• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Weak Great Buildings need to be upgraded

Kranyar the Mysterious

Yeah, right, do you even see the completed sprite? Guess not ;)
For any enthusiasm quests you should use Roads (build trails then latest roads on top - quest completed)
Just store an event building like OT after collecting, then plop it right back down. Done in 20 seconds for almost free.

Last edited:

Lancer

I don't know what @Ebeondi Asi uses for population, but most of my cities where I don't have those two (or Habitat, God forbid) I get plenty of pop from event/special buildings. Not to mention the fact that without a ton of production or goods buildings or barracks, there isn't really a need for a lot of pop. And I have excess population in every city except my SAM city, which is pretty much a failed city that I can't seem to let go of. Probably because it's the one I've had the longest out of those I now have.
Yesh I have atleast 30,000 population without inno tower, ToB, Habitat, or any other GBs that are greatly used for population.

Lancer

Same. Inno Tower was amazing in Iron Age for that reason. There's definitely a point at the very beginning where a city would benefit from Inno purely for freeing up space, and then a point where it's outlived that particular purpose (*cough* event building powercreep *cough*) and is purely for Forge Points if you retain it.

You'd have to be going through the Research tree at a steady pace, or just not consistently completing and updating the age of your event buildings for Innovation Tower to be a major benefit for population later down the track. Nothing wrong with using it for population if that's what a player needs, it's just a lot more unlikely to be needed later in the game for population under the current game balance.
That was very well put @Emberguard, my thoughts exactly!

GoodyRocksU

There are many ways to play this game. Appearances, collecting things, optimization for attack/goods production, etc. I don't believe changing GBs for specific play styles is a great idea. If you find that certain things are lacking (not enough GBs that produce FP or with combat +%) I would present that feedback and see how it is taken into account by the dev team. I believe each GB is well designed for each era they are placed in.

Ebeondi Asi

I had another thought if a good Great Building. One that is a multiplier of Attack Boost and attack army Defense boost. One GB Goods required,and one GB building, but the attack and defense boost are leveled up separately inside it!
So say you have 950A% and your multiplier from the GB at level 11 is 6% the boost would become 1007% !!
The secondary best be Forge Points..
This GB would be pretty fair and low level players have small boosts. high have big boosts..

Emberguard

I had another thought if a good Great Building. One that is a multiplier of Attack Boost and attack army Defense boost. One GB Goods required,and one GB building, but the attack and defense boost are leveled up separately inside it!
So say you have 950A% and your multiplier from the GB at level 11 is 6% the boost would become 1007% !!
The secondary best be Forge Points..
This GB would be pretty fair and low level players have small boosts. high have big boosts..
Sounds like the Arctic Orangery, just instead of 1.5% to damage output you’re applying it to the actual boost

..Boudica..

True, but they are quite common. Even in my newest city in Carthage I've got almost 50 already, in my established cities it's many hundreds, and that's after using them as needed without a second thought.
Yikes. Did you write the algorithm yourself? Bc I'd love to see the work on that. Many hundreds sounds like my kind of bank.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Yikes. Did you write the algorithm yourself? Bc I'd love to see the work on that. Many hundreds sounds like my kind of bank.
I'm sure there are plenty of players with way more. There are so many sources to get them from anymore. My cities are advanced, but certainly nothing extraordinary.

Remember folks, Figure out what fits your CITY PLAN. I see some very questionable ideas being presented in this thread by Inno Staff. Its personal opinion. Only YOU can know whats best for you. Discussions with others in your guild and even with other players. There are quite a few old timers in this thread whom I respect for their opinions myself. However some of the things being presented as "best" do not fit my city plan. A lot of things also depend on what age your city is, whats good for a lower age might get tossed out by the time one gets to VF/SaM, and visa-versa. Some of us have been at this game a long long time, it has evolved a TON in the last 2-4 years. back when I started GBs to level 10 max and there were few of them that were junk. (lets face it, Colo and Notre Dame have always been junk :p ). Now you can skip many completely because of OP event buildings, but when you add or skip CAN make a huge difference.

/rant

Emberguard

@Sgt. Bothari an excellent point regarding city plan and the game evolution over the last 2-4 years. Could probably come up with a argument against every Great Building one way or another.

Even Alcatraz potentially falls into that category now of “you could consider skipping it”. Happiness in the amounts Alca’ provides used to be a big deal: not anymore ‘cause every Event has both Happiness and Population. Units also used to be a big deal: now you have Royal Bathhouse, Governor’s Villa, Emissaries and if you’re able to do attrition free Guild Battlegrounds that’ll also give a decent troop output. GvG would chew through units like crazy if you’re doing defending armies, but the announcement when GBG was being designed reckoned only 5% of players even do GvG, so that’s not going to be relevant for most players.

Arc’s probably the safest in regards to outpacing or keeping up with powecreep (probably because it causes powercreep in its right).

P C C

I'm sure there are plenty of players with way more. There are so many sources to get them from anymore. My cities are advanced, but certainly nothing extraordinary.
I've never even had close to 100 store building, let alone hundreds. I have 38 in AF after 3+ years and I buy them in AD when I see them, though maybe I started that relatively recently. My guess is that another difference may be in the choice of Daily Challenge, always choosing the DC that includes it as a possible prize vs sometimes prioritizing FP or other rewards though even that doesn't seem like enough to me

Ebeondi Asi

Most Store Building I have ever had is 60 or so. I have ground them down to zero more than once. and suffered for a longtime dut to so foolishly letting them get to zero. So for me, Store Building kit is not to be used casually.
What I do have in the hundreds to thousands are troop types I never set a barracks for.. picked up in GE and GbG.

wolfhoundtoo

I have 66 right now but I've used them a fair bit over the years. If you aren't using them very often you'll acquire quite a few depending on how often you pick it up from the various sources these days.

I’m sitting on 245 stor buildings, however I just aged up and will sooon be revamping my city so I will prob use more than a few of them. Tons of them from DC and GE, and events.