• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why shouldn't AO critical hit also apply to higher age units?

Loren1979

I understand the logic behind not allowing critical hit to apply to units lower than your age, but I see no good reason why it shouldn't apply to units of higher ages. I am in LMA fighting OF units on the continent map. OF units get to keep all their bells and whistles (mortar, contact, etc) but I get stripped of the critical hit that I worked so hard to build.

KingJMobile

I understand the logic behind not allowing critical hit to apply to units lower than your age, but I see no good reason why it shouldn't apply to units of higher ages. I am in LMA fighting OF units on the continent map. OF units get to keep all their bells and whistles (mortar, contact, etc) but I get stripped of the critical hit that I worked so hard to build.
Yeah I really wish it worked between ages. I’m in PE using Hover Tanks and Turturrets and I have an urge to sell it.

Loren1979

Btw @Loren1979 how are you in LMA fighting OF, this is crazy.
Continent map. I negotiated until I ran into Promethium which requires diamonds when you can't produce it. I am now forced to build up my attack boost in order to get those last 8 expansions. I plan to stay in LMA indefinitely.

Pericles the Lion

Continent map. I negotiated until I ran into Promethium which requires diamonds when you can't produce it. I am now forced to build up my attack boost in order to get those last 8 expansions. I plan to stay in LMA indefinitely.
Good luck. Even with the 30 expansions (BA-AF) I'm not sure that you have enough room to build up A/D so as to take on OF units with LMA units.

Loren1979

Higher age unit Grenadiers are a big help. I think with fall event and 100 more SO or so I should stand a decent chance.

Pericles the Lion

Higher age unit Grenadiers are a big help. I think with fall event and 100 more SO or so I should stand a decent chance.
Good luck! I got advanced age units but not until I was in Indy so I don't know how Grenadiers will work out (being a heavy unit, initiative will probably favor the enemy). I used Hover Tanks to get thru the c-Map SAV when I was in Indy. My A/D was something like 600/400 and I only hit when my Kraken charges were active.

Loren1979

Good luck! I got advanced age units but not until I was in Indy so I don't know how Grenadiers will work out (being a heavy unit, initiative will probably favor the enemy). I used Hover Tanks to get thru the c-Map SAV when I was in Indy. My A/D was something like 600/400 and I only hit when my Kraken charges were active.
Wait, you had hovers in Indy?!

Johnny B. Goode

You're looking at it backwards. You "worked so hard to build" it for fighting current era troops. That's what it does. You didn't get "stripped" of anything. You never had it against future troops. No one has. Quit playing the victim and give a good reason why they should change it just to benefit those fighting above their weight on the C-Map. There isn't one. You want to change a GB just to fit your situation. Typical of today's mindset, unfortunately. No one wants to deal with the world as it is.

Sharmon the Impaler

It’s an unwarranted boost to fighting that everyone else went through without getting. Your advanced units do not count unless you are battling units of their same age not the age you are in.

Loren1979

You're looking at it backwards. You "worked so hard to build" it for fighting current era troops. That's what it does. You didn't get "stripped" of anything. You never had it against future troops. No one has. Quit playing the victim and give a good reason why they should change it just to benefit those fighting above their weight on the C-Map. There isn't one. You want to change a GB just to fit your situation. Typical of today's mindset, unfortunately. No one wants to deal with the world as it is.
There are plenty of good reasons why. It would provide more incentive to use and enjoy aspects of the game (levelling GBs) that already exist. As soon as I realized that AO doesn't help with higher age troops I stopped levelling it. It is basically just an oversized CC for me now. The critical hit is really only going to help with GBG, and not everyone wants to spend a lot of time there. People like options. More options and strategic availability generally results in greater player participation and enjoyment, which is in everyone's best interest here. People who don't like options could always go back to playing Mario Brothers or Zelda.

Loren1979

It’s an unwarranted boost to fighting that everyone else went through without getting. Your advanced units do not count unless you are battling units of their same age not the age you are in.
It is true there is the factor of those players who have already passed through the continent map. Perhaps they could introduce another GB that would only provide critical hit for higher age units. I believe someone else in the thread suggested something of that nature.

Graviton

There are plenty of good reasons why. It would provide more incentive to use and enjoy aspects of the game (levelling GBs) that already exist.

That might incentivize levelling one GB. Meanwhile, the alternative to changing the AO is to continue levelling all of your other combat GBs and focus on getting the Event buildings that boost attack and attack defense, so you don't think you need the AO so much.

I don't really have a dog in this fight but it seems to me that Inno intentionally designed it the way it is and they have a much better (read that: objective) view of game balance than we do.

Johnny B. Goode

There are plenty of good reasons why. It would provide more incentive to use and enjoy aspects of the game (levelling GBs) that already exist. As soon as I realized that AO doesn't help with higher age troops I stopped levelling it. It is basically just an oversized CC for me now. The critical hit is really only going to help with GBG, and not everyone wants to spend a lot of time there. People like options. More options and strategic availability generally results in greater player participation and enjoyment, which is in everyone's best interest here. People who don't like options could always go back to playing Mario Brothers or Zelda.
LOL. You gave one not-very-good reason that only applies to that GB and only to players like yourself. And just FYI, it helps with GvG, too. So that's the two biggest fighting areas of the game that it applies to. But you also want it to apply to the minority (tiny minority relative to all players) who are fighting far ahead of their era on the C-Map. Dude, just do what @Graviton suggested and concentrate on your other fighting boost GBs. If you're so dissatisfied with the AO, just delete it and use the space for event buildings with an attack boost.

Loren1979

LOL. You gave one not-very-good reason that only applies to that GB and only to players like yourself. And just FYI, it helps with GvG, too. So that's the two biggest fighting areas of the game that it applies to. But you also want it to apply to the minority (tiny minority relative to all players) who are fighting far ahead of their era on the C-Map. Dude, just do what @Graviton suggested and concentrate on your other fighting boost GBs. If you're so dissatisfied with the AO, just delete it and use the space for event buildings with an attack boost.
What you overlook is the fact that accommodating the minority (those who push forward on the continent map) in this case would not detract from the enjoyment of the majority (those who don't need the boost for fighting higher ages). Again, I have yet to see one good reason why AO critical hit should not apply to higher age units. Any argument to that end would also apply to the boost as it currently exists.

Pericles the Lion

What you overlook is the fact that accommodating the minority (those who push forward on the continent map) in this case would not detract from the enjoyment of the majority (those who don't need the boost for fighting higher ages). Again, I have yet to see one good reason why AO critical hit should not apply to higher age units. Any argument to that end would also apply to the boost as it currently exists.
Post #3 is the good reason. Because that is not the way the Designers intended the AO to work. I suggest that you simply accept this fact and move on. Nothing said here will change the AO or get a narrow focus GB introduced.

Sharmon the Impaler

I’ve yet to see one good reason why they should apply.