• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2023 Feedback

Ebeondi Asi

Some clarification is needed on the game rules regarding treasure maps: Do we still get one upon hitting Reveal, X2 or Shuffle, or is it just Shuffle now?

Last night on a board I hit all three of them in a row, but only got one treasure map. Thinking that it must have been a bug, I sent a ticket to tech support, and the reply was a bit of a surprise: “Only the Shuffle provides a treasure map prize.”

Now, the official post announcing the event clearly states: “Treasure Maps! You can get them on the following rewards: Shuffle, the x2 and the Reveal. You can easily identify them since there will be an additional Treasure Map icon on those rewards.” (See https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/summer-event-2023.45326/)

So, I asked tech support if there has been a rule change about this sometime during the event, and this time the answer is somewhat ambiguous: “It's possible. A lot changed in this event and not all the documentation was updated.”

Obviously this question needs to be settled by the voice of authority, which I hope remains present on the forum: Do we get a treasure upon hitting Reveal or X2, according to current game rules? I’m all confused. If you look at the game board, all three of those tiles still display the treasure map icon. In fact, after that conversation with tech support, I hit either Reveal or X2 on a subsequent board, and this time a treasure map was awarded. So, did I get one extra, or did I miss out on two that the system somehow withheld? I hope someone can shed some light on this.
The answers above are correct. When you have a full count on the Treasure map the extra ones won stop being added. If you look at a pre "start" game board, you can see the three items with scrolls still there on the board.
The game only allows adding up to the maximum spaces still open on the Treasure map
So as mentioned, you have to buy the Treasure Map to start over, or watch the additional chances be thrown away.

Aethelcatt VIII

You probably ran out of space to store Treasures. You have a max of 8 Treasures. If you run out of space then you have to buy the Treasures before you can get more

At a rate of 3 per board that means you're going to have less room than there are spaces for treasure if you consistently run into all three on each board.
I see...that makes sense. Well, darn, that's probably what happened. I thought the extra ones would be lined up and stored away for the next run, like the chips for the game board. Live and learn...

Thanks for the insight! Tech support certainly wasn't very helpful on this one. Somebody need to tell them that they have been spreading misinformation on the game rules. :-D

Dursland

Hope I don't regret not key-hunting when I swapped into reno kit as alternate special. There was a key on the board but I used my key pieces.

Only 4/4 key pieces left so I'll have to go key hunting in next couple days. RIP me if the daily special options are even worse.

You can either spend your whole life jumping through the hoops created by InnoGames, or you can give them your credit card number.

Fool Me Once: Shame on you

Fool Me Twice: Shame on me

Fool Me Three Times: I love Forge of Fragments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Isn't this Kool-Aid good?)

--E--

Why did you offer the Store Building as an event prize on Beta and then pull it from the event in Prod? Instead we can win a Knights Pavilion, or a Rogue Hideout Shrink kit instead? I'm really disappointed in how difficult you've made it to obtain the Store Building item. Are we expected to put time and money into buildings and then just delete them when newer event buildings come out that we've spent more time and money on? With Piazza and other set buildings losing their overall value (original design) and becoming replaceable, as well as the newer "rewards" design of new event buildings, now is a time to give players more opportunities to earn/win this item. Not less. Things like this make a big difference.

Zatrikon

The quest storyline is repeating itself! I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. I've seen the "storm at sea" sub-plot twice now, and now I'm getting the "rat stealing food" bit again. Is no one paying attention? Inno is loudly and clearly saying, "We're just phoning it in!"

Dursland

The quest storyline is repeating itself! I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. I've seen the "storm at sea" sub-plot twice now, and now I'm getting the "rat stealing food" bit again. Is no one paying attention? Inno is loudly and clearly saying, "We're just phoning it in!"
Interesting, I guess inno didn't think anybody actually read those? lol. I know I don't. I just want to click accept and get my booty!

Emberguard

I thought all events repeat the same text for the Daily Quests?

TBH, I would have spent a lot more diamonds in this event if I could dump a Treasure bar that loaded up with junk I don’t want. If these are going to be a regular feature, then there needs to be a mechanism to get rid of a pile of junk. Instead, I have to look at it for the next 10 days and I am definitely not spending 3000 diamonds for a couple hundred forge points and a Wishing well. if I could dump the bar and start over, I’d be FAR more inclined to try to build one more to my liking (spending diamonds in the process btw) and then drop the 3k to buy a better mix of rewards.

Pericles the Lion

The odds are horrible to get a Cartographers house and they want you to spend as much as possible trying to get one. I did an experiment and did every swap both sides to get a Carto , all filled with a single Carto at the beginning and none after. A full swap is about 1000 diamonds for each chosen item and Inno gives you a 99.4% chance of getting absolutely nothing for them but more junk.
If the 99.4% chance of getting "more junk" means only a 0.6% chance of getting a Cartographer then I think that you're wrong. I didn't make any Treasure selections on the first day of the event (meaning I missed the best opportunity to get Cartos before they nerfed the chance). Since then, I've spent diamonds to swap for Cartos when they appeared in the roster of available options. I didn't keep track of how many diamonds I spent but I don't think it was more than 1000. So far, I've bought three sets of Treasures, collected 5 Cartos, and have another Carto in the group of Treasures that I am working on now. So, I bought 24 Treasures, 5 of which were cartos. So far, for me, 20.8%, not 0.6%.

Just An Observer

35 Carts in my city. They were supereasy to get. The Summer event rewarded the smart whales very well indeed! Oh, add in 5 Bucs Bay and a 100% lock on the souped up 2x2 one-off.

Now to get those really good 2x2's from the next event!

Dursland

TBH, I would have spent a lot more diamonds in this event if I could dump a Treasure bar that loaded up with junk I don’t want. If these are going to be a regular feature, then there needs to be a mechanism to get rid of a pile of junk. Instead, I have to look at it for the next 10 days and I am definitely not spending 3000 diamonds for a couple hundred forge points and a Wishing well. if I could dump the bar and start over, I’d be FAR more inclined to try to build one more to my liking (spending diamonds in the process btw) and then drop the 3k to buy a better mix of rewards.
That's why you have the ability to swap treasures for diamonds.

Each time you get a treasure map, you can check the prize pool with the question mark to see what's available. A lot of times you'll have decent options like cartographer, trading post kit, or buccaneer's hideout - along with 100fp and 15 key fragments.

You spend diamonds swapping out the prizes until you get the one you want. That's really the only way to get a good map that's worth buying - aside from tremendous amounts of sheer luck.

And unfortunately a discard option would defeat inno's purpose of making money with this. I'd wager they have raked in quite a bit from unsuspecting players who didn't know what they were doing the first time around on treasure maps.

As for the odds, I got 12 cartographers in 3 sets of maps. Seems okay to me.

Zatrikon

Interesting, I guess inno didn't think anybody actually read those? lol. I know I don't. I just want to click accept and get my booty!
I usually don't either, because they use the same ones every year. I'll read them when they come out with a new event, though. But in this case, I just happened to notice it. Not only are they using the same story as in ALL previous years, but they're using the same story segments multiple times in the same year! I don't think they've done that before.

CDmark

IS there a strategy anyone is using for Trading posts?
Just some things I have on my mind, L9 gives the golden upgrade and keeping a selection kit or 2 in case I need a L1 TP?
I see the fragment and A/D differences, I seem to have a lot of Blue attack now and have plenty of Red A/D. I have Carts.
Ran some numbers, 100 day basis
1 cart = 30 L1, 240 ups, 30 Gold ups
L68 BG = 50 L1, 400 ups, 50 Gold ups
say you have 3 carts
1 L1 - 150 tot, 8 ups - 1200 tot, 1 Gold ups - 150 tot
So, looks like every 100 days, on average (3 carts and L68 BG), you get another Buccaneer Bay?
Just checking my math. I know Sharmon mentioned they did it right this time for the grand prizes, seems like they did it right for the Carts too.

Graviton

Inno has changed something for this event, I'm back to getting a fully-upgraded event building in all cities just by playing the regular game. I've already got all the upgrades and still going. Maybe they do listen once in awhile.

Robbie Ruggles

I want to voice my displeasure in Forge's decision to make the calendar portion of the game unwinnable by making the appearance of the Calendar keys random each day. The obvious goal is to have the player fall short and have to buy the missing pieces. I understand you're a revenue driven company. I usually pay the $15 for the extra prizes. I enjoy the game and do not mind supporting it. But making portions of the game unwinnable was a very poor decision. The least you could have done was to make obtaining the key fragments in the main board's daily challenge more attainable so that even if you did not get a key in the daily minigame, you at least had a chance otherwise. Poorly imagined. Very disappointed.