• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2023 Feedback

Graviton

Doesn't appear that I'll get the Level 9 upgrade in any of my five cities. No diamonds spent, as usual for an Event but this will be the first time I have not earned a fully-leveled Event building in any of my towns. I might get the Golden Panda Statue in two of them, but I doubt I get the 9th level upgrade in any of them.

Xenosaur

@Graviton - I was feeling like that for a few days too, then spent a few diamonds to make it "slide in safe to home plate". The variability of getting few starting paws and then no additional paws - is maddening. I understand it's part of the game, but it's actually deeper than that, too.

I found 2 consistent "trends" that presented often in the minigame play design:

Paws seem to come in burst @ move 20 or so... in other words you get a bunch at the top, and the very end of your playing time. They're tantalizing, but you can't get them captured in your regular cycle UNLESS you spend wildlife coins to get 10 more moves. Not a good idea unless you can see a perfect path to drop enough of them to justify that double expenditure.

The column the paw you want is in is BLOCKED at the bottom by a color not present in EITHER COLUMN (left or right), so you have to buy something - a hammer or tool, to break it free.

2 consistent themes controlled by the overall design, and it what makes this one of my least favorite game types.

Unlike St. Paddy's day - which people typically don't like at first due to it's seemingly overt complexity, but the players controls the event progress and success (for the most part) vs having random events NEVER under his/her control - happen.

Last edited:

Angel.

the building is pertty maxed but no pandas in sight less you have animations .
i do not so dont really want to max the building i like seeing the pandas
got so many buildings with no people or animals at all maxed just empty space an a building .Panda maxed (Rats).pngpanda lvl 8.pngpanda lvl 8.pngPanda maxed (Rats).png

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

Although this is one of my least favorite game mechanics I could have made it a bit easier if I had been more careful using the tools. I initially thought I'd go for a second building but after spending some diamonds I thought it would be too expensive to get a second. I'll have to wait a while to get enough upgrade kits to put up a second building. Oh well, no second building but at least the one I have is a lot better than average.

Xenosaur

@Sharmon the Impaler - nice analysis.

I didn't study or record to that level, but some of that looks very familiar, for sure.

In this event (learning from beta) - I NEVER bought tool packages, just 98% hammers for recalcitrant boards (individually) and 1 or 2 times, I bought the adjacent color changes "star", when it was the RIGHT TOOL to use for multiple paws/rewards to drop with a single fix.

CDmark

This did not get a daily special when clicked btw:

View attachment 20338
surprised you didn.t hammer out the green leaf in the upper middle by the paw, would have made it a chain of 55, would have loved to see how many points it gave to make. Looking closer, 57 with the red apple hammered out above the paw. So, 47 chain, think it may be the record we have recorded in the forum, back in the first season we posted a few in the 30's. My guildmate had one with chests and a chain, he had it ready for the MR special. I just asked him how many specials he got, will edit when I know. It is 33 chests plus the one when you click the orange one, 34 total.

Attachments

• chests.jpg
    chests.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 4

Sostratus

With just over 4 hours left I just used my last ticket and ended up with 274 paws, 6 short of the 280 needed for a fully upgraded building. On the one hand I'm sure I played the boards less then perfectly and likely missed at least 6 paws along the way. So that is my fault. I at least managed to snag the golden panda statue so when panda reserve kits likely appear in next year's event I'll be ready to go and I can wait as I have done before.

However the order of the prizes during the event were some the worst I can ever recall. I'm so "happy" to get two portraits for completing the quests during the event rather than the usual mixture of event currency or upgrade kits. They are sure to be useful. It also was so "nice" to get a second Lv. 1 panda reserve as a prize after collecting 100 paws. At least I can sell it at the Antiques Dealer.

I realize InnoGames is a business. If they want to make the prizes during these events impossible to obtain without buying diamonds so be it. That is perfectly acceptable. At times though the design of this event seemed deliberately insulting.

qaccy

Did the event get extended by a day? I could've sworn there were only a few hours to go but now I see another 24 hours remaining lol

Emberguard

Did the event get extended by a day? I could've sworn there were only a few hours to go but now I see another 24 hours remaining lol

Yes. It's not your imagination. There was a bug that resulted in Quests not appearing after midnight. Now we have a extra day

Gridley

Yes. It's not your imagination. There was a bug that resulted in Quests not appearing after midnight. Now we have a extra day
A note to that effect from IG somewhere in the game would have been basic courtesy.

I'm probably going to drop from Pro to Apprentice today and IG will be thrilled by all the diamonds spent by the players fighting to pass those of us at the bottom of Pro.

Meanwhile I'm apparently locked out of buying the "Wildlife Prizes" which was my fallback.

On the plus side, at least there's no temptation for me to spend money or diamonds - I'm not going to see those snatched away for no gain on zero notice and without explanation.

Pericles the Lion

A note to that effect from IG somewhere in the game would have been basic courtesy.

I'm probably going to drop from Pro to Apprentice today and IG will be thrilled by all the diamonds spent by the players fighting to pass those of us at the bottom of Pro.

Meanwhile I'm apparently locked out of buying the "Wildlife Prizes" which was my fallback.

On the plus side, at least there's no temptation for me to spend money or diamonds - I'm not going to see those snatched away for no gain on zero notice and without explanation.
Give players 3 extra tickets on the day that has the best daily special and they still find something to complain about.

Thanks Inno for the extra playing day. It's a nice way to deal with the quest bug.

honey55

Give players 3 extra tickets on the day that has the best daily special and they still find something to complain about.

Thanks Inno for the extra playing day. It's a nice way to deal with the quest bug.
I think it's great to get 3 extra tickets. However, if some get bumped out of a league to a lower league, that would be a reason to complain. For me it means i lost sleep staying up to use up my tickets. I never got the mountsin reserve or wildlife epic selection kit except when it was offered as a daily special so i waited to finish my quests till after i got my evening ticket since there wouldnt be any more for me so having more tan 4 wouldnt cause me to lose any tickets. Than i stayed up late to use them up. I thought it was not very nice if them to offer the wildlife selection kit when one only had a few hours to use it. It is nice to have the extra tickets.

Last edited:

McBluefire

What three extra tickets? I logged in this morning to find exactly one ticket ready to use. Not happy with this "extra day" at all.

I presume the 3 tickets mentioned is what we normally get in a 24 hour period? Here goes the diamond spending for folks to get into the leagues they wanted.....again.....

McBluefire

That is not a benefit, except for folks who were close to another Grand Prize progress milestone. 3 tickets = 9 paws on average. :eek:

What is really happening is a spending spree to fight over league positions.... something that most of us thought was done last night. :/

McBluefire

To explain my position a bit further:
1) As soon as a bug was realized the event progression should have been put on hold and a message sent out that the event would resume as soon as a fix was created, put in place, and tested. Instead 6+ hours after the event was scheduled to end we get a message stating that it will continue another day due to a bug.
2) I'm irritated because I spent diamonds and lost an hour of sleep last night as I noticed I was about to fall out of professional league. So bought 10 tickets and spent just over an hour trying to rush 10 minigames to hopefully ensure placement with 2 hours of the event remaining. Used up all my tools.
3) Now I've spent another 500 diamonds today to get tools so I could gain benefit from my first bonus board.
4) I am fully expecting to have to spend at least another 750 diamonds tonight to get back into professional league again.
5) In game right now on multiple threads people are sharing similar thoughts and expressing their disappointment at how far behind the league they were in they find themselves this morning.

It's really convenient how the solution to the bug benefits Inno with extra diamond spending.

That's my feedback for Inno. If you disagree, please feel free to post your opinion but note I won't be arguing my perspective.

I feel for the folks who didn't get their last quest(s) and that should have been addressed more aggressively.

CDmark

Lots of conspiracies going around. I was hoping to plant and use the golden level via professional league today. Oh well, not like I am going anywhere and I got 100K buffer so I am fine for league play. Wonder if we get the 20 coin login bonus again?
McBluefire has a very valid point, many times I have structured my league event play to just sneak it out at the end. Now those that did it will have to watch again tonight or spend. The hour at which it ends on US servers is another good point, another late night?

I think Inno responded as best they could, maybe they can bump up players league status when it ends especially Apprentice to Professional. What would they be giving? The golden upgrade and red panda selection kit, might be a good way to compensate that situation, the league race.

stymie of Suwannee

Three years plus of never missing the mark on a full Event building. My primary city only gets it by investing diamonds into Eagle Mountains. Both in the Professional league, but both failed. BAD MATH, BAD!!! Then this, BAD!

Pericles the Lion

5 worlds. No diamonds used. Progress: 296, 297, 330, 331, 346. I still have a few tickets to play per city but got the L9 Panda Reserve in all of my cities. Good Event.