• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Watchfire Controversy

DeletedUser26120

Best use of watchfires ever:

GdoRQv7.jpg

DeletedUser26154

Good attackers can break defense boosts of 200% or more (sometimes a lot more)

Myth.

Watchfires don't provide much of anything

Old-Wive's Tale.

even your 500 isnt safe

Something mothers tell their children for bed-time stories.

Keeping mine. Top guy in hood who is rival guild member attacked twice. Lost 8 first, 2 second and retreated. Has not attacked since.

loot 2.jpg

Sacred Truth.

qaccy

lol armin, see even your 500 isnt safe. That's freaking 880%+ that got broken.

In oceanic future.

Yes, with massive boosts and using armored units + rogues in a favorable type matchup (crabs have a unit bonus against eels), 5 units were still lost. I'd say that person's defense is pretty formidable to the other 99% of active players who don't have attacking armies boosted over 200% in both stats. But that's just my opinion!

DeletedUser8152

Yes, with massive boosts and using armored units + rogues in a favorable type matchup (crabs have a unit bonus against eels), 5 units were still lost. I'd say that person's defense is pretty formidable to the other 99% of active players who don't have attacking armies boosted over 200% in both stats. But that's just my opinion!
While I agree, I don't think the crab vs eel bonus is very relevant when the boost numbers are as high as in that battle. Since the bonus values don't get boosted themselves, eventually they are dwarfed by the boosted base values.

The main thing there is that we know LLQ has a fairly good attack bonus :)

DeletedUser

The grammar police would like to remind you that watch fire is not one word.
Definition of watch fire: a fire lighted as a signal or for the use of a guard
Special thanks to Merriam Webster.

DeletedUser23452

Great post. Since INNO balanced the hoods Watchfires (WF) and Ritualfames (RF) are MUCH less important. I have plenty of defense and no longer add WFs or RFs. Already have 24% boost in storage. I am in Future Era and rarely get attacked. If an active PvP attacker moves into my hood, I try to collect and attack his city until he stops or the hood changes. The Tavern defense and shield have really changed the game and since space is a BIGer issue that defense I plan to gradually store my WF & RF just in case...

DeletedUser

Great post. Since INNO balanced the hoods Watchfires (WF) and Ritualfames (RF) are MUCH less important. I have plenty of defense and no longer add WFs or RFs. Already have 24% boost in storage. I am in Future Era and rarely get attacked. If an active PvP attacker moves into my hood, I try to collect and attack his city until he stops or the hood changes. The Tavern defense and shield have really changed the game and since space is a BIGer issue that defense I plan to gradually store my WF & RF just in case...
I would argue that the change to neighborhood balance has actually made the Watchfires and Ritual Flames MORE important. After all, they are little use against troops from several ages above yours, but a great deterrent against same-age troops when compared to neighbors that don't have them. If you and I were in the same neighborhood, and I had 250+ defense boost, while you had less than 50, who do you think is more likely to be attacked?

DeletedUser27023

Maybe we should begin with whether the change in neighborhoods has reduced attacks. For me, most definitely. There is much less disparity and hence, less bullying. The number of attacks are down so the value of my Watchfires/Ritual Flames is called into question. For me it's just that simple.

DeletedUser

Neighborhood is now watch fire friendly. Even playing field. I would argue watch fires and monastery more important than ever before
Exactly! Back when a Late Middle Ages player could end up being attacked by multiple Future Era players (it happened to me, two different hood changes), Watchfires were useless against that. In fact, anything was useless against that. Now, when the worst case would usually be one age difference, Watchfires, Ritual Flames, the Monastery, Deal Castle and St Basil's are all an integral part of stopping your neighbors from making you the neighborhood one-stop-shop.

DeletedUser26120

Now, when the worst case would usually be one age difference, Watchfires, Ritual Flames, the Monastery, Deal Castle and St Basil's are all an integral part of stopping your neighbors from making you the neighborhood one-stop-shop.
The few high def members in my hood don't deter me at all, I just go after them with attached rogues.

The #1 thing that stops me in my tracks is active players - can't plunder them. There are about 4 in my hood that I can never catch despite checking every 25 min.

Gotta say I'm loving zen zones and queens. The goods add up for sure and the fps are always awesome.