• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatrikon

So it's "The Polar Express (but don't sue us)" And the conductor was voiced in the movie by Tom Hanks (who also voiced lots of other parts), who also recently played Mr. Fred Rogers in a movie, so that's why the conductor in this event looks like Mr. Rogers in a conductor's hat.

Kranyar the Mysterious

So it's "The Polar Express (but don't sue us)" And the conductor was voiced in the movie by Tom Hanks (who also voiced lots of other parts), who also recently played Mr. Fred Rogers in a movie, so that's why the conductor in this event looks like Mr. Rogers in a conductor's hat.
Quite the stretch there.

The Polar Express wasn't close to the first Christmas train, either fictional or real, and the black train doesn't resemble it anymore than most. The green and red locomotives obviously don't.

If you'd given me a thousand guesses about who the conductor supposedly looks like, I would never have come close to guessing Mr. Rogers.

DeletedUser29360

From what I saw the Train has stats and the carts give bonuses to the initial train. So 8 fp train + 6 (sleeping cars) = 20 fp.

Now use your Blue Galaxy when you collect this 20 fp and you might get 40 fp out of it. :D Or am I incorrect?

Kranyar the Mysterious

From what I saw the Train has stats and the carts give bonuses to the initial train. So 8 fp train + 6 (sleeping cars) = 20 fp.

Now use your Blue Galaxy when you collect this 20 fp and you might get 40 fp out of it. :D Or am I incorrect?
Correct. This event building was basically designed for the Blue Galaxy. At least the methodology and the Sleeper Car.

The other cars are bad no matter what because of their limitations and the fact that there are better options out there without those limitations. 5 goods when doubled is still 5 less than a Sleigh Builder you can place anywhere. There are lots of options for attack that are better.

RazorbackPirate

While there are better options for attack boost per tile, you have to consider all the requirements. Sakura Rock may have better stats per tile when taken in isolation, but you also need to consider that it needs to touch two other Cherry Set pieces, which provide no attack. Once you spread Sakura's attack boost across all the required squares, you'll see that on a per square basis, the Dining Car has better stats.

Remember also that the Sleigh Builder needs a road tile. While it does only require one, the reality of city layout is that most likely, each will get two. So in reality, two Sleigh Builders take up 10 tiles for 20 goods per day. 3 Freight Cars, gives you 15 goods in 9 tiles. Considering the cumulative effect of 36+ tiles requiring no road connections, the train cars have much better stats than a quick tile to tile comparison would reveal.

Enlight

You have to spend 3k diamonds to collect a bunch of junk.... I feel the price shld be lowered to at least 1k diamonds or less...

why would anyone spend diamonds on the event, just play your best and what you get is what you need up with

I mostly only spend diamonds on the negotiations and sometimes the last BP for a GB

DeletedUser41579

havent seen any daily quests yet have the main or rush quest but havent seen a daily
first time this has every happened have done many events

DeletedUser40996

You have to spend 3k diamonds to collect a bunch of junk.... I feel the price shld be lowered to at least 1k diamonds or less...
You don't have to spend them if you don't want to you can get a max train without buying the reindeer stuff (But I bet you'd sing a different tune if you could get a second train and a few upgrades from the reindeer offer)

DeletedUser40996

havent seen any daily quests yet have the main or rush quest but havent seen a daily
first time this has every happened have done many events
You won't get the "daily" quests until you finish the (38? Rush quests)

Kranyar the Mysterious

3 Freight Cars, gives you 15 goods in 9 tiles.
You mean 18 tiles, not 9 don't you? The train cars are 2x3, not 1x3. For this comparison 5 Freight Cars takes 30 spaces (no roads) and gives 25 goods, while 3 Sleigh Builders (with 2 roads each) take 30 spaces and give 45 goods. On good days when the Blue Galaxy doubles the output you would get a few more goods, but on average you would still be behind. That is the reasoning behind only going after the Sleeping Car.

Kranyar the Mysterious

About the reindeer for diamonds, while I'm not a fan of the concept at all, if my luck holds out I may just end up buying it. So far I have a train upgrade, sleeping car, and 50 forge points. A couple more good ones and this may actually be worth 3k diamonds.

DeletedUser41579

and others in guild got them day one as it says in the info on event so have them some dont so its a glitch or something

DeletedUser40996

and others in guild got them day one as it says in the info on event so have them some dont so its a glitch or something
Impossible since the Daily EVENT Quests have never been given out until the main questline is finished ( IE you have the avatar(s) that get rewarded for that particular event)

DeletedUser41579

Quest 41 (gather or donate goods) is the daily quest for today, Dec. 4'th. Once it's completed you should get the come back in X hours message.
that makes sense you all are so awesome i got way confussed happens with age lol thanks for clearing that issue up

DeletedUser30312

There's not really a need to 'plan ahead'. Inno doesn't bother posting the quest list in advance partly because it's not really necessary to do so. I personally feel like it cheapens the experience to know exactly what's coming before it actually happens, but that's just my opinion and there isn't anything wrong with looking it up either.

I like having it handy to know what supply production quests are coming up, so I can prepare them ahead of time. Especially if it's something like 5 or 15 minute productions that I can have the city work on while I'm doing some of the preceding quests.

I'm going to have to look up some building stats here. A 7x3 for the train is pretty long and awkward, and those additional cars only make it worse. I need to compare the stats to get a better picture of how it compares to the other stuff. I'll probably be able to get the base train, but I need to see what these cars do and if they're worth anything. And this event has the new Tactician's Tower already competing with Winter Spire kits, and I'm interested in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.