• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

WINTER 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser30312

I got lucky yesterday and got the Smorgasbord in the third present after opening some FP and a shuffle. I'll try for the Halmbock or whatever it's called that has the other combat boost, and it's back to hunting SoKs and Watchfires for me. I suppose pieces from this set may show up as future DC prize chests just like the Spring and Summer sets did, so I wouldn't worry too much about chasing them down.

DeletedUser30312

I got lucky yesterday and got the Smorgasbord in the third present after opening some FP and a shuffle. I'll try for the Halmbock or whatever it's called that has the other combat boost, and it's back to hunting SoKs and Watchfires for me. I suppose pieces from this set may show up as future DC prize chests just like the Spring and Summer sets did, so I wouldn't worry too much about missing them.

DeletedUser24438

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LARGE AND MEGA MEDAL PACKAGES .. AS WE PROGRESS AND USE THEM FOR EXPANSIONS THEY BECOME LESS AND LESS WORTHWHILE TO COLLECT.. I WILL NOT EVER PURCHASE DIAMONDS FOR EXPANSIONS

DeletedUser31882

Welp. I initiated my master plan for my secondary worlds. Operation Christmas Wishes went pretty well.

W1: 474 Stars - 5 WW
W2: 487 Stars - 4 WW
W3: 474 Stars - 5 WW
W4: 487 Stars - 3 WW The worst!
W5: 474 Stars - 4 WW
W6: 487 Stars - 5 WW X2 payout on WW! Wooo!
W7: 474 Stars - 4 WW Emotional Roller coaster & could have been 6WW! Had a x2 Payout & 50/50 chance for WW... I Choose... Unwisely.
W8: 448 Stars - 6 WW Yay x2 Payout on WW!

Total Stars pre-RNG/gamble session: 3,805 Total Wishing Wells Get: 36 Wishing Wells.

Goal was 42.

Based on these results, I now understand why I come across cities with Fields of Wishing Wells. Now to make space and join their ranks.

This data also gives me hope for when SoKs show up again. I burned stars on it's first appearance and came up empty handed. I should have waited, but no use crying over spilled milk. Let's hope my 'less stars = more payout' luck strikes me again.

Good luck to everyone else on your rolls!

Winter Feedback wise: I think the meta-quest rewards could have used a buff. The star milestone rewards are very meh in my opinion. Oh well!

DeletedUser24719

Geez, will this horrible event ever end? This is by far the worst event INNO ever came up with and trust me thats saying alot. Useless sets, more decorations, low level pay offs etc , etc! What an waste of time!!

DeletedUser32009

I had had some days where I got really lucky too. I got sugarbakers on the second pick . I have picked up some great prizes. I have only had bad luck with the reshuffle getting me several times a couple of days.

DeletedUser26532

I've seen a lot of people here, on Beta, and in S-world complaining about how much they dislike the event buildings. So I decided to do some math.

In one complete set of the Winter events buildings in Future Era you get:

265329 Coins, 18222 Supplies, 3 FP, 13 goods, 200 medals and 2280 happiness (not to speak of attack, defence coin and supply boost) --> all in 26 spaces.

To come even close to matching that you need 3 SOK, a tribal square, a royal cascade and 8 victory towers which nets you:

74060 coins, 0 supplies, 3 FP, 12 goods, 206 medals, and 880 happiness (with no boosts) but takes 44 (yes FOURTY-FOUR) spaces.

In terms of space, this is an incredibly efficient set if you went for the full thing.

I don't get what all the hate is about. Yes, upgrading it is a pain in the behind if you get it in an early age, but those players aren't likely trying to min-max square use yet.

For late age players, I'm a bit surprised that its not more popular.

DeletedUser

I've seen a lot of people here, on Beta, and in S-world complaining about how much they dislike the event buildings. So I decided to do some math.

In one complete set of the Winter events buildings in Future Era you get:

265329 Coins, 18222 Supplies, 3 FP, 13 goods, 200 medals and 2280 happiness (not to speak of attack, defence coin and supply boost) --> all in 26 spaces.

To come even close to matching that you need 3 SOK, a tribal square, a royal cascade and 8 victory towers which nets you:

74060 coins, 0 supplies, 3 FP, 12 goods, 206 medals, and 880 happiness (with no boosts) but takes 44 (yes FOURTY-FOUR) spaces.

In terms of space, this is an incredibly efficient set if you went for the full thing.

I don't get what all the hate is about. Yes, upgrading it is a pain in the behind if you get it in an early age, but those players aren't likely trying to min-max square use yet.

One word negates your argument. Plunder. The Winter Event set pieces are ripe for plunder. The motivated SoKs and Tribal Square along with the Victory Towers are not. (I don't remember offhand if the Royal Cascade is plunderable.)

DeletedUser26532

One word negates your argument. Plunder. The Winter Event set pieces are ripe for plunder. The motivated SoKs and Tribal Square along with the Victory Towers are not. (I don't remember offhand if the Royal Cascade is plunderable.)

When motivated the Cascade is not.

While I do admit that plundering is a potential issue that really shouldn't be a problem with a good defense and collecting on time. I've been plundered by all of one player (with something like a 300% attack boost from camping) between Colonial and Future. so I disagree that that should be a significant issue to many.

Also given the number of Palace sets that people put up, that seems a strange argument to be making.

Algona

I've seen a lot of people here, on Beta, and in S-world complaining about how much they dislike the event buildings. So I decided to do some math...

Dunno about you, but my SoKs and TSs are always motivated so produce a lot more Coins then you cite above.

Agreed the complete set gets you lots of Rewards, but most are trivial. Have fun moving the set.

You kinda overlooked there are around 1000 Stars available in Winter Event. Which means 100 or so Stars to win each building. Those trying for 3 SoK have 300 Stars for each.

I wonder how the odds of winning a fourth or even fifth SoK compare to winning the complete set?

DeletedUser

When motivated the Cascade is not.

While I do admit that plundering is a potential issue that really shouldn't be a problem with a good defense and collecting on time. I've been plundered by all of one player (with something like a 300% attack boost from camping) between Colonial and Future. so I disagree that that should be a significant issue to many.

Also given the number of Palace sets that people put up, that seems a strange argument to be making.
Not a strange argument for me to be making, though. The Palace sets I once put up have since been deleted, and I won't be putting up any more even if I somehow get them through DCs.

DeletedUser30312

All the sets are ripe for plunder, that's their biggest disadvantage. The other major disadvantage is that you need to have the whole set usually to capitalize on the full benefits, because individually the pieces are weak. The Winter Village set is nice and small, and isn't locked into a particular configuration, but I'd still avoid the producing pieces because of its vulnerability. The pieces that just have bonuses and can't be plundered may be useful though, because they don't need roads. Get enough Smorgasbords and Halmbocks together with two other pieces to max out their bonuses (preferably those 1x1s or the other two boosts), and you can squeeze a nice little attack bonus out of them in a relatively small space. The defense bonus, OTOH, isn't great on its own compared to Watchfires or Ritual Flames, but it's an added bonus to the attack boosts.

DeletedUser31592

The other problem- you will need a bunch of one-up or reno kits each time you age up. Otherwise, their output outside of FPs won't be worth their space.

DeletedUser31132

The wonderful Shuffle. I was trying for the Sugar Baker's Booth today and I got the shuffle 3 out of 8 times. Ugh is right!!
Oh I agree with y'all. I've gotten close to one or two of the christmas buildings and and damn resuffle pops up... ugh!

DeletedUser26532

Dunno about you, but my SoKs and TSs are always motivated so produce a lot more Coins then you cite above.

Agreed the complete set gets you lots of Rewards, but most are trivial. Have fun moving the set.

I've never had an unmotivated building this entire year. My understanding was that motivation for SOK/TS only produced the FP/goods, but even if we assume it also doubles the coin output it would still be just over half of what the set produced. (I also don't consider FP and goods trivial, but that is player era dependent). I'm merely illustrating mathematical superiority of the set's production.

Personally I've never understood why people complain about moving sets. Just collect your daily, disconnect the road at your TH, then rebuild city as required, and replace road tile. Bam. Everything is still synchronized, and you've moved everything you need. I don't see the problem on that.

Similarly, with one-up kits every other week in GE4, and now in the chests for DC, I doubt those will be as limiting a factor as they once were.

(This set is more ideal for a later age player than an early age player for that reason however)

You kinda overlooked there are around 1000 Stars available in Winter Event. Which means 100 or so Stars to win each building. Those trying for 3 SoK have 300 Stars for each.

I wonder how the odds of winning a fourth or even fifth SoK compare to winning the complete set?

Now this complaint, I can admit is an issue.

Getting it is indeed a challenge. However, by targeting it I got the whole set (as well as a HOF so far) in S-world. Still have stars left over and days left. So its possible. However, there is still luck involved. So I get complaints about it being a challenge to collect, it truly is.

Similarly, plunder is an issue, but how many posts do we have telling new players how to avoid that?

Plunder (I Guess) and acquisition (definitely) I concede are potential issues, but its actually a really good set for pure space and production considerations.

Algona

if we assume it also doubles the coin output

No assumption, it does.

Personally I've never understood why people complain about moving sets

In a big city during a major remodel. Brutally painful. You'll find out about the second or third time you move the stuff around.

Plunder (I Guess) and acquisition (definitely) I concede are potential issues, but its actually a really good set for pure space and production considerations.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you complete and are happy with your set.

Just curious, what;s your trade off point? How many SoK would you need to win to be happier to hace won that many SoK then the set.

I won 7 SoK (and HoF) in my startup city. I think I'm a little ahead of your Set given space considerations. And flexibiluty of placement. Aand movement. And more FPs. I know I'm happy. And a year from now, I'll still be happy with the SoKs.

Actually above and beyond happy. Getting a 2x Payout SoK had me barking. Hitting show 2x revealing SoK + Shufle, more barking, I was 'Waising the Woof'!. Mrs. 'Gona asked me if the beloved snarling DaWgs of Montlake were playing.

So sad: Bob Rondeau's last game Saturday. Gonna miss that cry of 'Touchdown, WASHINGTON!" Maybe hear one more Dante Pettis return for an even 10? Go DaWgs!

Abyway back on topic. Funny how a phenomenal run of luck turns a crappy Event into a great Event.

DeletedUser31882

You and @Algona and anyone else with x2 luck on SoKs today: *Shakes fist and yells at clouds*

Good luck to everyone else in their SoK searches!

544 Stars: 5 SoKs
4 Boost Crates
4 100% Coin Boosters
5 Store buildings
2 watchfires (could of had 2 more, but was focused on SoKs)
5 shoe makers. Worst x2 payout
Other misc FPs, Supplies, gold, A.I. and whatever.

About what I expected based on my Wishing Well pulls. I like the average of ~100 stars per 'big prize'.

Something I dislike: The x2 payout on 'reveal two' does not reveal 4 squares. It does double the star payout, but 3 more stars doesn't take out the sting of a wasted x2. At least with a x2 shuffle, you get a bonus pull.

Anywho, time for a city shuffle, a push to HMA in the coming weeks and preparation for the next event.

Merry New Years and good luck!