• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.79 Feedback

DeletedUser1084

Your posts are being removed because they are off topic and not appropriate for this forum. Also, it is against our policies to post correspondences that players have with support.

DeletedUser10076

I have no idea why some peeps say this will help large guilds. I don't know what you've seen but let me tell you what i've seen.

1. Large guilds(and by that more advanced guilds) have used and abused the free sieges. laying 20, 30, 40 sieges on small guild(less advanced guilds) that dared to defy them. Usually in ages well below what the large guild should be fighting in. B world is full of this. The free siege also gives a distinct advantage to attack while attacking as the besiege guild has two clicks to replace a wounded army, while the attacker has 1.
  2. This 96 hour thing is awesome as well, as it will encourage more head to head fighting among the big boys instead of dancing around each other which is what the big guilds do for the most part. The heavy fighting will lead to movement of the more advanced guilds off the lower age maps and will give breathing room for smaller guilds.
  3. Again I would love it if the shielding thing was completely removed.

DeletedUser26154

I don't know the game well enough to be a good judge of anything yet. Get back to me in a few years.

DeletedUser11251

I like the changes and tank you Inno, a large guild with active participants absolutely should dominate the GvG map (and I'm not in any of them BTW)....that's how the world works and this is after all a "historical" (sort of) based game which is a fantasy extension of the real economy and political of the world. You want to take on the super powerful guilds, it's about gaining a group of active people who will follow your charisma. 2 guilds with equal numbers of active players, one with lots of GvG territory and level 50 vs one with very little GvG territory level 10...the guild without GvG sectors still has the distinct advantage. What this will do is cut out the solo warmongers who want tons of points for themselves and aren't intersted in the social game. And those who are threatening to quit playing...please do :)

lemonwedgie

I like the changes and tank you Inno, a large guild with active participants absolutely should dominate the GvG map (and I'm not in any of them BTW)....that's how the world works and this is after all a "historical" (sort of) based game which is a fantasy extension of the real economy and political of the world. You want to take on the super powerful guilds, it's about gaining a group of active people who will follow your charisma. 2 guilds with equal numbers of active players, one with lots of GvG territory and level 50 vs one with very little GvG territory level 10...the guild without GvG sectors still has the distinct advantage. What this will do is cut out the solo warmongers who want tons of points for themselves and aren't intersted in the social game. And those who are threatening to quit playing...please do :)

Exactly! We are a larger guild but we are NOT a diamond guild, we were once a small guild but stepped up to the plate ... my guildies work their asses off so its only right they should reap the benefits ... but you know, typical of the whiners ... "I think you should give me some of what you worked for cuz otherwise you are being unfair *stamps feet* AND I want a trophy. Just. Because. "

DeletedUser8152

Ah here's a trophy for you lemon ;)

trophy-for-bowling.jpg

DeletedUser14197

Exactly! We are a larger guild but we are NOT a diamond guild, we were once a small guild but stepped up to the plate ... my guildies work their asses off so its only right they should reap the benefits ... but you know, typical of the whiners ... "I think you should give me some of what you worked for cuz otherwise you are being unfair *stamps feet* AND I want a trophy. Just. Because. "

The game started this thread to get peoples opiinion on the changes. So, they are pegged whiners if they complain. However, you are whining about them "whining". How is your whining any better than theirs. The way I see it the game has asked for them to complain if they don't like it, yet they have never asked for another player to complain about others complaining. So from what I see there are lots of whiners: those who dislike aspects of the game, those who dislike the posts from those who dislike something about the game and me, of course. I am definitely whining about those of you who call others whiners, because you make the forum not such a friendly place to express your dislikes.

lemonwedgie

The game started this thread to get peoples opiinion on the changes. So, they are pegged whiners if they complain. However, you are whining about them "whining". How is your whining any better than theirs. The way I see it the game has asked for them to complain if they don't like it, yet they have never asked for another player to complain about them complaining. So from what I see there are lots of whiners: those who dislike aspects of the game, those who dislike the posts who dislike something about the game and me, one who very much dislikes those who call others whiners, and in the process become the biggest whiner of all.

Was waiting for that one ... fyi, I am not whining ... they are ;)

DeletedUser21046

Let us hear your thoughts, concerns, suggestions and feedback for Changelog 1.79.

Your Forge of Empires Team

The Guild Hopping was not a "Loophole" and it made it possible to go up against some of the larger guilds. Whether by Ghosting, Forming Guilds, or Changing Guilds. This is supposed to be a war game and the change was not in 'response' to most people, only those that complained. The 96 hr wait will take much of the Fun of FoE away from me and no I will be just another peon in a Sea of Landholders. You changes make it where all the people will want to join the top guilds and monopolies will abound more than they are now. Boo, I say Boo. This is a horrible change.

Also, there is no clear cutoff time to change guilds for GE. The forum states that GE runs from Tuesday thru Monday. So, when is someone supposed to change guilds and continue playing GE? Is one supposed to wait a week after a guild change? IF so, again, Booo.

You are making it so that one is penalized for changing guilds and favoring the larger guilds. I suppose it's because they have the most diamond players. Boooo

qaccy

The Guild Hopping was not a "Loophole" and it made it possible to go up against some of the larger guilds. Whether by Ghosting, Forming Guilds, or Changing Guilds. This is supposed to be a war game and the change was not in 'response' to most people, only those that complained. The 96 hr wait will take much of the Fun of FoE away from me and no I will be just another peon in a Sea of Landholders. You changes make it where all the people will want to join the top guilds and monopolies will abound more than they are now. Boo, I say Boo. This is a horrible change.

Also, there is no clear cutoff time to change guilds for GE. The forum states that GE runs from Tuesday thru Monday. So, when is someone supposed to change guilds and continue playing GE? Is one supposed to wait a week after a guild change? IF so, again, Booo.

You are making it so that one is penalized for changing guilds and favoring the larger guilds. I suppose it's because they have the most diamond players. Boooo

I'm pretty sure it's not the developers' intent for a player to frequently change guilds in the first place. Plant your flag somewhere and stay put for a while and you wouldn't have to worry about a supposed lack of transparency with cutoff times for things like GE - that you find them frustrating to deal with is kind of the point.

Algona

Also, there is no clear cutoff time to change guilds for GE. The forum states that GE runs from Tuesday thru Monday. So, when is someone supposed to change guilds and continue playing GE?

In the 24 hours between Monday end time and Tuesday start time? From the announcement:

"Expeditions begin automatically every Tuesday and last for 6 days (then they start over with a 1-day gap, much like PvP tournaments). Every player who is a member of a guild and has reached the Iron Age at the time when an Expedition begins, can contribute to the success of their guild during the current Expedition (this means that if you join or create a new guild, you have to wait for the next Expedition to begin - this happens every Tuesday)."

DeletedUser9184

Or: finish all the encounters you can, then switch ;) (For fighters, it shouldn't last more than 3 days if you attack at least 16 times a day. For traders, just stop once you finish level 1; don't even think level 2 is worth the goods spent for the rewards gained.)

DeletedUser21046

In the 24 hours between Monday end time and Tuesday start time? From the announcement:

"Expeditions begin automatically every Tuesday and last for 6 days (then they start over with a 1-day gap, much like PvP tournaments). Every player who is a member of a guild and has reached the Iron Age at the time when an Expedition begins, can contribute to the success of their guild during the current Expedition (this means that if you join or create a new guild, you have to wait for the next Expedition to begin - this happens every Tuesday)."

I changed guilds early Monday Morning and was not allowed to participate in GE. I was told I missed the cutoff for GE and he 96 hour rule was referenced to me in my ticket. Apparently one must move Thu or Fri if they wish to participate in GE. UGH.

DeletedUser21046

changed guilds early Monday morning and was barred form GE. Support told me i missed the cutoff time and referenced 96 hour rule.

DeletedUser10789

I applaud your changes in GvG. Now what can be done in PvP? I feel a limit in the amount of towers you can participate in should be created. Example: I have had a player in my neighborhood now for three months. He is in the Contemporary Era however he fights from CE down to EMA. He has an Alcatraz that is level 13 and nobody in a lower Eras can compete with him. I feel you should be limited to just one or two Era PvP towers. If you fight in two as an example. If you change your troops and attack for another era; you only get global points, but none are recorded for the third PvP tower.

Are you serious.? What a joke, do you know how much work it takes to get your TRAZ and all your GB's up that far.? I highly doubt you would know. Mine is like a Level 17 and I fight in almost all ages. Now to say I can't. You know very little about this game at al, in fact, the TRAZ is one of the best GB's for a reason.

That player must have taken a long time to get to that point and now you want to penalize he/she because they found out the part of the game they enjoy and like to do. That is the beauty of this game, you can be a fighter, a farmer, or a complainer. I have done my fair share of all three and as a leader in a max'd out guild, I lead by example and play 10 worlds and beta for a reason. It sounds to me like you want those who are passionate about the game to tone it down, so you can win something.? Step up your game and learn from that player and NOTHING is stopping you from doing just that. This reminds me of that, I want to get something for nothing and I want the same just for showing up. Well, showing up is learning from players like that and put your money where your mouth is and play the game and EARN your rewards. I have NEVER complained about NOT winning a tower for the week and I have won my fair share of them. So what, there are many many other ways to gain medals and points you know. Also, the troops you fight against is what makes you get more or less points. Watch out now, there will be many complainers about people getting plundered by this lack of finding a REAL SOLUTION to the problems and people will get upset.

I posted about this well over a week ago to voice your opinions about this MESS of an UPDATE. Anyone have any thoughts on how long it will take before they change it again.? Let's see, it all depends on the LACK of revenue that will NO LONGER be generate due to diamonds being spent on GvG. Then changes will happen. For now, we are stuck playing a game that lacks real creativity and a clear vision on how to make the game worth playing. It is sad, MAKE THE RIGHT CHANGES and FIX our servers, the lag, the chat breaks and so much more. No wait, let's punish the guilds who have to do these tactics because they are targeted or the large guilds just want too. Watch and see what comes next. I said it before and I will say it again. It's sad.

Now, you wish you had a leader like me, who leads by example and fights in all the ages to help out the guild. Sure I am able to win the Level 1 GE with my PME and CE troops, even though I am in FE Age, so penalize me because I can fight better than you.? Or I worked my butt off to get my TRAZ up higher. Pay your dues and do the same thing, then whine about a real issue.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser10789

changed guilds early Monday morning and was barred form GE. Support told me i missed the cutoff time and referenced 96 hour rule.

Sorry Enys, that is just BS and it was said that rule only applies to GvG. What does that say about support of the game's own rules, who does not know what is going on. But I know the game needs some serious help and it heading in the wrong direction. I hope the game checks my account to see I am NO LONGER paying for diamonds and with the last or latest event, Soccer Event, wow they had 2 sales already. Does anyone catch on to what is happening here. 2 sales on this event, sales of diamonds must be slow of late. Wake up game, you are hurting the ones who actually support your game.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser20367

Are you serious.? What a joke, do you know how much work it takes to get your TRAZ and all your GB's up that far.? I highly doubt you would know. Mine is like a Level 17 and I fight in almost all ages. Now to say I can't. You know very little about this game at al, in fact, the TRAZ is one of the best GB's for a reason.

It doesn't necessarily take that much work but it does take time. My Traz is almost to level 11 and I've got BPs to unlock another 4 levels. It could be at 13 or 14 if I had continued to concentrate on it but I had other things that I wanted to do with my FP.