• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stones show in my inventory, but not in the guild inventory

DeletedUser29933

came here searching to find out how we suddenly had 20 of each bronze age good in our treasury. Something changed. I know BA Obs and Arc gave IA goods and at one time there was no way to contribute bronze goods to treasury. After scrolling hundreds of pages of contribution history i was able to find manual contributions of BA goods from a BA player on the 11th of this month.BAtreasurycont.jpg

correction, not manual contribution. looked and verified they do in fact have the SoH built and explains the contributions. also verify present non participants gain rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

came here searching to find out how we suddenly had 20 of each bronze age good in our treasury. Something changed. I know BA Obs and Arc gave IA goods and at one time there was no way to contribute bronze goods to treasury. After scrolling hundreds of pages of contribution history i was able to find manual contributions of BA goods from a BA player on the 11th of this month.View attachment 15275

correction, not manual contribution. looked and verified they do in fact have the SoH built and explains the contributions. also verify present non participants gain rewards.
Okay, so my boss is saying this isn't possible, but it sure looks possible. :oops:
She says if you want them to investigate if this is legitimate or a bug to put in a ticket. If you do so, please let us know what they say.

DeletedUser29933

i'm hesitant to send it up. pointing out a non issue "bug" sometimes backfires.

DeletedUser

How would that be taking advantage of a bug? There is no way the guild can ever use those bronze age goods. It seems like the guild is hurting itself by not reporting the bug.
I was speaking in general terms of reporting bugs vs. taking advantage of them. Here is the game rule, just FYI for those who may not bother to read them (not meaning you, just generally):

7. Bugs
Each player is required to report serious errors immediately to the Forge of Empires Team. A player is not allowed to knowingly take advantage of bugs.

If you notice that a player is abusing a bug in the game you must report him.

If you notice a spelling error or typo, you are not obligated to report it, however you are encouraged to do so for the improvement of the game

DeletedUser29933

i'm very much in favor in adhering to the rules. I don't see a BA SOH contributing BA goods to treasury when its collected as a "serious error" since it is doing exactly what it is described to do in inno's description of it. also not seeing where it can be exploited for unfair advantage.

DeletedUser

i'm very much in favor in adhering to the rules. I don't see a BA SOH contributing BA goods to treasury when its collected as a "serious error" since it is doing exactly what it is described to do in inno's description of it. also not seeing where it can be exploited for unfair advantage.
How would that be taking advantage of a bug? There is no way the guild can ever use those bronze age goods.
After thinking about it for a few minutes, there is one way to take advantage of this bug that makes it a serious error. It stems from the fact that SOH Treasury goods donations count towards completing quests. That is undoubtedly an unintended consequence, and any player that is in Bronze Age with an SOH that fulfills such a quest because of this bug is taking advantage of it.

DeletedUser29933

I'm not sure what you are saying the "bug" is. that a bronze age player not participating in GbG got guild rewards and was able to build a SoH, that collecting it provides BA goods to treasury, or that collections from it satisfy contribution quests. All are aspects that have already been discussed as they apply to all other ages. If it is a bug, what part is doing what it shouldn't? If i pass this up as an error, what would i say is wrong?

Vger

That is undoubtedly an unintended consequence,
Not undoubtedly. I see no reason why that wouldn't be the intended consequence.
Like cptvkirk said, the building is working exactly as documented.

I'm sure INNO thought about this edge case. What choices did they have?
Don't donate any goods? That would be insanely unfair.
Don't let BA players build SOH? Also insanely unfair.
Convert the BA goods to IA goods? That I suppose is fair, but seems a bit unreasonable.
Some other solution I haven't thought of?

The problem with all of those ideas, beyond fairness, is that it becomes a special case. A BA SOH has to be handled differently than any other age.
Programmers hate special cases. More work. More room for bugs to sneak in.

So I'm thinking intended consequence, despite what you were told by your boss.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what you are saying the "bug" is. that a bronze age player not participating in GbG got guild rewards and was able to build a SoH, that collecting it provides BA goods to treasury, or that collections from it satisfy contribution quests. All are aspects that have already been discussed as they apply to all other ages. If it is a bug, what part is doing what it shouldn't? If i pass this up as an error, what would i say is wrong?
The combination of it donating Bronze goods with the fact that SOH donations count for quests. And I've reported it as a bug.
Not undoubtedly. I see no reason why that wouldn't be the intended consequence.
Like cptvkirk said, the building is working exactly as documented.

I'm sure INNO thought about this edge case. What choices did they have?
Don't donate any goods? That would be insanely unfair.
Don't let BA players build SOH? Also insanely unfair.
Convert the BA goods to IA goods? That I suppose is fair, but seems a bit unreasonable.
Some other solution I haven't thought of?

The problem with all of those ideas, beyond fairness, is that it becomes a special case. A BA SOH has to be handled differently than any other age.
Programmers hate special cases. More work. More room for bugs to sneak in.

So I'm thinking intended consequence, despite what you were told by your boss.
My boss doesn't believe it's happening, which is why I went ahead and reported it as a bug.

DeletedUser

If you think that is a bug, then what do you think the correct behavior should be?
Probably that it shouldn't produce Treasury goods unless it's Iron Age or higher.
It doesn't matter, it's not a bug. So a handful of BA goods fall into the treasury with no use. So what?
The problem I see is that those useless goods will probably count towards fulfilling quests. And they shouldn't.

Vger

Players should not receive guild GBG rewards unless they are able to participate.
Define "participate".

Suppose someone parks in BA for whatever reason. They build a bunch of blacksmiths and do as many RQs as they can every day. They will produce more BA goods than they need. So they take every trade that comes along from a guild mate in IA that is desperate for BA goods to negotiate GBG.

Is the BA player participating in GBG?