• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why is the Carnival Event so underwhelming?

Emberguard

@Graviton thats awesome :D

At the beginning it probably was a lot closer rate to yours. But then there was a particularly bad 6 hr lot where even going with the most efficient it was paying out so few times that the average cost went up.

I don't know if skipping that DS would have given me a better round or not as usually a new DS means some things reset or if I'd just be tinfoiling.

Either way I can get why it'd be off putting to be stuck in a bad patch given its a 6-hr rotation so skipping one in the hopes it'll be better next time doesn't mean you'll be around next time

mamboking053

I hope people post some feedback after the event on how far they've gotten (without diamonds, preferably). I'm curious to know if this is actually as bad as it looks.

Emberguard

Yeah that would be a nice to see what the actual results are at the end (assuming the feedback will be from those that give it a fair go and not give up part way through)

RazorbackPirate

In my experience, people will get pretty close to their expectations. Those who understand and keep working the event will most likely get what they want and more. Those who don't understand and got frustrated 8 quests and 5 chests in will most likely get little or nothing. This is as it should be. After all, in an event like this, it's the second group that feeds the first group the Florins they need to not only succeed, but over achieve.

DeletedUser29726

now up to 10600 on the bad luck server with still only 1 special - expectations tempered quite a bit there - still hope to finish the level 1 set and get an upgrade or two - but little more than that (barring some insane good luck to get me on track I won't be spending diamonds trying for the 9 piece double-set there). The other server's doing fine though now - got second special at 4580 total which is a bit better than average.

Mustapha00

I'd forgotten about the Grand Bridge- or, rather, forgotten how I acquired it.

Maybe I'm just being simplistic here, but it appears to me that it's easier to get one Reward and upgrade it 6 times than it is to get five Rewards and upgrade each one. Surely the time and effort involved would be greater, as you have to first be on when the particular piece(s) you need are available, have Tickets available to bet on the games to win Florins and then be lucky enough to get the particular Reward you want from a chest which has, what, from three to six potential Rewards.

DeletedUser29726

I'd forgotten about the Grand Bridge- or, rather, forgotten how I acquired it.

Maybe I'm just being simplistic here, but it appears to me that it's easier to get one Reward and upgrade it 6 times than it is to get five Rewards and upgrade each one. Surely the time and effort involved would be greater, as you have to first be on when the particular piece(s) you need are available, have Tickets available to bet on the games to win Florins and then be lucky enough to get the particular Reward you want from a chest which has, what, from three to six potential Rewards.

Mostly it depends on event currency and the rate at which you can turn it into things (which was really poor last year - and pretty decent this year). Yes it's a nuisance that you have to get 10 different items for the level 2 set as you have to pay attention for the whole event. But the wildcard rewards for finishing the questline and bronze+ can help fix that by covering whatever you just happened to miss and letting you look ahead a few pieces in terms of which ones you're trying to win.

I do particularly like sets though as they give options for creative arrangements and don't need aid so I'm a bit more tolerant of this nuisance than some folks who just hate the concept of sets entirely. Mostly inno has moved on from them though - and apart from the cherry set (which piazza is basically a clone of to partially satisfy people who love that 1 set while they change spring event to something different this year) they're not really considered top tier anymore anyways.

DeletedUser40766

ok her what i think if the Carnival Event is sow bad way not see if they can tern it in to a new event like say card game in the card game you pick 3 card and if you get 3 of the same card you get that item on the card now even if you do not get the same card you till get to pick one of the item of the cards in your hand

Algona

ok her what i think if the Carnival Event is sow bad way not see if they can tern it in to a new event like say card game in the card game you pick 3 card and if you get 3 of the same card you get that item on the card now even if you do not get the same card you till get to pick one of the item of the cards in your hand

Why is it that all your ideas seem to be nothing but negative effects? You want folk to play a game with a 1:169 chance of winning a prize?

Folks piss and moan now about the RNG, this would make things so much worse.

Please, quit suggesting things that make the game tougher.

Here's how you make things worse for yourself. Every morning when you log in pick a random building in your city and destroy it. There! See, your day just got worse, your game got harder.

As for the rest of us, leave the game the hell alone!

Quit making stupidly harmful suggestions.

DeletedUser40766

i only gave a idea do not men is the i dear can change over time or what you read i put is down at one of may ideas that the Carnival Event can tack on stop being a downer dam

DeletedUser40766

is jut a abstract idea dos not me is the final idea or it can change over time it was only show to how it can change

Super Catanian

i only gave a idea do not men is the i dear can change over time or what you read i put is down at one of may ideas that the Carnival Event can tack on stop being a downer dam
Yeah, the Carnival Event hasn't even been announced, if there is even going to be one next year.

DeletedUser40766

you dont like new thing do you to be add to the game you jut what it to stay the way it is am i rate

Algona

Don;t want me posting about your craptastic ideas?

Quit spamming craptastic ideas.

DeletedUser40766

my diea are not bad becus you an your freand had new things

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Catanian

my diea are not bad becus you an your freand had new things
First of all, me and @Algona are not really friends, but I mutually respect him, as he has been in these Forums much longer than both you and me. Whether or not he agrees with me is completely up to him.

And the reasons your ideas are bad is because either they change the game completely, or they have been proposed before and nobody liked them. FoE is a strategy game, and if it is too easy (what most of your ideas seem to suggest), there is no strategy anymore. Which is bad, seeing as how active players are great thinkers that know when to take advantage of something at the right time.

So please stop. It is getting annoying having to keep up with you and your new threads. And if you are going to tell me to ignore them, there is no chance of that happening, since you are posting in a public Forum, where anyone can voice their opinions on other opinions. And if you want to be taken seriously, use proper grammar and spelling, or I will give you a -1 just because.