• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Event 2021 questions and non feedback comments

McParty6216

Anyone else laugh and cringe at the irony that the level 5 completion reward for the St. Patty's Day tasks was a Druid temple? Saint Patrick was celebrated for driving the "snakes" (druid priests) out of Ireland. I know we celebrate it for leprechauns and green Guinness now, but even if you remove the religious aspect from Saint Patrick, one would find he had a significant influence on the culture of the Emerald Isle, for the positive, in my opinion.

Vger

I feel I made a lot of progress today. I’m working on tasks 36, 37, 38 and completed 25 quests.
Working on 36,37 and 38 at this point doesn't sound right to me. Not sure what time you started this AM. But I'm thinking you might have rushed upgrading buildings (which will make 37 a PITA), or you spent more on upgrading managers than needed, which will leave you short on free pots at the end.
This one is a marathon. You might be sprinting. Hope it works out, it's still early.

CommanderCool1234

Working on 36,37 and 38 at this point doesn't sound right to me. Not sure what time you started this AM. But I'm thinking you might have rushed upgrading buildings (which will make 37 a PITA), or you spent more on upgrading managers than needed, which will leave you short on free pots at the end.
This one is a marathon. You might be sprinting. Hope it works out, it's still early.
I am on task 36 and I only upgraded when the quests told me, I have spend 1,000 pots of gold and I am almost ready to finish my first city in 4 hours. This is what I did in beta and iy worked out for me.

Vger

I am on task 36 and I only upgraded when the quests told me, I have spend 1,000 pots of gold and I am almost ready to finish my first city in 4 hours. This is what I did in beta and iy worked out for me.
I'm sure you'll be fine. Starting with the surprise box gives you a bit of leeway to be sloppy that we didn't have last year.
But: prediction--there will be complaints from folks that did everything the tasks demanded and still came up short.

DeletedUser

I opened it first thing. I got a selection kit even when I didn't even HAVE a druid temple

Thank you for verifying this , it was all over FoE that you got a LvL1 if you didn't have one already. I didn't take any chances but it's good to see that Inno pre-empted a gazillion support tickets after the fact.

CaptainKirk1234

Thank you for verifying this , it was all over FoE that you got a LvL1 if you didn't have one already. I didn't take any chances but it's good to see that Inno pre-empted a gazillion support tickets after the fact.
Yes, I opened it too, same thing, I was getting so annoyed at the false rumors. Probably just 1 person in beta.

I'm about at the same point. What I did was to go to the wiki, see what levels each manager needed to be leveled to to complete the corresponding task, then leveled all my managers at the very beginning to the needed level before receiving the task to level them (skipped the one that needed level 4, but leveled that manager to level 3) . Currently my time skip is showing 10Q for 8 hours and festival and ship are both level 300.

The map game seems like an easily solvable problem. (By easy I mean straightforward with algebra. No random chances/statistics, or other higher maths.)

There are three main bottlenecks: Making goods, Transporting goods, Selling goods. Transporting and Selling are single variables each. Making goods is a sum of five Making variables. Each variable is controlled by two sub-variables: manager and shamrock. These variables are controlled by expending PotofGold and Shamrock.

That gives a total of fourteen variables/sub-variables. These change over time. I’m sure some can be simplified (hat making) and some change significantly over time (Making, Selling).

The whole process is then repeated with each Next Town.

I feel like there is a single ‘solution’ to this problem (and many less optimal solutions that work). The solution would be to get enough Next Towns to finish just as the event ends using the least PotofGold.

I’m not a maths guy so I’m no pro! Maybe someone else has already solved this?

Zatrikon

Anyone else laugh and cringe at the irony that the level 5 completion reward for the St. Patty's Day tasks was a Druid temple? Saint Patrick was celebrated for driving the "snakes" (druid priests) out of Ireland. I know we celebrate it for leprechauns and green Guinness now, but even if you remove the religious aspect from Saint Patrick, one would find he had a significant influence on the culture of the Emerald Isle, for the positive, in my opinion.
Yeah. Apparently, we have to avoid all references to religion - especially Christianity. That's why the Christmas event makes no mention of anything actually religious, and the character is Frosty the Snowman - Not even Santa Claus, let alone Jesus. And for an avatar, they give us a picture of Karl Marx in a Santa hat.

As I understand it, St. Patrick's Day is a big deal only in the US. Not even in Ireland. It's because around the beginning of the 20th century, there was a large influx of Irish immigrants. So St. Patrick's Day became an Irish heritage holiday. And it was fun, so it caught on.

Also, Task 17 in the second city is to Generate 5 Trillion drinks in your Drink Factory. That's about 600 drinks for every man, woman, and child in the entire world. If these drinks are to be consumed on St. Patrick's Day, everyone dies of alcohol poisoning. Just the alcohol content alone is about five gallons per person. Yes, I know this doesn't really have an effect on playing the game, but the numbers are just so ridiculous that it spoils the immersion for me. Would it have been that hard to adjust it so that the game is the same, but the numbers are more realistic?

driller v2.0

When i get near the end of tasks...around 33 or 34 i have just the option to upgrade managers which i don't want to do. Should i skip to the next down instead of upgrading a cupcake manager? is there a limit to the number of towns? i would rather save my gold pots and use them later if possible...i think...?

driller v2.0

There is no limit to the # of towns... The limiting factor is the gold pots... and time....
do you have a strategy on what is going to net out the best? i'm not super concerned with getting the small prizes, i really only care about the druid temple upgrades and forge points

Lord Pest

I'm about at the same point. What I did was to go to the wiki, see what levels each manager needed to be leveled to to complete the corresponding task, then leveled all my managers at the very beginning to the needed level before receiving the task to level them (skipped the one that needed level 4, but leveled that manager to level 3) . Currently my time skip is showing 10Q for 8 hours and festival and ship are both level 300.

I’m also at 10Q every 8 hours. Just waiting to complete my 38th task... getting the fireworks factory to level 75. It’s at level 51 now. Just wish I could see how many more shamrocks I need to complete that task.

Triopoly Champion

I’m also at 10Q every 8 hours. Just waiting to complete my 38th task... getting the fireworks factory to level 75. It’s at level 51 now. Just wish I could see how many more shamrocks I need to complete that task.
I would skip the task "Firework Factory to level 75" to save some time since

16x25=400 and 11x38=418
13x25=325 and 9x38=342

There will always be some leftovers for the milestone rewards.

I could finish my first town within 25 hours, of course to skip the final task -
Forge of Empires - St. Patrick's Day - 1st Town - 25 Hours Nonstop.jpg