• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Temple of Relics might not be worth it

DeletedUser37344

I'm in the InA, at level 3 of the Temple of Relics, have progressed through levels 1 and 2 of the GE and am into level 3 of the GE but have yet to achieve any relic ... granted, the 13% chance of getting anything isn't all that great but it would seem that I'd earned at least 1 relic by this time.

OutlawDon

I'm in the InA, at level 3 of the Temple of Relics, have progressed through levels 1 and 2 of the GE and am into level 3 of the GE but have yet to achieve any relic ... granted, the 13% chance of getting anything isn't all that great but it would seem that I'd earned at least 1 relic by this time.
I've had two great rewards during Guild Expeditions from Relics, one was 100 FPs. I don't remember what the other was, but it was worth having.

WinnerGR

It is definitely worth having you just need to level it up a bit more .

Agent327

Can you name any GB with great results on level 3?

Super Catanian

Chateau is 100% boost at level 6. Any GB at level 3 is not yet worth the space it occupies.
There is only once exception to that rule, and that is the ToR. Mine is approaching level 10, and yet the chance to receive Relics has almost not changed. But since then, the rewards I've gotten have paid for my ToR and more, so there's that.

Captain Christian

There is only once exception to that rule, and that is the ToR. Mine is approaching level 10, and yet the chance to receive Relics has almost not changed. But since then, the rewards I've gotten have paid for my ToR and more, so there's that.
LoA Supply boost is definitely worth it, at least up to LMA, if not farther.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

What part of Level 3 didn't you catch? What does your approaching level 10 have to do with the value at level 3? While you all may love anemic GB performance, I don't.

Agent327

Chateau goes to 100% at 3 or 4 If I remember correctly

No you don't but nice try. Even if you were right, 100% would still be peanuts.

Great evidence. Because you were lucky everyone must be lucky. Makes you really doubt the school system.

Algona

Purely personal opinion here. Seems more like one of those personal choices this game is filled with.

I've been satisfied with a lvl 3 ToR in my experimental city for 2.5 years. Never bothered leveling it up, just left it there. Someone pushed it up to 4 last week.

Sure, Goods and FP Relics are sweet and all, but heck, I was debating tearing it down a while back. Then INNO dropped the AD, so I keep it around for more AD fodder.

Lvl 2 ToR in my newest (9 months) city. I'm in no hurry to level that either.

A couplle years back an apprentice told me he wanted to put a lot of effort into leveling ToR. We talked it over, seems that of all the Rewards he was most interested in the FP and Goods. We did the math, and when he looked at the cost of of increasing the ToR levels versus the increased chances of the FP and Goods Rewards he decided there were a lot better things to do with the FPs.

Note, I'm not saying that lvling a ToR is a bad thing, seems like a fine idea, just maybe not the best use for FPs at some points in the game.

I won't try to convince anyone else that a low level ToR is a fine addition to a city. Or that leveling up a ToR may not be the best option available.

Seems as useless as debating issues like HS and city defense structures and Victory Towers. Folk are gonna disagree, too many subjective factors.

RazorbackPirate

Purely personal opinion here. Seems more like one of those personal choices this game is filled with.

I've been satisfied with a lvl 3 ToR in my experimental city for 2.5 years. Never bothered leveling it up, just left it there. Someone pushed it up to 4 last week.

Sure, Goods and FP Relics are sweet and all, but heck, I was debating tearing it down a while back. Then INNO dropped the AD, so I keep it around for more AD fodder.

Lvl 2 ToR in my newest (9 months) city. I'm in no hurry to level that either.

A couplle years back an apprentice told me he wanted to put a lot of effort into leveling ToR. We talked it over, seems that of all the Rewards he was most interested in the FP and Goods. We did the math, and when he looked at the cost of of increasing the ToR levels versus the increased chances of the FP and Goods Rewards he decided there were a lot better things to do with the FPs.

Note, I'm not saying that lvling a ToR is a bad thing, seems like a fine idea, just maybe not the best use for FPs at some points in the game.

I won't try to convince anyone else that a low level ToR is a fine addition to a city. Or that leveling up a ToR may not be the best option available.

Seems as useless as debating issues like HS and city defense structures and Victory Towers. Folk are gonna disagree, too many subjective factors.
I agree. This is one of the many personal choices to make in the game.

My cities were 2 years old before I ever built ToR and the only reason I did so was the introduction of the AD. Having done the math, I didn't feel ToR was worth the space or FPs to level despite the fact that I finished GE IV weekly.

What it came down to was a limited supply of FPs to invest and putting them where I would get the most return for that investment. I much preferred to invest in GBs that were a sure bet, absolutely giving me something I needed every day. ToR is what I call a gambling GB. You invest in it hoping to maybe get something of value, while mostly getting crap. At least now we can sell the crap we get from ToR for items of value.

For that reason, ToR has been a great GB to own, but prior to the AD, I just couldn't justify the space or the FPs for something that mostly produced junk that would sit unused, in my inventory. Now, the more junk better. The occasional goods, rogues, and FPs are nice too, but I built it for more junk to sell in the AD.