• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Valentine's Day Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser15294

Thats what it said at the beginning. You do not have to have the correct answer to be a random winner.

DeletedUser8861

We are striving for participation...so even if someone doesn't have the right entry...they still have a chance to win...(we even have one day where almost every one who plays will win!)

DeletedUser9681

Almost everyone, and how do you think the few that don't win ( I am assuming I will be one of those) will feel. This is not a very good or fair thing. Only the lucky will win the rest of us are wasting our time. First come first serve is not right. What about the people that work nights, they have no chance, the correct entry last night was 10:02, this is not fair to anyone.

DeletedUser2145

There will be ample opportunity for all players to partake and win in contests. Since this is hosted by the moderating team and the hosting has to also work for the staff, it's simply impossible to please everyone. We can't alternate the posting time to accommodate all players since we ourselves are volunteers here and our own time is limited.

As far as "almost everyone who plays will win" it's meant as in everyone who actually answers correctly. Let's wait and see the actual tasks before basing opinions on them please. Thank you for your feedback. :)

DeletedUser9681

There will be ample opportunity for all players to partake and win in contests. Since this is hosted by the moderating team and the hosting has to also work for the staff, it's simply impossible to please everyone. We can't alternate the posting time to accommodate all players since we ourselves are volunteers here and our own time is limited.

As far as "almost everyone who plays will win" it's meant as in everyone who actually answers correctly. Let's wait and see the actual tasks before basing opinions on them please.

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Thanks for your reply. Thanks for the contest, thanks for taking the time to do this.

DeletedUser1862

Not wishing to appear too much of a sore loser, given that Sir-Ohios answer was 'endless love' I assume you don't even have to get the answer right to be a random winner?

I would have thought you'd do the random pick from the correct entries?
It was posted in the rules that the answer didn't have to be the right one, that's why my first entry I made just to get my name in there despite knowing that I had the wrong 'answer'.

DeletedUser15835

Not only is it unfair to those working, but those that have to go to bed early to go o work early in the morning.
The ODDS are against everyone. Unfair odds. What's the point in playing this. Really generous prizes too. lol

DeletedUser2145

The point is to have fun while playing the game, and in the meantime earn some minor prizes. This is not an ingame event, it's a simple forum contest (of which there will be many). The prizes are minor because the work is even less than minor. We can't really give out diamond packages for answering simple trivia questions. :)

DeletedUser15855

I appreciate the contest and also the fact that a random incorrect answer will win. That's a good move. However, first correct answer is a bad move because as has been noted, it will always favor players in a particular timezone. I'd think a better solution is 1 random winner from CORRECT entries and 1 random winner from ALL entries might be more fair. That's just my opinion though.

DeletedUser16306

This is ment to be helpful, not criticize: waiting a full 24 hours before selecting winners would include everybody who wanted to play

DeletedUser2145

The contest has been approved as it is and is obviously already running, so we can't make any changes. But all helpful feedback and ideas will be taken into consideration for future contests. Thank you all. :)

DeletedUser15717

WooHoo More chances to win l was first places loser LOL anyway have fun and thanks for putting this on and I will keep playing you never know I could be picked and win :) super happy player

DeletedUser14653

People need to stop complaining about everything. Life does not owe you fairness, you owe the world your best effort. Fair is where you ride ferris wheels and eat cotton candy, and even there you need money to get in.
If you are too busy making real money to be first to answer, you still have a chance to win a 'random' prize, so be happy that you have a job and stop whining over the equivalent of a couple day's treasure hunt in rewards. Be glad someone is offering your ungrateful behind anything more than a swift kick in the pants! This is EXTRA CREDIT, a bonus, not something owed to you. You want better prizes, then wait for the Official Valentine's event - hopefully there will be a quest for acting like a baby so you can finally win a prize!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, if there's only one prize for correct answer, why do like 90% of people put the same thing? You can't know which person/movie/etc. they are eluding to for sure, so why not try something different than the last 50 people?

DeletedUser5628

I must be missing something here. We were expecting to see a Valentine Quest start yesterday. There are no Icons on our screens showing this contest. So how do our members participate each day....Now we are at day two, and no one has seen any information on this event????

DeletedUser10566

I know there cant be any changes due to pre-approval. Though, could it be possible. Considering the volume of entries. That a request be submitted to Inno - That prizes be given separately for each world? The only change would be that each world is considered separately, rather them being all summed together. This would allow for a reasonable amount of players to experience a real daily opportunity of reward from each event.

With only one random winner out of 600+ entries. Then one speed post winner at time of new contest listing. Odds of winning for everyone become next to none. I realize this sleight change would be a little more work, but it would be so worth it.

DeletedUser2145

This is not an Inno contest, the whole thing is planned and hosted by the moderating team here. As much as we'd love to provide rewards for different worlds, we don't have the staff to do separate entries per world. Currently there are just 3 forum moderators and two of them also do ingame work, it's not humanly possible for us to do this. I hope that's at least understandable.

Those that do not get a prize now shouldn't be discouraged as we have other ideas planned and you'll have additional opportunities to win prizes in the future.

zeibal

Hey moderators - Thanks for running this contest. Any new activity is another chance to have fun and be challenged. The chance to win a prize makes it that much sweeter. And considering input for future events is always appreciated.

DeletedUser10574

i mistakenly started on US servers - and i live in the UK.... so for the 'first answer' i would have to be up at 4 or 5 am... what do i think?
i think its great as just a bit of fun, and knowing i cant win the first prize (on these first two days at least) doesn't bother me, it just encourages me to try to think of a 'possible' answer that no-one else has said - even if i know its wrong, and i STILL have a chance to win a prize
i say well done for the work, i appreciate the time, and only hope we have some obscure Final Fantasy references somewhere along the way :D
keep up the good work
Z

Status
Not open for further replies.