• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event Help

Algona

This is my first Winter Event. I get the general idea and it seems like fun. I'm hoping some of you vets will share some of your experience here.

I've read the wiki, the first seven quests seem straight forward. I assume there will be one quest each day beyond the seven listed, What were the most difficult quests in past years?

What is the best strategy for spending stars? Spend stars as fast I get them? Save them for the end? Wait on buildings I want? Some thing else or some mixture?

Any hints and help will be appreciated. Thanks!

And may you always open the presents you want.

DeletedUser8152

Save your stars for buildings you really want. Which should be SoKs, reno kits, maybe HoFs.

Usually the hardest quests are to scout a province, win a province, and research a tech. Planning ahead on those can help a lot. (I haven't looked at the quest list yet though, I don't know if those will be included. But I'd try to be ready for them.)

DeletedUser10131

It's also recommended you build blacksmiths as they are 2x2 so small footprint. I build 12 and start 24 research so when you get that quest you'll already have them available

DeletedUser22668

I've completed the first quest of the day in regard getting my population enthusiastic but 'Frosty' hasn't acknowledged this, anybody any ideas?

DeletedUser9184

I've completed the first quest of the day in regard getting my population enthusiastic but 'Frosty' hasn't acknowledged this, anybody any ideas?
Try building and selling a piece of trail (the road).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9184

Thanks for the prompt reply and suggestion, it worked. Appreciated.
No problem :) There is a bug since the game doesn't check happiness' state in quests immediately, and selling a building will force it to check.

DeletedUser22668

No problem :) There is a bug since the game doesn't check happiness' state in quests immediately, and selling a building will force it to check.

Ok, that's good to know for some of us that dip in and out of the 'enthusiastic' band.:) Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18359

Are there a list of the quests available yet, would be good to have.

DeletedUser24346

I won the Winter Market and had a question regarding the placement of it. If I place it now, over the holidays, but then want to remove it at a later date (say until next Christmas), will I get the building placed into storage? Will it disappear forever? Do I "sell" it? I'm sure this has been asked before (and I've tried to search for an answer). Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

DeletedUser17462

I won the Winter Market and had a question regarding the placement of it. If I place it now, over the holidays, but then want to remove it at a later date (say until next Christmas), will I get the building placed into storage? Will it disappear forever? Do I "sell" it? I'm sure this has been asked before (and I've tried to search for an answer). Any help would be appreciated - thanks.
I'm surprised you couldn't find anything. No, you have to sell it. It is impossible to put anything back into your inventory.

DeletedUser24346

I'm surprised you couldn't find anything. No, you have to sell it. It is impossible to put anything back into your inventory.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm still new to searching things on this forum (that was my first post); hopefully I'm more successful in my next attempt. :)

DeletedUser15260

thank you for your help it was the coins, got it thanks again

Czari

I agree with Jaelis. This is my first Winter Event but it's similar to other events in getting tokens (stars in this event) to spend on items. The tricky part of this event is trying to keep an eye on the gift one wants while all the switching is going on so especially due to that little issue, I'm planning to save my stars until I see something I really want for my cities. That gives me better odds of getting it if I have a lot of stars to spend.

Have fun!

Mustapha00

If I am noting things correctly, there are eighteen presents, each costing 10 stars to buy. So you'd need 180 stars in order to be assured of getting the major prize of the day, whatever that might be. The largest package of stars available for purchase is, so far as I've seen, 100 (for 800 Diamonds I think it was). At the current rate of acquiring stars through the Winter Event quests, you'll need roughly 15 days to amass the number of stars needed to guarantee a given day's premium reward, without resorting to using Diamonds, or expending 1600 Diamonds to take the shortcut.
Choose your premium reward carefully.

DeletedUser9433

If I am noting things correctly, there are eighteen presents, each costing 10 stars to buy. So you'd need 180 stars in order to be assured of getting the major prize of the day, whatever that might be. The largest package of stars available for purchase is, so far as I've seen, 100 (for 800 Diamonds I think it was). At the current rate of acquiring stars through the Winter Event quests, you'll need roughly 15 days to amass the number of stars needed to guarantee a given day's premium reward, without resorting to using Diamonds, or expending 1600 Diamonds to take the shortcut.
Choose your premium reward carefully.

You failed to take the shuffle into account so 180 stars doesn't guarantee you the prize you seek.

Algona

Bright side, I think we are getting 21 stars per day. 11 for quest, 10 for the start button.

DeletedUser23516

I'm stuck on Frosty Day 14 quest "Finish each of the 6 production options once". I've been stuck on this quest for 5 days now (or more). I have ALL the production buildings that I can have and it's stuck on 4/6. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Help!!

DeletedUser7289

It's the production time options that you need to complete. So, 1 of each 5 min., 15 min., 1 hr., 4 hr., 8 hr., and 24 hr. Obviously, there are 2 of those times left for you.