• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What's up with the change in terrain? Why give us a change in scenery?

CherryButterfly

Yes, no complaint. I appreciate the effort to change things around sometimes, to give you a little something to look at. I also, somewhere, said Thanks for the nice looks of the Spring Event Buildings, love the Cherry trees, they add a nice look to a busy city! Always need time and place to stop and smell the flowers!

I like the new terrain, but I have noticed a marked reduction in the number of incidents in and around my city. I consulted with my guild members and they had noticed the same thing. One person said that he only got one incident all day today. Has anyone else noticed this?

DeletedUser

I like the new terrain, but I have noticed a marked reduction in the number of incidents in and around my city. I consulted with my guild members and they had noticed the same thing. One person said that he only got one incident all day today. Has anyone else noticed this?
Nope. I'm still getting roughly the same amount of Incidents as usual.

RazorbackPirate

I have a tool that show incidents, when they will spawn, and when they'll disappear. The number of incidents has been consistent both before and after the terrain change.

DevaCat

Lol, wicked.

I like trees, a little yellowish maybe but no complaints. The art department is probably locked up like we are, going nuts like we are, and little stuff like this is keeping them employed. Fine with me:)

Bellamere

OMG just more graphics and "pretty" backgrounds! It does not do a single thing to improve game play and I am sure will need 3 or 4 updates to correct the screw ups from the change! Can't INNO ever, ever do something just for the players and to improve the game mechanics? I will probably never see it!

Sorry I know you posted this a while ago but what exactly do you refer to with:
"I am sure will need 3 or 4 updates to correct the screw ups from the change!"

DevaCat

Sorry I know you posted this a while ago but what exactly do you refer to with:
Not to answer for him, but my experience has been massive lag, freezes, crashes, and apparently corrupted files. I experience this just before an "update", and often for days after one has taken place. I suspect the advertised "compatible" devices and OSes are becoming not so compatible, at least for the less-than-bleeding edge setups.

Bellamere

Not to answer for him, but my experience has been massive lag, freezes, crashes, and apparently corrupted files. I experience this just before an "update", and often for days after one has taken place. I suspect the advertised "compatible" devices and OSes are becoming not so compatible, at least for the less-than-bleeding edge setups.
So I assume that's on mobile. Is it every time after patches and if so does it get better as well?

I did see they changed my tribal square and GotSG, but overall it looks much better in my opinion. The only slightly hard to find incident now is the kite in the tree when they put it in with other trees.

BadBad33

I like the look of the upgrade. It's definitely more vivid.
Only thing I've noticed: It's effectively cropped out the top right beach. This beach was often a location for a shipwreck.
I like to be able to zoom out more also... Helps me think being able to see everything at once.

As for Incidents - I find them unreliable at best(I understand that's the point of them). I play often and find them often.
Sometimes I can never find any at all... No matter how much I play
Especially when I need them, that's when there few & far between... I often get a random quest to find incidents right after I've collected them...
That's when it's fun waiting another day or two for them to refresh....
Every once and a while It'll work out perfectly - crossing my fingers