• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Very Large Army in the Daily Challenge

Volodya

The "Very Large Army" daily task is really just a way for Inno to tell you they can bend you over at any time they wish. It can be beat, but only if you've spent a stupid amount of time on Zeus, CDM, etc. It isn't meant to be a challenge, it's meant to give long term players a perk without allowing newer players the same.
Why shouldn't long term players have an edge over newer ones? In what endeavor isn't that the case?

Algona

It isn't meant to be a challenge, it's meant to give long term players a perk without allowing newer players the same.

If you can't beat a DC fight, you moved up in Era too soon.

How new are we talking?

First time I encountered one in my latest startup.

I don't expect a new player to beat one the first time they run into one, that;s part of the fun of being new. I do expect that player to learn how to do so soonest.

you're lying. Or spending TONS of money to win at a game..

Wrong, wrong, wrong. 800 fights and half million RP means you opinion on what good players can achieve in game is meaningless.

You won't listen but instead of accusing players of lying, maybe ask them how they did it.

a way for Inno to tell you they can bend you over at any time

Terrific, another paranoid poster. Why on earth would you put any time into a game that you feel will do this to you?

Just because you suck at the game doesn't mean INNO is screwing players or that all players are as bad as you.

It just means you're playing the wrong game.

WiseOdin

If you can't beat a DC fight, you moved up in Era too soon.
Actually, I'm still in iron age. I haven't moved up in era too soon.
Strike one

Why on earth would you put any time into a game that you feel will do this to you? {...}
It just means you're playing the wrong game.
Telling players to quit the game is most definitively against the rules of the forum. You may want to follow the rules around here, or the staff might have to step in against you.
Just because you suck at the game
Flaming, trollish comments, strike three. Your only place is on the internet where you can hide behind a keyboard while rolling money into a game to feel good about yourself. I've literally got no time for your kind.

Algona

I'm still in iron age

18 months in IA and you can't beat that fight?

Telling players to quit the game is most definitively against the rules of the forum.

Oooh, I feel special. not just against the rules, not even definitely against the rules. but 'most definitely against the rules'.

Mind quoiting that forum rule?

I didn't tell you to quit, I said you're playing the wrong game.

You wanna keep playing? You like being 'bent over', by the game producer, enjoy being bad at the game, relish your current situation, then keep on doing what you do.

Flaming, trollish comments, strike three. Your only place is on the internet where you can hide behind a keyboard while rolling money into a game to feel good about yourself. I've literally got no time for your kind.

And yet you replied. I'd feel honored that you 'literally' took the time, but like the rest of your posts in this thread, it's just more confused backbiting.

Saying that INNO is trying to 'bend you over' isn't flaming? Calling a player a liar isn't trolling from behind a keyboard?

I don't see how saying the truth, that you suck, is flaming. You demonstrated you suck with the state of your city despite a year and a half of camping culminating in you not being able to win a fight.

WiseOdin

18 months in IA and you can't beat that fight?
I haven't been playing 18 months. I haven't had an account 18 months. I've only been playing for just over six months. That being said, I've been around long enough to see useless when I see you.

Algona

haven't been playing 18 months

My mistake, I misread the date. 6 months. Yeah, I can see how that changes everything.

After all, you've only had 6 months to learn how to win that fight.

Of course that means you have even less experience to judge what is possible in this game.

That being said,

I've literally got no time for your kind.

As I said, backbiting confusion. Well, actually it was confused backbiting.

Hey you forgot the forum rule quote. can you please post it? I don't wanna break the rules.

RazorbackPirate

Well it seems you want to argue more than you want advice so...

Strike 1
Strike 2 and
Strike 3

If you refuse to figure out the game and are too dumb to ask for advice from the most experienced and knowledgeable players, the ones you're trying to put down here on the forum, you might as well quit the game. Until you can get past the greatness that is you, you'll never learn. I couldn't care less one way or the other, quit, don't quit, figure it out, don't figure it out, get over yourself or not. I couldn't care less.

Emberguard

I’ve easily managed to beat Large Army on a brand new city. It just requires work to set up your Zeus and get enough silver for the tavern boost. Normal units are all you need to beat it.

Whether or not I could beat Very Large Army on a brand new city would depend on a few different factors such as whether I’m utilising 1.9 to get that Zeus up even further and what’s available in the current event. I usually auto battle so not that good at manual fighting. Events usually have special units available such as rogues and colour guards either as unattached or buildings. That can swing the result heavily in your favour.

DevaCat

It's called Daily Challenge not daily gimme. If you only have 800 fights done and can't do it, clearly you don't know how or haven't gotten your GBs up enough, or both. Want a little cheese with that whine, Odin?

As for DC Very Large Army fight being a "perc" for those big bad long term high level players, you are kidding, right? Those people are in battlegrounds where their time is better spent, not in DC for some little reward.

DeletedUser41089

When I opened this forum I was hoping to see the definition of “very large army.” Alas, I did not. I haven’t been playing all that long ,but I play for hours every day, unless it’s just not physically possible. I consider myself a pretty lame player. I advanced fast, used diamonds to cover my faults and never had goods to use in, say, negotiations. Then I lucked into a truly great guild. Nearly as soon as I joined I got advice, and one on one training from the most experienced players. I kept my units up to date and as numerous as possible. I learned some patience. Now I’m actually having fun, and making friends. And whenever I see “very large army “ in the DCs I look at it, see that the number of units is no greater than mine and usually it doesn’t seem all that much harder to win. But I also study the opponent, and if the skill percentages are not in my favor I may give it a go, but usually not because I don’t want to waste any units on a DC. If the opposition has more modern units, I know I’m moving through the ages and eras too fast and I slow down. Usually works. Sorry for being long-winded. My first post to the fora.

The Lady Redneck

Welcome to the Forums Stephanos. Same thing happened to me. Wasn't it a great feeling after you joined your guild and the light came on that showed the scope of this game? As for the Forums, they are a learning experience all on their own LOL. You can get a lot of good ideas, here. enjoy some banter and "debates". Express opinions, help others, and even grumble at the grumblers. You can even win stuff in the competitions :cool:

Super Catanian

Look up when you can start doing DC's.
Even though I am a seasoned fighter in this game, there is no way I could barely unlock DCs and be able to defeat the Very Large Army. If you say the trick is to keep boosting up your Zeus, then that city is no longer brand new, is it? That city has already been around for a while.

Algona

Even though I am a seasoned fighter in this game, there is no way I could barely unlock DCs and be able to defeat the Very Large Army. If you say the trick is to keep boosting up your Zeus, then that city is no longer brand new, is it? That city has already been around for a while.

What is brand new?

First time I Glarged I came out of BA in 2 weeks with a lvl 5 Zeus. Two weeks later when I started GE I had added CoA for a 24% boost. that was pre DC. Could I have beaten an IA VLA? Nope. Two reasons While I am still an awful fighter, I was a lot worse then. Happily times have changed.

Heard about the old time battling men.
They'd fight GvG again and again,
"Zeus and CdM", they said, "could make the enemy dead."
But I'd rather be watching paint dry instead.

Times have changed for players these days.
When I'm in game I get what I need;
not TTs or BBs or another VT
but that attack boost spamming I need for GE.

SBs are paradise!
So many to choose from sure is nice.
Worth ever damn bit of sacrifice.
Im just in attack SB paradise!

With apologies to J Buffet.

Flash forward to last year. Started another Glargish city. 6 weeks later I was battling into GE lvl 4, the home of VLAs.

Is six weeks a brand new city?

Sure, I'm an experienced player. I don't expect the average new player to do such. But I expect them to try instead of cry.

And it can be done.

Over the last year all 3 of my new player apprentices have accomplished much the same, completing their first Events and getting deep into GE within weeks of starting.

All it takes is good attitude, willingness to ask for help, and effort.

Agent327

How new do you want my city to be? His city has been around for six months. Six months and still in IA. That means he either is a very bad camper, or even worse a very bad player. He can't do it and lays the blame with Inno. It just is impossible that he sucks at the game or fighting.

The large and very large armies are nearly impossible to beat without rogues or attacking army boosts. I would make sure you get a Zeus, CoA, CdM and a Traz. Make sure you have a Zeus before you advance to EMA. Make sure you have a CoA and a minimum of a 30% attack and defense boost for your attacking armies before advancing to LMA. Make sure you have a CdM and a minimum of a 50% attack and defense boost for your attacking armies before advancing to CA (though there is no need to). Do not go further than CA without a Traz and a couple of Rogue Hideouts or a 100% attack and defense boost. Rogue Hideouts and Traz BPs are your priority after you have your three fighting GBs (after getting each of the fighting GBs to 5 or higher). Rogue Hideouts do require diamonds to unlock the last 3 slots, but you can easily farm those diamonds by going GE in other worlds if you don't want to pay real money.

DevaCat

The large and very large armies are nearly impossible to beat without rogues or attacking army boosts. I would make sure you get a Zeus, CoA, CdM and a Traz. Make sure you have a Zeus before you advance to EMA. Make sure you have a CoA and a minimum of a 30% attack and defense boost for your attacking armies before advancing to LMA. Make sure you have a CdM and a minimum of a 50% attack and defense boost for your attacking armies before advancing to CA (though there is no need to). Do not go further than CA without a Traz and a couple of Rogue Hideouts or a 100% attack and defense boost. Rogue Hideouts and Traz BPs are your priority after you have your three fighting GBs (after getting each of the fighting GBs to 5 or higher). Rogue Hideouts do require diamonds to unlock the last 3 slots, but you can easily farm those diamonds by going GE in other worlds if you don't want to pay real money.
Getting advice from people who have been at this a while, like @xivarmy would be more profitable than reading the above. From what I recall of advice I've gleaned from knowledgable players:

Get Zeus, CoA and CdM while in Iron Age and start leveling.

A minimum boost of 30% moving into my LMA hoods would make you plunder bait. Boost of 50% in CA would get you eaten alive.

If/when to build Traz depends on play style. Some do quite well using units gained from GE. If you go full out fighting mode and go autobattle then Traz makes sense. With a Traz, multiple RHs aren't necessary, and why would you spend diamonds on opening slots when your Traz will churn them out day after day? If you are burning thru rogues fast enough to require more slots then level the Traz and fight smarter.