• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

WINTER 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser30312

Curse me too, after hitting the shuffle 3 times, I got a double payout on SoKs. And those shuffles got me two more Watchfires as well. All in all, I've gotten a decent payout with this event.

DeletedUser31498

Yeah I mean the event wasn't "fun" in any sense of the word. It just was a matter of accumulating stars and getting as many SoKs as possible, and then stopping after the second SoK day.

Helpful from a practical standpoint, but certainly not fun imo.

DeletedUser32307

When it says recruit 4 units from your age, recruitment from Alcatraz doesn't count?

DeletedUser14885

I dont understand why the prize for the last quest is just a random piece of the set (straw star tent). What makes that piece so special when you have just as much opportunity to win it in an earlier quest as you do any other piece of the set? In fact....I now have 3 straw star tents, have finished the event, yet im 1 piece short of the full set. Its a bit irritating that I saved my stars and only opened presents on the alternating days in which new pieces of the set were offered. Unfortunately I missed 1 (the moose one) after opening all but 2 or 3 presents but then opened the "reshuffle" present with not enough stars to open but 1 or 2 more presents afterwards. I even spent what few diamonds I had trying to get that last piece. Basically the only way to have gotten that last piece was to know that it would not be offered again and pay the insane amount of diamonds it would cost the next day? With all due respect.....that seems like a whole lot of BS. Again.....what makes that straw star tent so special that is was offered up as the others were and it was offered up as the final prize? Seems to me that the rational thing to do would have been to allow the player their choice of 1 piece of the set at the end. Not to be an ass or anything.....but im really starting to feel what a lot of other players saying about this whole set thing getting a outta control and that they(events) are simply happening to often. At the very least the bigger event quests such as this Winter event should have better tutorials/information pages that explain things more concisely. So now what.....wait until next year or hope to get lucky on a daily quest chest? Sorry.....but I absolutely feel like i wasted my time and resources and unfortunately its a feeling im getting more frequently when it comes to this game.

DeletedUser29623

I dont understand why the prize for the last quest is just a random piece of the set (straw star tent). What makes that piece so special when you have just as much opportunity to win it in an earlier quest as you do any other piece of the set? In fact....I now have 3 straw star tents, have finished the event, yet im 1 piece short of the full set. Its a bit irritating that I saved my stars and only opened presents on the alternating days in which new pieces of the set were offered. Unfortunately I missed 1 (the moose one) after opening all but 2 or 3 presents but then opened the "reshuffle" present with not enough stars to open but 1 or 2 more presents afterwards. I even spent what few diamonds I had trying to get that last piece. Basically the only way to have gotten that last piece was to know that it would not be offered again and pay the insane amount of diamonds it would cost the next day? With all due respect.....that seems like a whole lot of BS. Again.....what makes that straw star tent so special that is was offered up as the others were and it was offered up as the final prize? Seems to me that the rational thing to do would have been to allow the player their choice of 1 piece of the set at the end. Not to be an ass or anything.....but im really starting to feel what a lot of other players saying about this whole set thing getting a outta control and that they(events) are simply happening to often. At the very least the bigger event quests such as this Winter event should have better tutorials/information pages that explain things more concisely. So now what.....wait until next year or hope to get lucky on a daily quest chest? Sorry.....but I absolutely feel like i wasted my time and resources and unfortunately its a feeling im getting more frequently when it comes to this game.

I didn’t even try for the straw star tent because I knew it would be the final prize (and I’m not going for doubles of anything). I assume that it was offered as a daily special earlier in the event because many players who want a complete set don’t want to complete the final quest because it requires conquering a province on the campaign map.

DeletedUser31592

Do you have doubles of other items? You should if you only went after Winter Items.

I stupidly decided to skip the Halmbock and Smorgasboard in the city I went after the set- thinking I would be largely unsuccessful and they were the items I wanted the least. Luckily, I wised up before the Halmbock came around the second time, but I missed the Smorgasboard entirely.

Without any diamonds and 70 stars still in the bank, I have: 2 Moose Meadows, 2 Straw Star Tents, 2 Madame Fortuna Tents, 2 Toymaker's Booths, 1 Sugar Baker, 1 Candle Maker, 1 Halmbock, 1 Tinkerer.

38 squares and I get 6 FPs and 29 goods. Plus 2% and 3% boosts for both coins and supplies and 1% and 2% attack boost. The other stuff varies by age, so no point in posting. I need another Sugar Baker's Booth to make it a perfect square and up the boost of one each of the 1x1s, but oh well. Maybe I can snap it up through a DC.

DeletedUser29623

I'm impressed. I have maybe 5 single items in each city, and only about 70 stars left in each one, and except for the reno kit, I only went after Winter Set items!

DeletedUser32770

I didn't get Frosty's avatar after completing the event! I got the other 2. On the Winter event announcement it said we would be getting Frosty:
"There is a great number of awesome rewards that you can win. Many of the Winter buildings from the previous years will be available again for you to obtain.
We will also have two Winter avatars for you (not to mention Frosty's pretty face, if you don't possess it yet):"

I hope this was just an error, I was looking forward to being Frosty for the winter :)

DeletedUser18225

I've been meaning to do this for a couple of weeks, but the holidays kept me busy. I want to give a HUGE shoutout to the graphics team at Inno. the art for the Winter Event was top notch. If you haven't taken a moment to notice, check it out before it's gone. Also, the snow feature is cool. Thanks for a GREAT job!!!

DeletedUser32773

i'm really afraid that the winter event will end without getting frosty. :( i've been doing the quests every day. i hope it wasn't left out by mistake.

DeletedUser14885

I didn’t even try for the straw star tent because I knew it would be the final prize (and I’m not going for doubles of anything). I assume that it was offered as a daily special earlier in the event because many players who want a complete set don’t want to complete the final quest because it requires conquering a province on the campaign map.

In hindsight....I wish i would have not gone after the straw star hunt initially as now I have 3. At the time I was thinkin that there must be some special reason Inno selected that particular piece to be the Grand prize. Now it just seem so random, pointless and dissapointing