• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter!

qaccy

Here's the wiki link which shows what we can pay for each special buildings in diamonds the next day...1275 diamonds for a store building that can only be used once seems way over the top to me especially considering it can also only be used on limited items, others may think differently.

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Winter_Event

Having prices be based more or less on the actual item is much better than in previous years, when every prize that was buyable the next day cost a flat 2000 diamonds regardless of what it was.

DeletedUser26656

hi
thanks for the info on this event.
i am very disappointed. seems like it is a lot of work and effort for very little prizes...
expensive to get the one or 2 items you want. for me wathcfires i got 10 last event
and 6 this time had to pony up 1,000 diamonds vs 0 diamonds last time.. ouchh!!
strange when you see others with over 100 watchfires!
yet, now it seems as if the game is giving you the world for just one watchfire!

DeletedUser26660

hi
thanks for the info on this event.
i am very disappointed. seems like it is a lot of work and effort for very little prizes...
expensive to get the one or 2 items you want. for me wathcfires i got 10 last event
and 6 this time had to pony up 1,000 diamonds vs 0 diamonds last time.. ouchh!!
strange when you see others with over 100 watchfires!
yet, now it seems as if the game is giving you the world for just one watchfire!

Yes, it does seem with this event that there is an imbalance with things like Watchfires when compared to past events this year, I seem to get Watchfires with GE nowadays which helps greatly, so from that point of view would not shell out for any from Frosty :)

DeletedUser26656

hi
wow you are lucky!!!
i never got a watchfire or victory tower from . guild expd.. i get the cypress tree and other items.. :(
thus the only way i can get them is events! since i need a lot of them it would be nice to get a lot!
got 10 last time w/ no diamonds spent!!
would be great to get 10 more additional w/ diamonds. as i have spent 1,000 diamonds already!

danlgraw

The minimum number of sectors that needed to be taken to complete all the Winter Event quests last year was 8. This year it's 10. It should be much less - nearer 4 or 5. Many players will be unable to complete the quests for this event.
You are correct! I just entered a Provence, now I will have to take control then scout a new Provence and take control of that Provence to complete the quests. That is 30 sectors that really SUCKS!!!

danlgraw

You are correct! I just entered a Provence, now I will have to take control then scout a new Provence and take control of that Provence to complete the quests. That is 30 sectors that really SUCKS!!!
Oh I forgot, Thanks greedy INNO games, no Christmas in "The City".

DeletedUser26656

hi
what happened to our snow?
is it now supposed to snow during the event?>?

DeletedUser26656

hi
i just saw the diamond price for 1 shrine of knowledge!
OUCH!!! 1,700 diamonds each!!!
greedy $$$$$$$$$$$....
it only gives 1 fp per day not 100 forge points.
what is going on???
seems like this is a give then and take more from us.....
what a ripoff!!!!
20 diamonds is plenty again only 1 fp per day!!
you act like you are giving us your first born..
this is the season of giving.
i guess they don't get that....
this will turn many way from the game..
as i have noticed that every time i see something the
best part of enough of it always includes your diamonds!!
spending them is one thing but just to maintain or move 1 tiny step forward is a ripoff!!
very disappointed Mr Grinch!!!

Algona

Well, not really. It's pretty much what they did last year. Winter Event has been more a case of scoring lots of different stuff.

Winter is the wrong Event to try for multiples of a specific building, you might score a couple maybe even three or four of SOK, but prolly not.

If you want lots of a specific building Summer and Fall are good Events. Easter has been good for mass Watchfires.

DeletedUser13838

hi
i just saw the diamond price for 1 shrine of knowledge!
OUCH!!! 1,700 diamonds each!!!
greedy $$$$$$$$$$$....
it only gives 1 fp per day not 100 forge points.
what is going on???
seems like this is a give then and take more from us.....
what a ripoff!!!!
20 diamonds is plenty again only 1 fp per day!!
you act like you are giving us your first born..
this is the season of giving.
as i have noticed that every time i see something the
best part of enough of it always includes your diamonds!!
spending them is one thing but just to maintain or move 1 tiny step forward is a ripoff!!
very disappointed Mr Grinch!!!

SoK is probably the most sought after item of the event. Yes it's only 1 fp but its from a 2x2 building that is prioritized for aid and can't be plundered.

DeletedUser26656

hi
ok thanks have to wait of next event
only got 1 shrine of knowledge.

DeletedUser26656

hi
i am glad it is very pop.
but still only produces 1 fp per day..
how many players are going to pony up 1,700 each??
very few if any.
it may be small but so is a Ferrari not many people have one of those either....

DeletedUser26660

hi
i am glad it is very pop.
but still only produces 1 fp per day..

In addition to an FP a SoK produces coins which when motivated are doubled and if you use the 4 hr boost from the Tavern for 200 silver also boosts the amount another 20%, plus the coins are further boosted if you have St Marks Basilica, at moment I get around 21k coins per SoK per day by using all these, population also comes with a SoK as well albeit small but when you add SoKs together it also helps.

DeletedUser8152

SoKs are very good. I would still not buy them at 1700 diamonds, you can get them for less in other events. Winter event is not the best for getting a lot of one thing.

If you are determined to get a lot of SoKs you'd be better off buying stars and opening presents they day they are offered. You'd end up paying less per SoK (on average, YMMV) and you'd get a bunch of other stuff too.

DeletedUser26660

SoKs are very good. I would still not buy them at 1700 diamonds, you can get them for less in other events. Winter event is not the best for getting a lot of one thing.

Totally agree, 1700 diamonds for a SoK is not worth it, the Summer event with the spinning wheel was a good event for getting multiples of one item at a reasonable rate.

DeletedUser26656

hi
yep you are right they produce coins!
but i have 3.8 millions extra coins so does not help me...
still at 1,750 diamonds i paid 600 diamonds for my expansion slot!
so i will gladly trade you 3 shires of knowledge for 9 pieces of land and 150 diamonds!!!
shine of knowledge are not that great. i did get one after i used 6 tries!
if land is only 600 diamonds compared to shrine of knowledge then i will take land for a prize!!
600 diamonds is expensive . but far better then 1,750! i need land more then i need anything.
thus put land in a as prize. so i can get 1 and then 600 diamonds i can get more land!
expensive way (should be less), but i need them. as they added land to the game,
but no way to get the land the added..