• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Your First Great Building - A Guide Questline For New Players Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser25920

Lady Eg, don't forget that you must have at least 1800 points to be eligible for the OoD quest.
And if I red well the announce it's not BPs you'll have at the end of that quest but the GB itself ready to be built in your town.

According to the announcement the new quests give the BPs (and as this GB does not need goods, the BP's is the only thing needed to build it). I did not read anything anywhere about a points threshold (I see I have a lot more than 1800 on my BA city that so that is not a problem; just curious where this info came from).

I also submitted a ticket to support about this, and what they said was that one has to also research 'Architecture' in IA in order to get the new questline (but I do not want to leave BA in that world). The person from support also claimed that the tech architecture "is needed for access to all GBs (so incl Oracle)" which is not correct. (As architecture merely gives the ability to donate to other player's GBs. One can still donate to their own GBs without it and can of course build GBs without it). So I do not know how much store to put by that reply.

Rereading the announcement it says the questline "... will guide new players through the process of obtaining blueprints and leveling Great Buildings up." So I am guessing this guiding relating to GBs may involve asking to donate to other people's GBs, hence the need for architecture..?

It is a pity the announcement is so unclear on this (says it applies to new players, and only up to mid IA. But it seems it does not apply to BA players? How does that make sense?) Why was it not clearly mentioned that this applies to IA players only (and that architecture is prerequisite) if that is indeed the case? Saying 'new players' is vague, and one would obviously think that being in BA is new enough. Could maybe a moderator find out from Inno what are the specific requirements to get this new questline?

qaccy

@Lady Egwene
While I don't know the exact requirements, I can confirm that the quests appear to players while they're in the Bronze Age. I obtained BPs to build my own (I'm well beyond the point of receiving the quests) from a player who received the quests and built it themselves...in the Bronze Age. So, being Iron is not a requirement. I would assume that you can just keep playing the game and working through quests and they'll show up eventually.

DeletedUser25920

@Lady Egwene
While I don't know the exact requirements, I can confirm that the quests appear to players while they're in the Bronze Age. I obtained BPs to build my own (I'm well beyond the point of receiving the quests) from a player who received the quests and built it themselves...in the Bronze Age. So, being Iron is not a requirement. I would assume that you can just keep playing the game and working through quests and they'll show up eventually.

Great, thanks so much for this info. This would confirm then that one can get the quests in BA, contrary to what someone from support told me (It is not the first time I contact support and what they tell me is incorrect...)

Mzlipstick

It should somehow be availible to higher level players that like to collect great buildings. in a quest or GE prize. At level 10 it's better than a level 10 Notre Dame. Again, for people that like to have all great buildings here should be a better way then searching out bronze age players.

DeletedUser26154

t should somehow be availible to higher level players that like to collect great buildings.

904cbf6800e3dc1707e6d0e4911f92a9.png

Most if not all high-ranked players would not use something like to that because we can get better production from that floor space.

qaccy

@ardak kumerin
To be fair, they did mention 'players who like to collect great buildings'. It's true that there are (much) better ways to use the space as you move up regarding production, but some folks build certain GBs merely because they like the look as well.

That being said, @MzLipstick your best bet for getting BPs for this one if you're not able to get the quests is to keep an eye on global chat for new players looking for friends or even a guild. It's likely that they'll build it at the conclusion of those quests (it's pretty good in Bronze) so it should be a relatively easy opportunity once you find somebody!

DeletedUser31392

The quest forces you to build it, as it takes over the story quest line and is not abortable.

One of the last quests in the line asks you to donate 20 fps to a GB, which can be your own OoD or any others you may already have. The quest prior to that one asks to build the OoD and gives 20fps for free on the bar just for plopping the OoD down (not for getting out of sticks)

Normal Story Quests resume afterwards.

DeletedUser28670

HEHE I was laughing at this, one of my friends, several million points, had nothing better to do.... than get an Oracle of Delphi and level it all by himself through level 5. Literally.... all the FPs in the first 5 levels were all his. :p

DeletedUser26965

HEHE I was laughing at this, one of my friends, several million points, had nothing better to do.... than get an Oracle of Delphi and level it all by himself through level 5. Literally.... all the FPs in the first 5 levels were all his. :p
Noble306 on R leveled a SoZ to 127, all by himself. He went from 101,607 points on July 6 2016 to 5,612,070 points on July 7 2016, one day, and hasn't played since, something fishy going on to say the least and I never could find out what the story was...and no, he doesn't have an Arc either and city and GB's are still there.

Oh but yes the Oracle is meant to be an introductory GB for new players to learn about GB's, just so everyone knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28670

Noble306 on R leveled a SoZ to 127, all by himself. He went from 101,607 points on July 6 2016 to 5,612,070 points on July 7 2016, one day, and hasn't played since, something fishy going on to say the least and I never could find out what the story was...and no, he doesn't have an Arc either and city and GB's are still there.
(conspiracy theory music) that's so weird! Maybe Senior Detective @ardak kumerin can find out will all his connections :p (conspiracy theory music)

DeletedUser31392

I imagined Twilight Zone music when you said that :D

And I saw that guy when I was hopping around one day and was just awestruck by the ridiculous level that I never delved into finding out why it was so high considering the rest of his stuff was so low and his city looked so sad. Still can't believe such a high level Zues with nothing else to show for it

DeletedUser31592

Feedback: Since it rained literally all day long yesterday, I decided to open a new world to test this out. It really needs to be a third quest line, not take over the story or side quest (I forgot to look at which it takes over). It took WAY longer to progress that city than it normally would, if just going by quests. It heads straight into the GB questline, without hitting the C-Map or anything first. Coins because a real issue.

It took me 12 hours to get the Oracle up and the questline complete. I could have done it a bit faster, but I didn't focus my entire day. I didn't hit Smithery until the morning, finally allowing me to guild hop and get some much needed coins.

No opinion on the building just yet. However, as I said, I think heading straight into the GB questline and ignoring the others may be more of a hindrance to newbie players than anything. It should have been added as a third questline.

qaccy

They exploited the game in some way and Inno banned them. Maybe they were generating hundreds of thousands of FP and BPs, maybe they were simply generating levels on the GB itself without actually adding FP to it. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. The complete lack of donators means this was done in much shorter than a day, possibly only a few minutes. This means exploits or 'hacks' were involved here.