• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The End of the Fair Trade System.

DeletedUser

Perhaps you should trust your fellow guildmates can make that decision on their own;) I know I don't like it when others make decisions for me.:)
That can work in small guilds with few trades, but not in large guilds with page after page of trades. That's when an unscrupulous member can slip in their unfair trades hoping someone won't check the ratio. I'd rather lose that one player and let everyone else rest easy that when they take a guildmate's trade, it is a fair one. People that don't want anyone dictating their play should find/found a guild that fits what they want to do. I don't want to be forced to fight in or donate to GvG, so I avoid guilds that require that. Same principle.

DeletedUser11463

The 1/2, 1/1, 2/1 works until about modern age. Then anyone posting 2:1 down will get their trades taken almost immediately and those trading 1:2 up watch their trades sit there. In fact in guilds I've been in, people post that they've laid out a bunch of "needed" fair trades and if they are 1:2 up, they still sit there. You can talk all day long about what is "fair" but the only fair trade is one that someone see's as fair and takes. It's just like real life selling website. People put a bunch of stuff on the internet at outrageous prices and it just stays there until the time limit runs out. You may think your childhood "jack-in-the-box" is worth $10,000 and you can put it up for that price, but if everyone else thinks it is worth $5, you won't sell it.

DeletedUser26965

That can work in small guilds with few trades, but not in large guilds with page after page of trades. That's when an unscrupulous member can slip in their unfair trades hoping someone won't check the ratio. I'd rather lose that one player and let everyone else rest easy that when they take a guildmate's trade, it is a fair one. People that don't want anyone dictating their play should find/found a guild that fits what they want to do. I don't want to be forced to fight in or donate to GvG, so I avoid guilds that require that. Same principle.
Only problem is it's becoming too commonplace for guilds to place trade standards, I say let's end that arbitrary practice altogether and simply let people trade, I'm sure your fellow guildmates are smart enough to figure out for themselves what they think a good deal is or not, we don't need to treat them as children.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Only problem is it's becoming too commonplace for guilds to place trade standards, I say let's end that arbitrary practice altogether and simply let people trade, I'm sure your fellow guildmates are smart enough to figure out for themselves what they think a good deal is or not, we don't need to treat them as children.
Trade standards are nothing new. I've been playing over 2 years, and almost every single guild I've been in has had them. Nobody's hurting anybody with them. If you don't like them, don't join a guild that has them. Simple solution. And if you think most players can figure out what a "fair" trade is, you haven't been paying attention to messaging, chat or this Forum. I find that over half of the players in this game need to be led by the hand like little children, and if they're in my guild, I will do all I can to protect their interests, even from greedy guildmates. You all are acting like there are some mandatory trade standards that you are being forced to follow. It ain't the case.

DeletedUser26965

Trade standards are nothing new. I've been playing over 2 years, and almost every single guild I've been in has had them.
Yes, I know, that's exactly my point. We must end this.
Nobody's hurting anybody with them.
I disagree, they're forming an unnatural market for no other real reason than simplicity and ease of use.
If you don't like them, don't join a guild that has them. Simple solution.
The old love it or leave it argument. Unfortunately point one counters it.
And if you think most players can figure out what a "fair" trade is, you haven't been paying attention to messaging, chat or this Forum. I find that over half of the players in this game need to be led by the hand like little children, and if they're in my guild,
I have no idea how many of the FoE playerbase can figure what a "fair" trade is but I'm quite certain if they feel it is then who am I to say otherwise.
I will do all I can to protect their interests, even from greedy guildmates.
So why not simply inform them of what you think is a fair or unfair trade rather than trying to control everyone elses market? You must realize a guild makes up the minority of many players markets, why should this minority control what a player does with the majority of his market?
You all are acting like there are some mandatory trade standards that you are being forced to follow. It ain't the case.
There is, for most of the guilds on FoE like you say, crowding out us FREEDOM FIGHTERS!:D

DeletedUser

I actually think most people post whatever they want, and I've certainly posted some "unfair" trades in my time. Always favoring the other player, because I needed certain goods at the time. And I don't really pay that much attention to the trade market in the guilds I'm leading now, because they're small, tight-knit groups that can be trusted to look out for each other. I have, however, been in larger guilds where there are players that post tremendously unfair (in their favor) trades, banking on the fact that others won't take the time to inspect them, due to the pages and pages of trades in that guild.

As far as finding a guild that follows your playing style, do what I did, found your own. I detest GvG, and most guilds will pursue it to some degree. So I founded my own guilds and made my own rules about GvG. Nobody is forced to join my guilds, but if they do, they follow my rules or move along.

Resipsa2

This is a fine discussion, but just to be clear it isn't really suitable for a proposal because it's not addressing anything about the game mechanics :)

As for the sentiment, I have no truck with trade rules myself. But I also have no objection to a guild setting whatever rules they want for intra-guild trades. I wish (and we've already requested) that the game let you mark trades as out-of-guild in order to avoid conflict.
what he said

DeletedUser29685

Pretty much read my mind
Because it works.

We're told to do it starting in Iron Age, then all of a sudden you want to give me only 75 luxury materials for 50 semiconductors?? Or whatever the so called "fair trade" rate is. It's garbage.

2:1 / 1:1 / 1:2 ratio works through all ages and anybody who abandons it is almost always only making trades in THEIR favor. They certainly don't offer 50 semiconductors and let it go for 75 luxury materials. But they'll definitely ask for 50 semiconductors and offer 75 luxury. Totally bogus.

The cost to produce luxury materials and cost to produce semiconductors follows the same scale. It's not like semiconductors suddenly got nearly twice as expensive to make (again, a few thousand coins/supplies doesn't really count).

DeletedUser29218

This is a fine discussion, but just to be clear it isn't really suitable for a proposal because it's not addressing anything about the game mechanics :)

As for the sentiment, I have no truck with trade rules myself. But I also have no objection to a guild setting whatever rules they want for intra-guild trades. I wish (and we've already requested) that the game let you mark trades as out-of-guild in order to avoid conflict.

How did this go?

DeletedUser28967

Trade policies are set by each guild. BUT, an outside guild trade button would be a great addition to the game
What if the “Fair Trade” button on the mobile was actually consistent with the Fair trade calculator and not the absurd 2:1 across the Ages? Then you have parity, and when you change that you’re doing so wi5h a specific purpose. I’m guessing this has already been said

Triopoly Champion

1:2 / 1:1 / 2:1 ratio is the only formula one should use in trading.
Agree, I have always accepted the offers from my guild members such as their 40 silk for my 80 alabaster.

I didn't offer to them, they offered to me, so it's 100% fair to them because it's their wills. So wonderful Inno developers disallowed 1:4, 4:1 when trading across 2 ages, so I can collect granite, alabaster, brick, basalt, brass, porcelain, tar, coke, fertilizer in large quantities thank to my Rain Forest Project.