• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

UNFAIR PRACTICE - DEVS NEED TO FIX THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

where is your data, mine is simple. some players get 2x the amount of chances at an auction item than the other half.....there is mine...what else do i need ?

before u write a 900 word thesis, remember the thread title, UNFAIR PRACTICE.....and just say yes, its a bit unfair, hopefully the testing gets it right.
This is where you're thesis and thread title are wrong. The only data you have is that there are some players who got 2 hour auctions and some players got 4 hour timers. All of the rest of your suppositions of unfairness, that somehow with the same breakdown timers and values that those who have a 2 hour auction have an advantage, while those who have 4 hour times are at a disadvantage. While you have evidence that some players can potentially see more auctions per day, but there is zero evidence that those players with 2 hour auctions are acquiring (winning) auction buildings at a faster rate.

Emberguard

where is your data, mine is simple. some players get 2x the amount of chances at an auction item than the other half.....there is mine...what else do i need ?

before u write a 900 word thesis, remember the thread title, UNFAIR PRACTICE.....and just say yes, its a bit unfair, hopefully the testing gets it right.

Auctions are based on when the player logs on. For most players the only real difference will be the last 30 seconds bidding and whether the timeframe is suited to their timetable. You're telling me a 2 hr timer would be an advantage over 4 hrs. That's assuming two things
(1) that it better suits a players timetable
- most jobs have shifts longer then 2 hrs. Some aren't even legally allowed to dismiss you from the shift prior to a full 2 hrs by which point the auction is already over
- if you're not going to be there when it ends you're only going to win if you put your max price early on. That gives other players a chance to outbid you
(2) that if you had a 2 hr auction timeframe you're going to be online for more auctions then you currently are on 4 hr auctions.

So sure maybe 2 hrs would be better for some, but it could also potentially lock out others from being able to win anything without losing most of their coin stock. Just like how in GvG some players love the 24 hr reset time because it fits them like a glove but others can't even access reset because it's at 3-5am in their timezone depending on daylight savings.

DeletedUser28147

Once the testing is done there will only be 1 out of the 2 left.
This is what your theory boils down to: Someone who has 4 hour times with a bunch of spare items is going to make less and win less than someone with 2 hour times who has little to no spare items for whatever reason.
Which makes no sense because of basic math.
And that's not even including the fact that the 2 different timers are separated, 2 with 2 and 4 with 4.
Again: Still In Testing so get over it.
Also: Everything that Emberguard said.

Agent327

you look stupid, how do you think one gets to that high of an attack boost, by following a strategy. apologies, i have a 642% attack right now, and yes, 10/7% from rotundas and marbles will take me to 700%. would like to do it in half the time though. no need for u to comment in here again, ur a GE mobile player. goodnight.

Ah, strategy. That makes sense. Not like a 14 y/o can come up with it.

DeletedUser40990

u guys are throwing in a variable that has nothing to do with the fairness of an auction....PERSONAL TIME!!!! who said anything about your 9-5 and your state legal breaks???? simple math .... 2hr auctions means more chances at specific items. sure no one can win every auction, nor do u want to... but if i get one item 2x more than you do, its called an ADVANTAGE!!!

Lannister the Rich

u guys are throwing in a variable that has nothing to do with the fairness of an auction....PERSONAL TIME!!!! who said anything about your 9-5 and your state legal breaks???? simple math .... 2hr auctions means more chances at specific items. sure no one can win every auction, nor do u want to... but if i get one item 2x more than you do, its called an ADVANTAGE!!!
Simple math does not turn the world. It’s the variables

OkiePride

If you have 700% attack, you have to be a moron to think that a 10% extra will make any difference. If you have 150% even on a 2 hour auction you can not win enough buildings to make it really effective.

Just some advise. The moment you start insulting others in an argument, you only make yourself look really stupid.

Here is some advice, spell correctly. You should also refrain from insulting people in a DISCUSSION, this isn't an argument. It makes one look really stupid.

Lannister the Rich

what is the reason of even posting this?
Because you were using simple math to justify your case. But there’s more to this topic, the game, and life than simple math. What does it matter if someone is in the 2 hour group if they don’t get on the game (due to life things) but once a day?

DeletedUser40990

Because you were using simple math to justify your case. But there’s more to this topic, the game, and life than simple math. What does it matter if someone is in the 2 hour group if they don’t get on the game (due to life things) but once a day?

what if the sky was purple? what if your aunt had balls? inno made 2 and 4 hr log ins for the poor people who have a life and cant log in but once a day? interesting, maybe one of those variables u talk about is money, and people who have it can buy diamonds. should inno not let someone buy diamonds because poor lannister cant log on but once a day?

Lannister the Rich

what if the sky was purple? what if your aunt had balls? inno made 2 and 4 hr log ins for the poor people who have a life and cant log in but once a day? interesting, maybe one of those variables u talk about is money, and people who have it can buy diamonds. should inno not let someone buy diamonds because poor lannister cant log on but once a day?
What if you asked questions that had anything to do with what anyone was saying? If the sky were always purple, we wouldn’t think anything about it. If my aunt had balls, she’d go bowling. You’re just accusing Inno of something you have no proof of. What does the rate of logging in have to do with the ability to purchase diamonds? Why don’t you start buying diamonds? Cheap as $2.

DeletedUser40990

What if you asked questions that had anything to do with what anyone was saying? If the sky were always purple, we wouldn’t think anything about it. If my aunt had balls, she’d go bowling. You’re just accusing Inno of something you have no proof of. What does the rate of logging in have to do with the ability to purchase diamonds? Why don’t you start buying diamonds? Cheap as $2.

what world do you play in? id love to look you up and see your game experience. i voiced a concern, posted a SIMPLE explanation, and you have replied 2x with hooplah that has nothing to do with the topic. this is an internet game, sorry if RL issues get in the way. has no bearing on a test run they are running. it would be nice if you just go back to the weather chat and talk about GBS that create lightning and thunder.

OkiePride

What if you asked questions that had anything to do with what anyone was saying? If the sky were always purple, we wouldn’t think anything about it. If my aunt had balls, she’d go bowling. You’re just accusing Inno of something you have no proof of. What does the rate of logging in have to do with the ability to purchase diamonds? Why don’t you start buying diamonds? Cheap as $2.[/QUOT

tumblr_m6pgocKjGi1qlvxsdo1_50056.gif

Algona

Mr. Algona , what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Completely agreed. Except one thing, please don;t call me Mr. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever you should listen to me.

But you should be looking for and listening to the smart people who do post here a lot. I'm not saying any one person is always right, but collectively?

They are a lot more knowledgable then you or anyone who isnt reading arguing, discussing yelling or whatever here on a daily basis.

Dump on me all you want, I'm used to being praised with the faint damns of the forum n00bs. Don't worry, you'll figure out the quote thing and the edit thing some day, Your not stupid, just mistaknely arrogant in your belief that because you are good at the game you are good in the frnums.

Much as I enjoy talking about me or discussing your shortcomings, the actual topic is whether or not there is amy measurable unfairness in INNO's current split into 2 and 4 hour auction times.

CallMeGold has this odd notion that a player who is in the union of all the following subsets: a GvG player and who has enough Inventory to sell, and who can be significancantly affected by small gains in attack boost, and has 2 hour auctions, and sees a significant percentage of attack boosts offered up and wins those auctions and is up against people outside this subset has an unfair advantage.

Got an opinion on that? Or the idea put forward by the OP? Or I guess you can live up to all the stereotypes of a forum n00b like CallMeGold has.

Status
Not open for further replies.