• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2023 Feedback

Ebeondi Asi

I play Forge of Empires today, not 'at some point in a hard to visualize future" What they might or might not do, you can spend your life worrying. All for nothing.
I play Forge of Empires because it is fun. Some may be trying calculate ROI instead. ?? Not my problem. I spent money, got a lot of enjoyment for it.
All that worry.. Not for me Jeesh. LOL
(I may be dead tomorrow.?? Inno may pull the plug? So what. I can understand wantingt say what one thinks and hope to shape the game, but endless whining is not the answer.

Last edited:

Seth260

Waiting 6 months for a full event building. Well, it's not much different than waiting a year to get a full event building. Events are basically becoming more and more out of reach for FTP players. 1 wrong move is probably nothing, but it could be the premise for the downfall of the game in the future, including the reputation of your company, of course.

Dursland

Not much feedback before the event starts, should be some starting tomorrow.
Yeah it's exciting the last 24 hours before an event starts, the waiting and anticipation lol. I know I'll be up at 4:30am starting my towns!

Fixing to read mooingcat's guide on it and prep. Got my quest list ready and waiting, if anyone needs a copy.

Xenosaur

I can proceed to the next town for 1m shamrocks now? Wasn't way way higher in previous years?
that's for the NEW refreshing tutotial/sandbox, added this year to help warm people back into the event, or teach them the basics if they haven't played it before.

SO yes, I believe you can proceed, or it will do it for you, because 1 million is the "exit" number you need to achieve the start of the "real" portion of the event - that counts.

Xenosaur

we did talk extensively in beta about why a 1x1 tree needs a road, but look at what it's delivering, and it keeps with the game model that it's not a decoration, but a functional delivery building in a tiny space. :)

Dursland

Are the trees sell-able in AD? I unlocked them as soon as I got them but they aren't showing in AD inventory.

Dursland

I remember that. Will wait and see, thanks.

Props to @MooingCat for getting the third video up, they are extremely helpful. I find myself writing down exactly what to do step by step, much easier than trying to follow those spreadsheets.

At 29 tasks completed so far, so almost done with first town.

stymie of Suwannee

Both cities sitting at 35 tasks, certainly get 2 more, thin maybe on lvl 75 fireworks. Was optimistic last year and gave up. Doing the long walk, like previous years. Budgeting days & shamrocks and keep the plates spinning.

Dursland

Is anyone else missing their newsletter and bonus currency?

I filed a ticket about it because in Fall Event, I didn't have the option enabled to receive them and they were able to grant me my currency.

But now they are saying newsletters are RANDOM and they are unable to manually grant offers to players.

I replied back saying the second part is blatantly false, because of Fall Event. We'll see what they say now.

Pretty sure the first part is untrue too - newsletters are not random offers, they are newsletters sent out to every member on the mailing list - right?

UBERhelp1

Is anyone else missing their newsletter and bonus currency?

I filed a ticket about it because in Fall Event, I didn't have the option enabled to receive them and they were able to grant me my currency.

But now they are saying newsletters are RANDOM and they are unable to manually grant offers to players.

I replied back saying the second part is blatantly false, because of Fall Event. We'll see what they say now.

Pretty sure the first part is untrue too - newsletters are not random offers, they are newsletters sent out to every member on the mailing list - right?
Yep. They should be sent to everyone. If they're playing roulette with the extra currency that's just sad. I didn't get mine either yet.

Dursland

Yep. They should be sent to everyone. If they're playing roulette with the extra currency that's just sad. I didn't get mine either yet.
Others have gotten theirs so if you haven't then you should file a ticket. Everyone who didn't get extra currency should file a ticket because you're right, that is just wrong.

Dursland

Still waiting over 3 hours now for them to reply to my latest (third) message.

They are trying to tell me the newsletter is a "bonus offer" and that they are not capable of adding event currency to my account.

Totally bogus on both counts and I'm not letting them get away with it without my currency, or a satisfactory answer as to why I don't have it.

How do you get the discount on buying all six chests? I've completed the first city but I don't see any way to buy all 6 for the discounted price.
That's because the first chest is free. Once you open it, you'll see the discount.