• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Temple of Relics Feedback

ITown

For its size, I have found it almost useless. Most weeks I get nothing from the first two levels (I can't go any higher), when I do get something, it's usually a drive-in sign. Only twice have I gotten a gold relic.
Do you do 48 encounters weekly? Even with a level 1 TOR you should be getting far more gold relics than that if you've been doing 48 GE encounters for months and have had TOR during that time.

DeletedUser26965

Do you do 48 encounters weekly?
It says right in the quote "I get nothing from the first two levels (I can't go any higher)" lol

Regardless 12% of 48 is 5.76 relics on average a week
73.75% of 5.76 is 4.24 Common Relics
25.25% of 5.76 is 1.45 Uncommon Relics
1% of 5.76 is 0.05 Rare Relics
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Temple_of_Relics

12% of 32 is 3.84 relics on average a week
73.75% of 3.84 is 2.83 Common Relics
25.25% of 3.84 is 0.96 Uncommon Relics
1% of 3.84 is 0.03 Rare Relics

12% of 16 is 1.92 relics on average a week
73.75% of 1.92 is 1.41 Common Relics
25.25% of 1.92 is 0.48 Uncommon Relics
1% of 1.92 is 0.01 Rare Relics

Then god knows what the weighted averages are for what's contained in the relics.

Just for fun a lvl 10 ToR with 64 encounters
16.25% of 64 is 10.4 relics on average a week
68.04% of 10.4 is 7.07 Common Relics
26.46% of 10.4 is 2.75 Uncommon Relics
1% of 10.4 is 0.57 Rare Relics

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26179

Well, my level 32 ToR (24.50% chance of relic) hit an all time low this week- ZERO relics on the entire 1st level of GE. ZERO!!! My total rate of return since erection is now at 90% of expected...and still declining. This is a sad day.

DeletedUser26179

Cool, so over the whole span, you found 208 relics, when you would expect to find 234. The expected standard deviation is about 15, so you are about 1.7 standard deviations low. The a priori chance to be off by that much or more is about 10%. So that is unlucky, but I wouldn't say by enough to conclude anything.

Slicing up the data into smaller pieces is tricky, because you tend to make the slices based on what you see, and that can produce significant deviations out of random noise. But in the last 10 weeks you got 90 from an expected 108, which is again 1.8 standard deviations low. Again I wouldn't draw any confident conclusions.

Besides the fairly weak deviations from expected, you also have the problem that you decided to post here based on the results you saw. If other people have done this and gotten the expected results or better, they probably didn't feel compelled to write about it. If you'd gotten error probabilities like 0.1%, I would still think there's something fishy going on, but at 10% I feel like it can easily be explained by bad luck and reporting bias.

Sorry to bother you with this...but my ToR just returned ZERO relics on the entire level 1 of GE. It is now at level 32 (24.50% chance of relic) and performing at only 90% of expected overall. I know there is some reporting bias here, but I really do think there is an issue with the Temple at higher levels.

DeletedUser8152

Sorry to bother you with this...but my ToR just returned ZERO relics on the entire level 1 of GE. It is now at level 32 (24.50% chance of relic) and performing at only 90% of expected overall. I know there is some reporting bias here, but I really do think there is an issue with the Temple at higher levels.
Well, if you want to prove it, start counting now (don't use the data so far this week that made you suspicious, otherwise you're stuck with reporting bias). Keep careful tabs for a month or so, and see if your results are truly inconsistent with the stated percentages.

DeletedUser13838

With a level 17 temple I have just 1 relic in 10 encounters so far but it was an sok so I'm not going to complain....this time.

DeletedUser26154

So I'm thinking this is gonna be one of my bad weeks...
Then on level 3 this happens...

nay.png

1 silver.png

g 1.png

Like I need more city defense.

working way to g 2.png

g 2.png

I think I'm done with G.E. for the week.

DeletedUser26154

I got bored then pushed myself to Contemporary Era.
Bought two packs of the Contemporary Era soldiers, then went to finish the rest of G.E.
Contemporary Era me v.s. Postmodern Era computer.

A fourth relic whispered to me...
Tiptoed up behind me, started rubbing my back.
Then slipped a Snickers bar into my pocket during a hug.

got a third gold on level 3.png

That's four idols on level 3.
A Silver and three Gold.

Those came in a span of five or six encounters.

DeletedUser26154

Garbage week.
Nothing to report.

From Relics:
Five military units.
Store Building.
Mass Motivation Kit.

Oh! A lot of Blueprints.

images.jpg

Only note-worthy trail chest prizes were 40 FP total and 75 Diamonds.

DeletedUser26154

Who here hasn't had this before.
Nice relic, all the way at the end, of level 3.

who here.png

Naturally.

DeletedUser26154

The Final Prize.

what wever.png

10 Rogues and 200 goods were the first two Gold Relics.
Third Gold Relic below.

third gold relic.png

I'm not a fan of the housing that also provides goods.
But a lot of players love them.

a4016d78beffa5d6ea662c4138e90476.png

I won three since they were introduced.

DeletedUser26154

Finished with G.E. this week.
Since Rugnir is my only city, I'm usually one to finish quick.

d1ccc068235673c3c762ada46806cfce.png

This week's haul from relics:
[Not bothering with screenshots]

4 Decos
40 Forge Points
2 Blueprints
10 Rogues
250 Current-era goods
And one Tribal Square.

I know... Not bad at all.

Considering it's free.

And 144,228 points towards the guild's progression.
And my Tower Points.

Yeah... ToR stinks... Go tear it down and replace it with a Goat Farm or something...

images (2).jpg

I'm just kidding.
I love it.

DeletedUser26154

As far as Relics go, I had Relics A-plenty.

Here's a list of my winnings.
14 Various Relics.
No Jades, Mostly Silver, a couple Gold.

2 Bp
2 Bp
1 Ritual Flame
1600 Medals
25 goods
Face of the Ancient
2 Bp
2 Bp
2 Bp
10 Rogues
20 Forge Points
20 Forge Points again.
2 Bp
Gate of the Sun god

So remove the Bps and this is what I won this week.

Two Decos, 25 Goods, 1,600 Medals, 10 Rogues, 40 Forge Points,

guild contribution.png

And this was my End Prize.

terrace farm.png delicious.pngterr farm inven.png

Delicious.

DeletedUser28897

I have a lvl 31 tor and get a wild amount of relics, and roughly 2 jade per week. I don't think I received diamonds in a relic though. Just as the arc is a game changer at the highest levels I think lvling the tor super high might make it one of the most powerful gbs in the game when you do all 64 encounters. It turns every week into a mini-event with the premium buildings.

I love the tribal squares/bazaars too. I run 0 goods buildings but have 11 which equals 55 goods/day + Seed Vault (40 good avg) + Dynamic (45/day) = 140 current age goods which ends up being enough to negotiate ge and complete the occasional tech before the good relics.