• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The End of the Fair Trade System.

DeletedUser11427

Outside guild trades only would be great.

1:2 / 1:1 / 2:1 ratio is the only formula one should use in trading.

Trying to change it because you say it costs more to produce is utterly ridiculous. You easily gain coins/supplies when you age up and upgrade your buildings.

People just invented this so they could weasel their way into better trades.
Trade policies are set by each guild. BUT, an outside guild trade button would be a great addition to the game

DeletedUser26965

You have no more right to dictate the trade terms than the players who mandate the fair trade system. Guilds and players can determine how they want to trade accordingly. I'm in 3 guilds - 1 is 'fair trade', one is 'free market" as we have literally no rules over trading and the 3rd came up with a trade ratio of 1.5 past colonial age. Which one is right? All of them. :D

If you don't like a system don't use it. Guilds can determine their own rules and you can always start or find a guild that has the rules you want to utilize.
guilds must end all trade policies NAO!

Ylisaveta

I only care about trading as means to an end: getting the goods I need, or helping a guildmate get the goods they need. Every guild I'm a member of uses the 2:1/1:1/1:2, and I like it because it's simple. Trade calculators are more work than I want to put into it.

DeletedUser20367

All that's important is that the members of a Guild are satisfied with that Guild's trade rules. If I don't agree with them then I won't join that Guild.

DeletedUser26154

All that's important is that the members of a Guild are satisfied with that Guild's trade rules.

No one seems to care about guild rules.
The guild I'm in is supposedly Fair Trade.
Less than half follow Fair Trade Guidelines.
My guild leader mentioned it's a Fair Trade guild multiple times.

images (3).jpg

No one listens because: Market dictates reality, not a guild leader's voice.

Mustapha00

First off, if someone posts a trade and then someone takes that trade, isn't that a tacit admission that it was, at least to the individuals involved, a "fair trade"?

I think Andari has made the most on point comment so far when he says that, at least for those who are members of a Guild which has a stated trade policy, those are really the only trade rules that matter. Four of the five Guilds in which I am a member are so-called "fair trade" Guilds, meaning that they require the 2:1/1:1/1:2 trade ratios except under certain circumstances (and the individual who posts these so-called "unfair trades" is generally required to state why they are doing so). I have known Guild leaders to kick people who would not follow trade rules, which is, in my opinion, entirely appropriate. If you are unwilling to follow the rules, don't join: there are plenty of Guilds on each server.

I think the best solution is one mentioned above: an "Only Non-Guild" Trade button to go along with the "Guild Only" Trade button. Assuming that the Guild has no stated explicit rules on what they allow as non-guild trade ratios, there should be no limits on said ratios.

DeletedUser26154

First off, if someone posts a trade and then someone takes that trade, isn't that a tacit admission that it was, at least to the individuals involved, a "fair trade"?

Yes.

If you are unwilling to follow the rules, don't join: there are plenty of Guilds on each server.

Yes.

think the best solution is one mentioned above: an "Only Non-Guild" Trade button to go along with the "Guild Only" Trade button.

images.jpg

Yes.

DeletedUser26120

If people offered trades in the same ratios that they took them there actually wouldn't be much of a problem.

But as I've stated people just take advantage of the system in their favor. That's why the trade rules are more important and why people emphasize upon them.

It would be great if we were an utopian society where the greater good superseded individual concerns but that's not the reality, which is why we have rules and laws.

DeletedUser26965

If people offered trades in the same ratios that they took them there actually wouldn't be much of a problem.

But as I've stated people just take advantage of the system in their favor. That's why the trade rules are more important and why people emphasize upon them.

It would be great if we were an utopian society where the greater good superseded individual concerns but that's not the reality, which is why we have rules and laws.
Oh good grief lol, just stop imposing what you think is fair on your fellow guildmates, they have minds of their own and can decide for themselves what they think is fair or in their favor or advantageous to them or not or whatever other hot button term you want to throw at free trade.

DeletedUser

I've insisted on a fair trade standard (as defined by individual guild leadership) in every guild where I've been in leadership. When you're in a medium to large guild, there can be pages and pages of just guild trades. If you're going through trying to fill trades for fellow guild members, you shouldn't have to check every single one to make sure they aren't taking advantage of you. This problem would be solved if there were a way to see only trades that have been designated as "guild trades". Lacking that, it is only fair to guildmates to only post fair trades unless pre-arranged and the guild is notified.

DeletedUser26154

There's a lot of strong, deep, heart-felt opinions here.
And everyone is right, from their respective points of view.
The only solution to this is.

sw2.jpg

Free Trade For All.

DeletedUser

The core issue to me with guild trading is trust. I enforce "fair" trade standards whenever I am in guild leadership because members should be able to trust that their guildmates aren't trying to take advantage of them. I have kicked people out of guilds without a qualm when they refused to abide by them. There's always a guild out there for them, just not mine. :D