• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stop the Plundering INNO !!!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32439
  • Start date

Triopoly Champion

*bangs head on desk*
EACH WORLD IS DIFFERENT. YOU ARE COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES.
Regardless, in any world except maybe the last 4-5, 12M in OF is going to be bottom-of-the-hood territory. Middle at best for the late alphabet worlds.
You are talking about Qunrir, the Q world, I compare the M, P and S worlds which are very close in the alphabetic order.

If you want, I can create a Q world and gain instant access to the Global Ranking stats there. There are low-Arc OF players in every world, I recognize at least 10 of them across several worlds, their scores are mostly only like 15M to 16M, there's also 1 Arcless OF player named rllongs in Mount Killmore.

Even in Arvahall - the oldest world, the average score of OF players are around 40M - 45M, hundreds of them(around 400 total OF players), I enjoy to look more on the poorer guys because they are the wonderful candidates for daily plundering. I typically visited their cities at least 3-4 times everyday and got tons of goods and fps.

You said earlier those ranking numbers were just some useless numbers, perhaps you rarely attack and plunder other people.

I've been way excited to see some neighbors retaliated me and lost all 8 units, then a very nasty complaining message in the box.

Last edited:

Salsuero

how many buildings do i need to delete

None.

i spend MY time and ENERGY getting the santa set, and all that happenes is it get plundered, I spent the time and enerygy, for some derpo's to get the rewadrs

And other players spend their time and energy plundering you. Did you not know that was how this game worked when you started your town? Well you do now. Lesson learned.

NO...i'm not playing this game just to give away my stuff.

That's exactly how you're playing it, apparently.

so i deleted my santa set, i deleted my masquarade ball....bla bla bla.

That's why you're not good at this game. Impulsive and unintelligent actions lead you to the forums to complain, rather than coming here to ask for advice and becoming a stronger player.

Please take plundering out of the game. it makes me angry, and it makes others angry.
why should we play a game that makes us angry....i abuse players that plunder me, and soon i will get a ban from it, but i dont care.

Never going to happen. It's a core principle and getting angry over it is absolutely the saddest thing in this game. It's JUST A GAME. Learn how to play it better. You're currently the type of player that weeds himself out of the player pool. Be better at the game... that's the WHOLE POINT.

you make a game that makes ppl angry,what kind of derpos do that....INNO

You chose to play a game that makes you angry. What kind of "derpos" do that?

DeletedUser26965

So now we playing "haves" or "have nots" game?
Not sure what you mean. Look, I understand your position, you camped forever in an age so you can be at the top end of the hood, that's fine and is all you really have to say, no need for all this mischaracterizing my position on things. You can just be honest and say you like it the way it is and I'll just promote my view of how I think it should be and we can be happy in our own positions. No amount of you trolling me through mischaracterization is going to get me to change my view on it, you would have a much better chance at just being honest and arguing why you think it should be the way it is.

DeletedUser31882

I can't take credit for this....But it's not "Your Stuff" until you collect. Until then it's up for grabs.

Eh, it is their city and their buildings. Plundering is also referred to as pillaging/outlaw/sabotage, which has a definitive meaning of obtaining something that is not yours. Their stuff just hasn't been 'secured' yet, allowing a plunderer to grab it. It's their stuff, to say otherwise is dishonest or rationalization(guilt?).

To be fair, you used scare quotes, so that's probably what you meant. *Packs up his semantic workbench*

I would not support creating a separate world with no plundering - if they want to create a new game with no plundering, that's great.

After playing Elvenar for a bit, I have to promote, FoE is much better and I can see the greater appeal of city sim/care bear players wanting to play it at their own pace without pillage.

They had a no plunder FOE. They opted to put in plundering is my understanding (which caused a fair bit of upheaval or so I was told as it was before I came along).

Interesting. I wonder if FoE had neighborhoods in that era? Or if the implementation of hoods is when plundering was introduced? *shrugs* A good case of how knowing history can inform our present decisions. I assume most pro-plunderers are working on the assumption that plundering has always been and should always be.

I tried Elvenar. It's basically a carbon copy of FoE gameplay with a different skin and no PvP. There's no need to go down the rabbit hole of starting new worlds with different rules when there's a perfectly good alternative game already available.

A lot of games have multiple game modes for players to participate in different challenges. So, I'm calling out your 'ridiculous' argument as more ridiculous than people arguing for different game modes. 'When does it stop' you ask? When Inno stops making money. No need to quash the idea just because of populist bias.

To be fair, OP does open up the door for some ridiculous arguments. I just don't see the 'care bear server' idea deserving of being lumped in with the 'Ban all the pillaging!' crowd. Just need those care bears to write up a decent proposal.

Simply put:
You: they lose profits from players who don't like plundering
Me: they will lose profits from players who like plundering if this feature is removed

The profit issue is a stretch on either side with no concrete research other than your or my personal view. (someone else might have this information?)

Sounds like the miscommunication was resolved on this point, but it gave me an idea.

I don't think there is a real question in plundering disappearing from FoE. The important question is, will any plunderers quit if a few care bears retreat to a care bear server/world?

If the plunderer player threatens to quit, they are just as 'bad' as the players threatening to quit over 'no plundering' being implemented, from my point of view.

So I posit this question: Would you (All of you who plunder) quit if a Care Bear server was opened? Why or Why Not? What threat is there from a PvP free FoE world that players could join similar to the beta server?

Would anyone create a city on said server? Would it be the ultimate solution for us to direct the players who come to the forums to complain about plundering?

I would not quit. Plundering is a side-hustle for me, so even if all the 'easy' targets left, I'd still have fun attempting to crack the remaining players to grab their loot. Personally, I don't see any threat in creating a server that allows players to play pillage free. It could be an easy test case to see if it would benefit Inno to introduce other 'special challenge' servers.

I don't think I would create a city there, unless I was partaking in another challenge similar to the Smallville and Tiny Town one.

DeletedUser30900

Not sure what you mean. Look, I understand your position, you camped forever in an age so you can be at the top end of the hood, that's fine and is all you really have to say, no need for all this mischaracterizing my position on things. You can just be honest and say you like it the way it is and I'll just promote my view of how I think it should be and we can be happy in our own positions. No amount of you trolling me through mischaracterization is going to get me to change my view on it, you would have a much better chance at just being honest and arguing why you think it should be the way it is.
If you know Marxism a little bit better you would know what i meant, but just leave it, you are deep into it anyway. I never tried to make you change your view, it's like fighting Russians in the winter.

DeletedUser26965

Interesting. I wonder if FoE had neighborhoods in that era? Or if the implementation of hoods is when plundering was introduced?
That was in 2011/12 before the game went Live
"...but in later builds of the game, players will also be able to obtain rare resources or building blueprints this way, and steal coins or supplies from their defeated rivals."
https://blog.forgeofempires.com/?p=110
related link: https://blog.forgeofempires.com/?p=203
(side note: what they mean by "rare resources" are goods, never could figure out why they called them that)

Eh, it is their city and their buildings. Plundering is also referred to as pillaging/outlaw/sabotage
and stealing...

1111.gif

and evil, and bad...(emphasis added, from blog link above)
"Once the defenders have been defeated, one gets access to his neighbor’s city, and is allowed to perform an evil action, for example plundering resources. Especially evil is to plunder rare resources: If you have ever been in dire need of some copper, and then stole twenty or so from your neighbor, you know how good it feels to be bad :)"

Just a related side note, this stuff would have been interesting to have now, too bad it never made it(emphasis added);
"Another area that will receive changes very soon is multiplayer – cooperative as well as competitive. Very soon we will introduce friend’s lists and new social interactions, for example “repair” and “ravage”. With “repair”, a visiting player can repair a plundered building, restoring its full harvest. Using “ravage”, an attacker damages a decorative building. It loses its effect until it is repaired by the owner.

PvP will also receive some new, cool features. With live-battles, you can challenge other players on the battlefield, instead of fighting their AI-army. With guild battle maps, large groups of players will have to collaborate in order to conquer areas from other guilds and defeat them. We are planning to implement all features mentioned above within this year – and we are super exited[sic] to experience all those features with you. Are you as well?"
https://blog.forgeofempires.com/?p=662

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15539

If all you want to do is complain, you will always find something to complain about, whether in FOE or in real life. I find it much more productive to figure out how I can prosper within the context of the existing rules.

DeletedUser29623

If you know Marxism a little bit better you would know what i meant, but just leave it, you are deep into it anyway. I never tried to make you change your view, it's like fighting Russians in the winter.

I have a pretty good grasp of Marxism, and I can’t tell what the hell you’re trying to say.

I don’t plunder, or get plundered, and would happily play on a server where it was not an option, although I would not abandon my cities on existing servers to go there. Obviously, it can’t be banned from the main game, and you do have to wonder how much it would imbalance the existing game if all those defense GBs and structures became useless. I guess everything would be like the 0% Defense thread.

I did try out Elvenar, but it’s super twee and cutesy, an aesthetic that gets on my nerves like a crystal shop, so I bailed out on it.

DeletedUser26965

...care bears retreat to a care bear server/world?
Excuse me, but Care Bears never retreat

latest

The Care Bear Stare is an ability that most members of the Care Bear Family possess. The primary uses of this ability are to defeat the Care Bears' enemies and to heal people and objects that have been corrupted by them.
http://carebears.wikia.com/wiki/Care_Bear_Stare

DeletedUser30900

I have a pretty good grasp of Marxism, and I can’t tell what the hell you’re trying to say.

I don’t plunder, or get plundered, and would happily play on a server where it was not an option, although I would not abandon my cities on existing servers to go there. Obviously, it can’t be banned from the main game, and you do have to wonder how much it would imbalance the existing game if all those defense GBs and structures became useless. I guess everything would be like the 0% Defense thread.

I did try out Elvenar, but it’s super twee and cutesy, an aesthetic that gets on my nerves like a crystal shop, so I bailed out on it.
Proletarier aller Länder vereinigt Euch! :p

DeletedUser12620

I can go to every world, search "Global Ranking", Players, those listed on the 1st 10-12 pages are mostly OF players, add their points up, then divide by 100 or 120, it's their average score. Usually there are around 70 ~ 80 players per hood.

Only 4 players have 100M+ points in both Mount Killmore and Sinerania, 3 players over 100M in Parkog.

If the ranking scores are useless, then why have the numbers show to everyone?

The bottom of my Colonial neighborhood goes as low as 38,800+, I have 819,000+ points. Not every OF player has a huge level 70-90 Arc, so take that into account if you really want to calculate the average.

I have about 1 Million in CA on Z world shame on you

DeletedUser12620

You are talking about Qunrir, the Q world, I compare the M, P and S worlds which are very close in the alphabetic order.

If you want, I can create a Q world and gain instant access to the Global Ranking stats there. There are low-Arc OF players in every world, I recognize at least 10 of them across several worlds, their scores are mostly only like 15M to 16M, there's also 1 Arcless OF player named rllongs in Mount Killmore.

Even in Arvahall - the oldest world, the average score of OF players are around 40M - 45M, hundreds of them(around 400 total OF players), I enjoy to look more on the poorer guys because they are the wonderful candidates for daily plundering. I typically visited their cities at least 3-4 times everyday and got tons of goods and fps.

You said earlier those ranking numbers were just some useless numbers, perhaps you rarely attack and plunder other people.

I've been way excited to see some neighbors retaliated me and lost all 8 units, then a very nasty complaining message in the box.

Just stop lol

kandoo212

I would welcome a world with no plundering. I understand that it's part of the game, but that doesn't make it right. Low IQ players cannot grasp the concept that plundering is theft. That is too difficult a concept for their morally challenged minds to comprehend. "Thou shall not steal" (remember?) overrides even FoE rules.

Graviton

I understand that it's part of the game, but that doesn't make it right.

Well yeah, that does make it right.

Low IQ players cannot grasp the concept that plundering is theft. That is too difficult a concept for their morally challenged minds to comprehend. "Thou shall not steal" (remember?) overrides even FoE rules.

I'm sorry, I don't get it. You're saying what, now?