• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter!

DeletedUser8152

I am disappointed that Inno has taken the 10 stars out of shuffle and moved them to the town hall.

Not only is it extra, unnecessary clicking/popups (which take forever to pop up) but it also means that we will be punished if we don't collect from the town hall at the same time every single day.
Ah, that is what's going on?

DeletedUser27718

it's hard to 'survive' on a dozen or so stars a day, basically 2 presents/day (or 0 if you try to save stars), it would be nice (like the apple event) to look for Xmas trees in the wilderness for extra stars (or ornaments, or snowmen...), and maybe a little snow whenever a new one generates...and/or...occational stars for AIDing...and/or...a star for each tavern visit you make (to promote that new feature).
LAND...I also agree that LAND should be a prize, I still got many rewards sitting in my inventory that I have no room for...and considering you just expanded all our cities, we need more LAND.
ALSO, will you be giving away the old holiday buildings with an upcoming bonus recharge promotion like you did for Halloween? I didn't know you'd do this, Halloween, and had already finished the Halloween quest by the time I got my graveyard from the promotion, so I was unable to upgrade it. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

The number of stars from the quests will go up as the event continues. And it is perhaps a good idea to save up stars and spend them only on a few days when there is a prize you really want.

Regarding land expansions, that certainly will not happen, but nothing wrong with asking :) There will probably be a day or two when they offer diamonds, you could try to win them and buy a diamond expansion.

Usually they do offer a diamond special where you can obtain the holiday building (in this case, the confectionery). There is no guarantee, but that is what I would expect.

DeletedUser

Please, no more anything in the wilderness to search for with endless clicking. I love the Winter Event's setup with the stars. And saving them up is clearly the smart thing to do, as most daily prizes are worthless. Save the stars for the really good daily prizes, or have a present-opening extravaganza on January 5th! LOL

DeletedUser24552

Will there be an opportunity to trade in our Large Confectionary for a Huge Confectionary? I was very disappointed in the Halloween event, that the Graveyard trade wasn't included this year, and I'm hoping I won't be disappointed again.

DeletedUser9433

Will there be an opportunity to trade in our Large Confectionary for a Huge Confectionary? I was very disappointed in the Halloween event, that the Graveyard trade wasn't included this year, and I'm hoping I won't be disappointed again.
Answer to your question is yes. Also the Graveyard trade/upgrade was included in the Halloween event.

DeletedUser24552

Answer to your question is yes. Also the Graveyard trade/upgrade was included in the Halloween event.
Sadly, although I completed the Halloween event and had my graveyard in my city, I didn't get an opportunity to trade it up to the next level. Here's hoping I'll have better luck with the Winter event.

DeletedUser26660

Some of the special buildings will be good and well worth getting, however my personal opinion about this event is slow and boring, unlike the Summer event with the spinning wheel which I thought was great fun and encouraged us to spend money on diamonds to spin the wheel as you could see the prizes you wanted on the wheel and could try and stop it on the prize you wanted.

DeletedUser10415

The minimum number of sectors that needed to be taken to complete all the Winter Event quests last year was 8. This year it's 10. It should be much less - nearer 4 or 5. Many players will be unable to complete the quests for this event.

DeletedUser

It's likely the Tavern figures in to this, just buy some attack boost. 10 sectors in 36 days without the Tavern boost really isn't very much.

DeletedUser26656

hi
wow lots of info !!
i still desire land as i have gb to build yet not enough land to put them on. 2 now and 1 more very soon!!!
LAND!! i bought the 2 w/ diamonds already hardly enough need to make land more accessible . they did add more ava slots !!
thus the need to upgrade how you can actuality get the land!!! did not think that one though did they!!

DeletedUser26656

hi
on presents!
nice but to hard to get the 1 or 2 you want!
stars to few since 18 presents per day! summer even it was 9 possible per turn !! now 18 ouch
do the math it is like the square of the difference or something like that . any way way hard to get what you want!
many times!!
you can buy it whit diamonds.
they forgot this is the season for GIVING!! 1,275 diamonds to store 1 building??? are you nuts??
if i had to spend 1,275 diamonds to store that building i would; not store it as it must really be very valuable!! oooouuuy..
s/ be 20 diamonds each, and as many as you want. still expensive a Christmas price s/be 5-10 diamonds each!

DeletedUser26656

hi
10 sectors this year!!??
ouch !!
most players will not be able to finish if that is true.
seem like the Grinch has come the Christmas!!!. booo, booo
8 is way more then enough.
4 sectors is plenty!
this is supposed to be fun!! and joyful, not hard and next to impossible......

DeletedUser26656

hi
i just won my watchfire!
it took a few tries , but now i can not get any more until i buy them???
what a ripoff! in the apple event you could buy with the apples you had.
1 watchfire is nice but i need a lot of them as +4% is not a lot in the scheme of things!!
how can i get more without buying them! s/have like apples 10 stars opens as many as you want to get of that item!

DeletedUser8152

If you have more stars, you can keep opening presents until you get the shuffle; then you can try again for the watchfire.

DeletedUser26660

Yes, he could get the shuffle after X number of attempts but even then there would only be one more Watchfire in the new batch of presents, so it works out very expensive to try and get something specific, which I guess is the intention :)

Algona

A subtle but nice change, only one 'Frosty' Button. My 'collect all' does not get pushed off the bottom of the screen. Thanks, INNO!

DeletedUser26660

Here's the wiki link which shows what we can pay for each special buildings in diamonds the next day...1275 diamonds for a store building that can only be used once seems way over the top to me especially considering it can also only be used on limited items, others may think differently.

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Winter_Event