• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why shouldn't AO critical hit also apply to higher age units?

Pericles the Lion

This is not intended to be a suggestion thread, rather, an evaluation and discussion thread. Do you have something pleasant that you would like to contribute?
The point is that an "evaluation and discussion thread" regarding new and/or modified GBs is DNS and a waste of everyone's time. Frankly, I'm surprised that the Mods haven't closed this thread by now.

Loren1979

The point is that an "evaluation and discussion thread" regarding new and/or modified GBs is DNS and a waste of everyone's time. Frankly, I'm surprised that the Mods haven't closed this thread by now.
What is your understanding of a "game discussions and feedback" section on a forum?

Loren1979

My understanding is that taking ad hominem swipes at other forum members is usually not very productive, Loren
I usually focus on pleasant discussion, but if someone is tough enough to dish it i generally expect them to be capable and willing to receive as well.

DevaCat

I usually focus on pleasant discussion, but if someone is tough enough to dish it i generally expect them to be capable and willing to receive as well.
I did not see any attacks made on you, simply disagreement with your ideas and assumptions. I did see you becoming more defensive and resorting to name calling, which is usually a signal of a losing argument. But please continue - I’ll be back when the popcorn’s done.

Loren1979

I did not see any attacks made on you, simply disagreement with your ideas and assumptions. I did see you becoming more defensive and resorting to name calling, which is usually a signal of a losing argument. But please continue - I’ll be back when the popcorn’s done.
I'd be happy to take a look at this name-calling you are referring to. The only name calling that I can see in the thread is coming from one of your well-known chums.

DevaCat

I'd be happy to take a look at this name-calling you are referring to. The only name calling that I can see in the thread is coming from one of your well-known chums.
Your post #35, referring to “condescending” “well known” members, “nursing home mentalities”. Not name calling? But it’s obvious you have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to the “well known” as evidenced by other posts you have made elsewhere. I’m not defending any of the others, some of them irk me as well, but I do suggest you check the attitude and stick with reasoned arguments. You’ll do much better. All I have to say about this.

Loren1979

Your post #35, referring to “condescending” “well known” members, “nursing home mentalities”. Not name calling? But it’s obvious you have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to the “well known” as evidenced by other posts you have made elsewhere. I’m not defending any of the others, some of them irk me as well, but I do suggest you check the attitude and stick with reasoned arguments. You’ll do much better. All I have to say about this.
Definitely not name calling. "Condescending" is a professional adjective and was properly used, not even an exaggeration. "Well-known-members is a description used by the forum itself, and "nursing-home-mentality" was used in a cautionary context and not pinned to any specific individual. Try "Mr. Entitlement" or "Mr. LMA dude" if you are looking for examples of name-calling. But should I really expect you to be objective when it comes to your well-known comrades?

Loren1979

"It is in everyone's best interest, including Inno for the game to be enjoyable and stimulating for as wide a range of strategies as reasonably possible."

To me, it sounds like the only way he finds it enjoyable and stimulating is by having the whole game on easy mode, not having to make an effort what so ever.
Lol, so another 150 SOs instead of 125?

RazorbackPirate

Ok, so let's flip this one back on you. Assuming it makes the game more enjoyable for the person with my approach to the game. How would it make it less enjoyable for you (or anyone else)? Without a good answer to this we would just need to conclude that the net sum enjoyment is greater with than without.
No. We're not flipping it back on me, I'm not asking for a change. I'm also referring to game balance not enjoyment. Got anything on how this is good for game balance overall? How does making it easier to push the C-map help the game?
I am in LMA fighting OF units on the continent map.
"Mr. LMA dude"

Loren1979

No. We're not flipping it back on me, I'm not asking for a change. I'm also referring to game balance not enjoyment. Got anything on how this is good for game balance overall? How does making it easier to push the C-map help the game?
Did you forget? I'm not asking for change either, just musing about why Inno would restrict critical hit from future age units. I have already given you a good reason why at least 1 person would find it beneficial and more enjoyable, now we need a good explanation of why it would decrease enjoyment for anyone else. If we can produce it you have won your case. I can't really think of a reason other than envy and that wouldn't be a good reason, so I am interested in what you might come up with.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Did you forget? I'm not asking for change either, just musing about why Inno would restrict critical hit from future age units.
And the answer is because they obviously decided that it would make it too easy for players to push farther ahead on the C-Map. Now that your question has been answered, what's the point of continuing this. Answer: None.

You probably weren't around, but they nerfed both the Rail Gun and Hovers at some point after they were introduced because they were too powerful. So that bolsters the position that Inno doesn't want players to be able to play above their age easily.

Loren1979

And the answer is because they obviously decided that it would make it too easy for players to push farther ahead on the C-Map. Now that your question has been answered, what's the point of continuing this. Answer: None.

You probably weren't around, but they nerfed both the Rail Gun and Hovers at some point after they were introduced because they were too powerful. So that bolsters the position that Inno doesn't want players to be able to play above their age easily.
I was considered this, but it seems inconsistent with the fact that a person can quite easily negotiate their way all the way into OF. All a person needs is generous guildmates from higher levels. Additionally, when AO was introduced there wouldn't even have been an OF yet. They could just as easily have made OF troops 25 percent stronger. Another consideration is that the same logic you are using would apply to the even more effective attack boost GBs. I'm not even sure that the C map was the consideration. Does AO work in GVG?

Last edited:

FluffyPhoenix

Wow, this sure devolved.

I'm in TE with every story unit available. Even at ~1,350% attack I struggle with SAJ units to the point where I rely on Virgo and Kraken to make my fights winnable. I almost exclusive use stealth tanks and combat drones, so I can't fathom how even doing "only" OF with LMA or CA units would work.
If AO worked on above age units, then Virgo would become even more useless than it is now, which is being good only in extreme situations like mine. I'd dump it in an instant and keep slamming my drones into the harpoons until enough crits popped and won me the fights without missiles dropping from the heavens.

Loren1979

Wow, this sure devolved.

I'm in TE with every story unit available. Even at ~1,350% attack I struggle with SAJ units to the point where I rely on Virgo and Kraken to make my fights winnable. I almost exclusive use stealth tanks and combat drones, so I can't fathom how even doing "only" OF with LMA or CA units would work.
If AO worked on above age units, then Virgo would become even more useless than it is now, which is being good only in extreme situations like mine. I'd dump it in an instant and keep slamming my drones into the harpoons until enough crits popped and won me the fights without missiles dropping from the heavens.
Nothing easy about anything you are describing. Difficult and challenging is good, impossible not so much. AO would never make VP useless for pushing into the C-Map. I personally am not even considering the potential of pushing into the space age eras from LMA, even with VP and Kraken. Keen eye would be way too much of a wall for the 1 expansion reward per era.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

quite easily
I do not think these words mean what you think they mean.
Additionally, when AO was introduced there wouldn't even have been an OF yet.
So?
They could just as easily have made OF troops 25 percent stronger.
Maybe, but they are concerned about game balance, which you obviously aren't. And what difference does that make, anyway? Has nothing to do with the AO.
Another consideration is that the same logic you are using would apply to the even more effective attack boost GBs.
No, because their effect was never tied to era/age at all.
I'm not even sure that the C map was the consideration.
As I said, they are concerned about game balance, so the C-Map was definitely a consideration for them. :rolleyes:
Does AO work in GVG?
Well, you're fighting same age troops in GvG, so it certainly should. I'm pretty sure I've seen it trigger there, but I'm not going to waste time testing it.

Loren1979

I do not think these words mean what you think they mean.

So?

Maybe, but they are concerned about game balance, which you obviously aren't. And what difference does that make, anyway? Has nothing to do with the AO.

No, because their effect was never tied to era/age at all.

As I said, they are concerned about game balance, so the C-Map was definitely a consideration for them. :rolleyes:

Well, you're fighting same age troops in GvG, so it certainly should. I'm pretty sure I've seen it trigger there, but I'm not going to waste time testing it.
These responses seem rather trite.