• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Which Great Buildings to delete?

jaymoney23456

Wildlife gold building very much puts Cape on the chopping block.

Exact same dimensions, 80fp production, 150 goods, plus 100/100% red boost. Any cape level 79 or less is instantly outperformed on fps and you could argue the goods + boost are worth more than any additional fps you could get out of cape.
doesn't really matter lol since you can only have 1 of them

UP ONLINE

I am completely out of space in my city again. Although I have some things I can get rid of, I'm thinking it's time to start trimming back on my Great Buildings. I'm currently collecting almost 2k FP a day so I think I'm ok there. These are the GBs I'm thinking to destroy:

Inno Tower - Lvl 100
Cape Canaveral - Lvl 96
Hagia Sophia - Lvl 57
Temple of Relics - Lvl 32
Blue Galaxy - Lvl 10
Galata Tower - Lvl 17
Virgo Project - Lvl 12
Flying Island - Lvl 12

I think I've made up my mind to get rid of all but the first two because they are such a high level. Any reasons to keep the others? I know BG gives me a chance double production but it's only level 10 and recently I've been ignoring it anyway and just hitting the 5 diamond collect.
Is it me or Do I not see your AGE remember to do lots of continent maps Get a Level 80 ARC so you can get Expanctions for your CITY plus use Diamonds to expand also And if you did that UP your AGE

Ebeondi Asi

For me (now) the primary reason to keep and use level 91 Blue Galaxy is to double up on desirable building fragments. And double Titan Goods.
I double up to get more Phantom Towers, Buccs and Sunhaven,
Sadly I did not get the ability to make Aegeans.

jaymoney23456

For me (now) the primary reason to keep and use level 91 Blue Galaxy is to double up on desirable building fragments. And double Titan Goods.
I double up to get more Phantom Towers, Buccs and Sunhaven,
Sadly I did not get the ability to make Aegeans.
Just using the BG to get more goods and FP is well worth it for many players. Obviously getting more good fragments of newer stuff is nice but after a while is not needed. If your a high age player you should keep something like BG and cape since even if you managed to stack a couple hundred % attack in place of it it gives many players maybe 1-2 more attrition in GbG-you won't really even notice that

85gt

I am completely out of space in my city again. Although I have some things I can get rid of, I'm thinking it's time to start trimming back on my Great Buildings. I'm currently collecting almost 2k FP a day so I think I'm ok there. These are the GBs I'm thinking to destroy:

Inno Tower - Lvl 100 delete
Cape Canaveral - Lvl 96 worth it for awhile
Hagia Sophia - Lvl 57 delete
Temple of Relics - Lvl 32 can go or stay
Blue Galaxy - Lvl 10 keep
Galata Tower - Lvl 17 keep, gives goods and small
Virgo Project - Lvl 12 delete
Flying Island - Lvl 12 delete

Inno Tower - Lvl 100
Cape Canaveral - Lvl 96
Hagia Sophia - Lvl 57
Temple of Relics - Lvl 32
Blue Galaxy - Lvl 10
Galata Tower - Lvl 17
Virgo Project - Lvl 12
Flying Island - Lvl 12

I think I've made up my mind to get rid of all but the first two because they are such a high level. Any reasons to keep the others? I know BG gives me a chance double production but it's only level 10 and recently I've been ignoring it anyway and just hitting the 5 diamond collect.
I only keep the GB's that help my game. However, it seems that the more GB's you have the higher points you have in comparison to the other players. If you look in your neighborhood, the highest ranked players seem to always have a lot of high level GB's. I am usually consistently ranked somewhere between #55 and #70 in my neighborhood. The only other thing that could go against my ranking is the fact that I don't do the GvG. However, I consistently play the expedition and always make sure that I am up to date on the map. By the way, I like the temple, mine is at level 37, I get some pretty good rewards, some of them I sell, in the antiques dealer. Since almost everything else you cannot sell anymore. I also get large numbers of FP's, goods and blueprints from my temple.

Johnny B. Goode

However, it seems that the more GB's you have the higher points you have in comparison to the other players.
Yes, current buildings in your city, including GBs, contribute to your ranking points. (Battle points and goods used other than in trading make up the other 2/3 of the formula.) GBs contribute more than other buildings because the worth of the goods used to build them is included in the worth of the building.

Ebeondi Asi

To Honorius, The primary source of most points for advanced players is fighting. Every fight adds points. Each Era higher more points per fight. Fighting become noticeable for points once in Future, and really climb in the Space Ages
For new players Great Buildings (ad regular building count for points too) may be a larger part of the points... But as you gain in fighting strength, and move up Eras, fighting takes prominence. You also get points for Goods spent. Both to build GBs, and from spent on Negotiations

Darkest.Knight

Recently I've been doing a lot of fights and moved from 900M pts to 1G points pretty quickly, less than 1 month. I doubt I'll continues to do 5000-6000 fights/season, it's somewhat time consuming, we'll c. At any rate, GB contributions diminish over time.