• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thieves & Burgerlars

• Thread starter DeletedUser43117
  • Start date

DeletedUser43117

I have a thief stealing my bread and other stuff.
How do I stop him?

I am so lost in this game. Not to mention it is way too expensive. It’s cheaper to play PC games.

Glaun

The answer to your question has been answered in this forum. As has how to play this game. I think this game, if it is to be enjoyed, has to be studied. It is easy to get lost at first. So read the instructions, google your questions, find your answers. If that is not for you, move on to an easier game to understand. Welcome to FoE, hope you stay.

DeletedUser28147

I have a thief stealing my bread and other stuff.
How do I stop him?

I am so lost in this game. Not to mention it is way too expensive. It’s cheaper to play PC games.
You stop that player by collecting on time, set a timer on your phone if you need to. That is the best way. It can also help to set a good defending army although most people here will tell you it's useless. Depending on the person attacking it could potentially scare them off if you set a good enough defending army.
As has been stated, this game can be played without ever spending a single dollar, it's slightly slower and more difficult that way but it can be done. Keep in mind Forge of Empires is considered a strategy game and there are numerous guides and threads here on the forums that can be very useful depending on your strategy. I have been playing for 2 years, not including forum activity and I still sometimes have problems depending on how I play.

DeletedUser43117

How can a game which costs nothing to play (unless you choose spend your cash on it) be expensive? Oh, and this is a PC game (even if it can also be played on mobile).

Hummmm to truly get things done you need diamonds. Diamonds are ridiculously expensive. Last time I played call of duty I bought it once and never had to pay anything AT ALL after that. So Forge of Empires does cost money to play.

DeletedUser8428

Hummmm to truly get things done you need diamonds. Diamonds are ridiculously expensive. Last time I played call of duty I bought it once and never had to pay anything AT ALL after that. So Forge of Empires does cost money to play.
Incorrect. To move through this game ("get things done") as fast as you want it to happen costs diamonds. But playing this game does not.

Algona

Hummmm to truly get things done you need diamonds.

That's just not true. Every aspect of the game can be played and players can and do play and compete at the highest levels of the game without ever spending money. .

Diamonds speed up the game.

As you are discovering, this is a complex game requiring understanding a lot of subtle interrelationships.

You can't buy that understanding with Diamonds, only experience.

Until you acquire that knowledge, you will be playing with a much worse handicap then an experienced freeroller playing without Diamonds.

However, if you want to learn the game and how to spend your cash wisely, I highly recommend asking for help to learn the game instead of throwing in your wallet and the towel.

Last edited:

time4coffee

As for defense, have you actually set up a defense army?l am in LMA and only attack if needed by a quest but even still, I am always surprised by the number of neighbors have absolutely no army, just the 2 default spear throwers.

And some hoods are better than others but they change every 2 weeks and everyone is in the same age. I've been really lucky until the last group I had, the top 5 ranking players all had notices that they plunder. I was glad to see that change today.

Emberguard

There's nothing in this game that requires you to buy diamonds. You could go throughout the entire game without even touching the free diamonds if you really wanted.

upload_2019-11-5_19-11-9.png

The icon I've pasted here is from desktop. On mobile if you click on a unit in your army management screen you should see a similar symbol. Clicking on it is how you assign a unit to defence. This will help in defending your city. Won't stop all of them, but it'll help

DeletedUser38613

As for defense, have you actually set up a defense army?l am in LMA and only attack if needed by a quest but even still, I am always surprised by the number of neighbors have absolutely no army, just the 2 default spear throwers.

And some hoods are better than others but they change every 2 weeks and everyone is in the same age. I've been really lucky until the last group I had, the top 5 ranking players all had notices that they plunder. I was glad to see that change today.
they had notices? in what way?

DeletedUser38613

has anyone tried using the city wall from the tavern store?

DeletedUser

they had notices? in what way?
Probably on their profile. You can put a message in your profile in-game by going into your Town Hall and selecting the Profile tab. You can also change your avatar there.
has anyone tried using the city wall from the tavern store?
I have used it on a couple of occasions. It works just like it is supposed to. You are immune from attack while it is up. (Note that if someone attacked you in the time before you put it up, they can still plunder you once as a result of that attack for 24 hours after their successful attack. Then they can't plunder you again unless they wait and attack again after the shield is down.)

- KQ -

(Note that if someone attacked you in the time before you put it up, they can still plunder you once as a result of that attack for 24 hours after their successful attack. Then they can't plunder you again unless they wait and attack again after the shield is down.)

Has the ability to plunder been changed. I had an instance where I won the battle and while I was searching for something worthwhile to plunder I received a notification that the city had a city shield. This occurred maybe a bit over a year ago

DeletedUser

Has the ability to plunder been changed. I had an instance where I won the battle and while I was searching for something worthwhile to plunder I received a notification that the city had a city shield. This occurred maybe a bit over a year ago
I don't know that it has been changed. I know that players have come to the Forum and complained about being plundered after putting up the City Shield. I can only assume that this is because the plunder is still viable after a successful attack despite the CS. Maybe someone has a neighbor that will cooperate in a test of this?