• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why is the game getting to hard to play??????????

DeletedUser28147

Okay, then ask some specific questions. People here are happy to answer actual questions. We don't respond well to rants. So count to ten and then post some serious questions and I'd bet you'll get some serious answers.
here you go for everyone

DeletedUser29241

Ok that is better thank you for your suggestion positive feedback.

Super Catanian

Ok so why be so freaky about it then????
That response was for someone else who commented here.

I do play regular and that does not help so go away if you are not constructive. I don't file complaint tickets I ask questions that never get answered and get directed to here which does not seem to help either.
The rest of my posts were constructive criticism, since they provided helpful tips on how to play the game without being a sore loser about it. GE provides great rewards for what you pay, and if you payed attention to your city defense, you'd be in a much better position that what you say you are right now.

DeletedUser28147

The rest of my posts were constructive criticism, since they provided helpful tips on how to play the game without being a sore loser about it. GE provides great rewards for what you pay, and if you payed attention to your city defense, you'd be in a much better position that what you say you are right now.
Point

DeletedUser38090

Alright guys, found his most active city (in Noarsil) so we can all give some constructive criticism so the guy does better in his game.
XBuPzdV.png

Here are the GB levels:
CoA - 7
CdM - 7
Obs - 5
ToR - 9
Traz - 10
Arc - 5
SBC - 13
SoZ - 13
Hopefully this makes everybody's job much easier.

Critique Time!
  • CoA, and CdM are both level 7. They should be higher if you want to be more successful at GE. In fact, all of your GBs should have a much higher level for a CE player.
  • Find an arc swap group and start levelling that arc as soon as you can. That way, levelling GBs are going to be so much easier.
  • Troop barracks? In CE? With GE nowadays, you can just use unattached troops, and just supplement your military with some rogues from your traz. I've heard getting ahead on the continent map to get some unattached Future troops would also help you substantially. You would be much better off deleting those troop barracks and having something else.
  • You've got way too many 2-lane roads. Instead, use one-lane roads to connect all of your event and special buildings and GBs.
  • Your town looks like a brain or a seriously deformed mushroom. I would recommend when expanding later to use a more square/rectangular shape so it's easier to organize your city.
  • Do you really need those 2-lane supply buildings? Those also take up a lot of space too. I don't know how easy it is to get supplies through other methods in CE. Haven't been beyond Iron Age but I've heard Junkyards might be a good non-premium supply building.
  • Why do you have level 1 winter spire? Sounds like a waste of space to me. In fact, if you have any low-level event buildings, get rid of them. You're better off finding something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

• Why do you have level 1 winter spire? Sounds like a waste of space to me. In fact, if you have any low-level event buildings, get rid of them. You're better off finding something else.

All great advice! I would suggest that with special buildings, "get rid of" translates to "store in your inventory" in the hope that upgrades are made available again. You never know.

Super Catanian

Thanks, @MandyTheAlabastard, this was very helpful!
From the looks of it, no LoA. That helps you get goods, even if you are at the CE, you can still trade them and use them for FP swaps and threads.
You're right, a Level 1 Winter Spire is practically useless. Better to replace it with the LoA I mentioned earlier.
And of course, the two-lane roads. Mandy already explained it for us.

So in conclusion, bad city design, resulting in wasted space, which could be used for more important things. You need to have a more fixed playstyle, rather than try to play many at once. I've tried it, doesn't work too well unless you have certain GBs, event buildings, and other things.

Emberguard

@MandyTheAlabastard i use less then fully lvl'd events when I want to use the Lvls as one up kits.

No idea if this guy is thinking the same thing though as long as he has all the upgrades for the events in inventory he can easily upgrade them later (though I'd have made it a minimum lvl 4 for the winter spire so he gets goods)

DeletedUser28147

All great advice! I would suggest that with special buildings, "get rid of" translates to "store in your inventory" in the hope that upgrades are made available again. You never know.
Very true but I think this player is the type that doesn't spend money on the game so that might not work.

DeletedUser38090

I assume the guy is swimming in Store Buildings since he said the rewards weren't good. Must have gotten several jade relics with store buildings or something.

Super Catanian

Also, I noticed that you had a lot of Rogue Hideouts. Unless you are very active in GvG, you only need one, since the Traz provides you with more than enough Rogues.

Very true but I think this player is the type that doesn't spend money on the game so that might not work.
You're right. Gotta come up with a new strategy now!

Emberguard

Also, I noticed that you had a lot of Rogue Hideouts. Unless you are very active in GvG, you only need one, since the Traz provides you with more than enough Rogues.

You're right. Gotta come up with a new strategy now!
Not true unless you (a) have high enough bonuses to not lose troops (b) have a high lvl traz (c) not fighting as much of 64 encounters as you can

With 5 rogue hideouts and 3 slots unlocked on each it's still barely enough just for GE with a traz for my EMA city. All depends on how far in GE you wish to go and the lvl of your traz as to whether you need more then one hideout

DeletedUser3882

Alright guys, found his most active city (in Noarsil)

Ding ding ding!! There you go Mandy!

I can’t even because Dude is at 4+ million points and 10k battles. Been around long enough to know better, but has invariably leveled up too quickly for his own good and now in over his head! Used to beating up his neighborhood in lower ages against other inexperienced folk, but now finds himself up against a majority of players around much longer than he... Campers at astronomical levels, players who have bumped up attack and defense, players with rediculous boosts spamming Strike Teams in GvG, the list goes on.

Ain’t the Modern Ages no ‘mo!

DeletedUser28147

I have a simpler way of playing if you want to try it but it requires propbably starting over and waiting for an event with a good special building that produces pretty much a little of everything like my pirate ship. You do that for every age and you're almost golden.

Edit: It takes longer but it's worked for me so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

I have a simpler way of playing if you want to try it but it requires propbably starting over and waiting for an event with a good special building that produces pretty much a little of everything like my pirate ship. You do that for every age and you're almost golden.

Edit: It takes longer but it's worked for me so far.
Could also do that from the age he's in. Would be easier then starting afresh

For one thing Carnival is about to start. If he can get a complete set the middle piece upgrades automatically to current age and gives goods

DeletedUser28147

Could also do that from the age he's in. Would be (arguably) easier then starting afresh

For one thing Carnival is about to start. If he can get a complete set the middle piece upgrades automatically to current age and gives goods
Yes, very true, but, I personally am not a fan of that event as the odds of getting a complete set especially at level 2 are rather low and from what I've see of the event so far this year's is going to be even harder.

DeletedUser30900

This game is getting easier and easier every event. Quite pathetic to get lost in the game right now. Of course... with that city layout, you are doomed regardless.

Algona

Saying I am ranting does not help.

Why, has ranting been helping? Let;s look at the record:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?search/17920104/

Your post from July last year was another outstanding rant. That helped you so much that you're back here now with the same rant. The first one helped you how? This one helped you how?

Will you listen to and implement the advice you are getting this time? Or will you ignore it as you did last time?

Telling you to stop ranting can't have any worse results then what you've accomplished so far.

You're welcome.

You get sarcastic with me then I will be sarcastic back

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was telling you exact verifiable truth. This game is massively easier then when I started four years ago, this game is massively easier then when I started my second city 18 months ago. No competent player can disagree, there's no basis for disagreement. The only changes to this game over the years have been to make things easier.

Just as I was telling the exact truth that you are doing a lot of things wrong. Have you seen one person in this thread tell you you've done anything right? There;s a LOT of posts describing a LOT of things you've done wrong, and they haven't come close to telling you everything.

If you have the gumption to actually listen to and implement the advice you are getting then in about 6 months to a year you'll be laughing at how pathetic your city is now.

And you're not being sarcastic, you're praising with faint damns:

So you must cheat or use a credit card.

That's the best you can do? My city is so good I must be cheating or spending money?

Your insults are as pathetic as your city. You're lucky, no one will ever accuse you of cheating or spending money once they get a look at that steaming pile of dooky dropped by a diarrhetic chihuahua you call a city.

Last edited:

- KQ -

What the heck are you all doing. As of late you have made the game harder and harder to play. Gang banging by your own computer system hardly any rewards that are worth while. battle or two you are done and wiped out usually. Rewards in GE suck lately bad. If you anyone reads this I don't CARE what you think of me saying this so do not post here to stop crying or go play farm vill or what ever only constructive comments. The defense is so high on other players it is unreal so my question here is why is it so high when I was at a lower level it was never that high. I swear you all are crazy the way you run this game and plan. you seem to run it like you want people on 24/7 and waste my time will soon it will come to end on my end and I will bad mouth this game until it is no more unless you stop being jerks about rewards and gang banging it is just plan stupid the way you all run the game. NOW PLEASE FIX THE ISSUES AND WHY FILE COMPLAINT TICKETS WHEN NOTHING GETS DONE.

Thank you, thank you very much. Your humorous post made my day. Please post again tomorrow.