 completed tasks for the prize, complete 20 and skip 5, you're still at 20 with 5 more to go. There's also no point in finishing faster when you still need to wait for enough PoGs, to buy the chests in between cities and hire the managers to start the next one.

I'm still sitting in my 4th city waiting to collect the PoGs needed to move on. I had plenty of time to complete all 38 tasks, even the one's you say make no sense.

Having said that, for me, this has been, by far, the worst event Inno has ever produced.

BruteForceAttack

How would skipping a task get you one step closer to the reward? It doesn't. It can't. If you need 25 completed tasks for the prize, complete 20 and skip 5, you're still at 20 with 5 more to go. There's also no point in finishing faster when you still need to wait for enough PoGs, to buy the chests in between cities and hire the managers to start the next one.

I'm still sitting in my 4th city waiting to collect the PoGs needed to move on. I had plenty of time to complete all 38 tasks, even the one's you say make no sense.

Having said that, for me, this has been, by far, the worst event Inno has ever produced.

If we had option to skip tasks, we would skip multiple tasks that require POG and move on to next town as soon as we have required POG and shamrocks.

Abuse would be someone coming with steps to spend min POG to get to next town and not bother about opening chests either...just do some easy tasks collect 8.4Q next town..rinse repeat