• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vger

I was wanting to see upgrades for the Winter Spire. Last year I was unable to fully upgrade mine, and I am tempted to ditch it if I cannot upgrade it. I was sad to see that INNO did not offer upgrades to it as a reward.
A Winter Spire selection kit was offered as the daily special 3 times on beta for this event. While there is no guarantee the same will happen here, in practice we seem to always get the same daily specials as beta, just not in the same order. INNO never announces ahead of time what the daily specials will be.
So....you will probably get that spire....just wait for it.

DeletedUser41212

Good grief a month long event, going to get tired of it pretty fast.

DeletedUser37732

A Winter Spire selection kit was offered as the daily special 3 times on beta for this event. While there is no guarantee the same will happen here, in practice we seem to always get the same daily specials as beta, just not in the same order. INNO never announces ahead of time what the daily specials will be.
Thanks for the info....

UBERhelp1

So far about the most interesting thing to me from this Event will be some screenshot of a city that is one long train... That and a lot of Sleigh Builders.

I missed the train on those last year. :p
Though if you want goods, go for sleighs, because the cars that give goods are 1/3 as efficient as the sleigh builders.

DeletedUser40996

Two things InnoGames designers and planners need to remember are:

1) This is a game and a player should not be expected to be on 24/7 just to complete an event. A month long event is just tedious.
2) This is a free to play game so to get the main rewards from any quest or an event should not require spending money
1 that's why it's a month long so players don't need to play 24/7 to finish it for free.

2 You shouldn't have to to get the train max level as long as you do all 70 Quests and log in every day for the freebie event currency

mamboking053

So far about the most interesting thing to me from this Event will be some screenshot of a city that is one long train... That and a lot of Sleigh Builders.

I missed the train on those last year. :p

For me, I want another Winter Spire to replace 4 SoK's. It would be nice to get rid of all of them at some point...

I was wanting to see upgrades for the Winter Spire. Last year I was unable to fully upgrade mine, and I am tempted to ditch it if I cannot upgrade it. I was sad to see that INNO did not offer upgrades to it as a reward.
Actually - I got one today that was an upgrade to last years (Level 1 or and Upgrade). Just hover over the icons on the bottom left of the screen.

Meanwhile - paying 3k in Diamonds after you collect all the deer's for basically stuff we get free with winning things. I'll pass Inno, but thanks. Sad to see you guys turning more greedy lately with Diamond sales being needed more and more to play the game.

DeletedUser8428

Actually - I got one today that was an upgrade to last years (Level 1 or and Upgrade). Just hover over the icons on the bottom left of the screen.

Meanwhile - paying 3k in Diamonds after you collect all the deer's for basically stuff we get free with winning things. I'll pass Inno, but thanks. Sad to see you guys turning more greedy lately with Diamond sales being needed more and more to play the game.
Seems to me it's no different than all other events - you can win some stuff by playing or you can pay to get more stuff.

DeletedUser38368

Something they still haven't fixed from last year;
With a 2x prize boost active, if you select a "reveal 2" prize (something I somehow manage to do somewhat frequently), only 2 prizes are revealed. The boost is essentially wasted.
I don't understand the reasoning here Inno. Let's either make the reveal 2 not eat up a 2x boost or let us reveal 4 presents.

Vger

Something they still haven't fixed from last year;
With a 2x prize boost active, if you select a "reveal 2" prize (something I somehow manage to do somewhat frequently), only 2 prizes are revealed. The boost is essentially wasted.
I don't understand the reasoning here Inno. Let's either make the reveal 2 not eat up a 2x boost or let us reveal 4 presents.
It hasn't been fixed because it isn't broken. It's working as designed and as documented.

From the Wiki:
"Show 2 will reveal to you the contents of two presents on the board, and it will also give you a small amount of Stars. When combined with "Double Payout", the stars are doubled, but only two tiles are revealed. "

AyeMatey

2019 WINTER EVENT
Oh no, we new players have encountered something that
halts us in our tracks to complete a quest in the Winter Event.

‘Twas the night of the Winter Event and all through the land,
not one incident was stirrin’, to lend a hand.

New players are researching technology with care, but haven’t
traveled to the EMA to trade with the Antiques Dealer there.

So, we must nestle all snug in our bed and dream we
wake to an incident to help us in this quest get ahead.​

DeletedUser37581

2019 WINTER EVENT

‘Twas the night of the Winter Event and all through the land,
not one incident was stirrin’, to lend a hand.

New players are researching technology with care, but haven’t
traveled to the EMA to trade with the Antiques Dealer there.

So, we must nestle all snug in our bed and dream we
wake to an incident to help us in this quest get ahead.​
Are you referring to the 5th quest where you have to Exchange 2 items in the Antiques Dealer or Collect 3 Incidents?

DeletedUser40996

Are you referring to the 5th quest where you have to Exchange 2 items in the Antiques Dealer or Collect 3 Incidents?
Probably and since the event is 31 days long the event it's not a big deal just means a few hours longer before you get to the Daily Qiestline

Vger

Well...here is a hint for new players: The entire quest line is published on the unofficial FOE fan site well ahead of the start of the event.
So now you know. You aren't a newbie anymore. Next event, you will use Google to find that unofficial FAN site, read through the quest line, and plan ahead.
I have an IA diamond farm city, AD is not an option. So I stopped collecting incidents the day before this started. In my main, I kicked off some AD trades the night before.
Plan ahead.

qaccy

There's not really a need to 'plan ahead'. Inno doesn't bother posting the quest list in advance partly because it's not really necessary to do so. I personally feel like it cheapens the experience to know exactly what's coming before it actually happens, but that's just my opinion and there isn't anything wrong with looking it up either.

Anyway, regarding the event. Wanted some of those shiny Tactician's Towers so I pulled out the diamonds and clicked until I'd completed 9/9 on two reindeer deals. For the 2,995 price tag, I feel like they came out pretty good. Maybe I just got lucky?
1575352619125.png
1575352661400.png

AyeMatey

Well...here is a hint for new players: The entire quest line is published on the unofficial FOE fan site well ahead of the start of the event.
So now you know. You aren't a newbie anymore. Next event, you will use Google to find that unofficial FAN site, read through the quest line, and plan ahead.
I have an IA diamond farm city, AD is not an option. So I stopped collecting incidents the day before this started. In my main, I kicked off some AD trades the night before.
Plan ahead.

We're stuck on this quest Collect 3 incidents OR Exchange 2 items at the Antiques Dealer because we haven't reached the Early Middle Ages yet where you can unlock technology for the Antiques Dealer to appear and we cannot collect incidents because none have appeared yet. Why don't you start over at the beginning of Forge of Empires and you will understand what new players experience trying to complete quests. This is no big deal. We just need to wait for incidents to appear and hopefully they will. You took all the joy out of my poem.

Last edited by a moderator:

AyeMatey

Yes. It's no big deal. We will just have to wait for incidents to appear because most of us have not reached the Early Middle Ages yet where you unlock tech for the Antiques Dealer to appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.