• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Temple of Relics Feedback

DeletedUser8152

Cool, so over the whole span, you found 208 relics, when you would expect to find 234. The expected standard deviation is about 15, so you are about 1.7 standard deviations low. The a priori chance to be off by that much or more is about 10%. So that is unlucky, but I wouldn't say by enough to conclude anything.

Slicing up the data into smaller pieces is tricky, because you tend to make the slices based on what you see, and that can produce significant deviations out of random noise. But in the last 10 weeks you got 90 from an expected 108, which is again 1.8 standard deviations low. Again I wouldn't draw any confident conclusions.

Besides the fairly weak deviations from expected, you also have the problem that you decided to post here based on the results you saw. If other people have done this and gotten the expected results or better, they probably didn't feel compelled to write about it. If you'd gotten error probabilities like 0.1%, I would still think there's something fishy going on, but at 10% I feel like it can easily be explained by bad luck and reporting bias.

DeletedUser13838

I haven't looked at your data but I generally only concern myself with uncommon and rare relics. If Inno wants to short me on bps and flower arbors I won't hold it against them. So far I haven't had any complaints though I haven't tracked my results nearly as well as you. My relic is level 17 so I expect 3 uncommon plus rare per week. There's quite a wide range about 1 std deviation over even an 8 week period. At level 25 (the highest level I have the %s for) the expected # of rare/uncommon relics over 8 weeks is 30.88 with a variance of 28.4 so you should see 24 - 36 over 8 weeks roughly 2 thirds the time. You'll still have a 1 in 6 chance of getting less than 24 uncommon/rare over 8 weeks and around a 1 in 40 chance of getting less than 20 in 8 weeks.

DeletedUser26179

Cool, so over the whole span, you found 208 relics, when you would expect to find 234. The expected standard deviation is about 15, so you are about 1.7 standard deviations low. The a priori chance to be off by that much or more is about 10%. So that is unlucky, but I wouldn't say by enough to conclude anything.

Slicing up the data into smaller pieces is tricky, because you tend to make the slices based on what you see, and that can produce significant deviations out of random noise. But in the last 10 weeks you got 90 from an expected 108, which is again 1.8 standard deviations low. Again I wouldn't draw any confident conclusions.

Besides the fairly weak deviations from expected, you also have the problem that you decided to post here based on the results you saw. If other people have done this and gotten the expected results or better, they probably didn't feel compelled to write about it. If you'd gotten error probabilities like 0.1%, I would still think there's something fishy going on, but at 10% I feel like it can easily be explained by bad luck and reporting bias.
So....unlucky.
I do appreciated the statistical analysis though. I enjoyed reading it!

DeletedUser26154

Somewhere I mentioned that those who complain about winning premium decos for prizes get double the amount.

b8083b23bc79a87dd50351a576259518.png

It's true. This is from one week of G.E. and I am not even finished with it.

DeletedUser9375

Did I read somewhere that there is going to be a fourth level of GE? Has it started yet? If so, where is it? Thanks.

DeletedUser25273

There is talk of it coming to Beta, I don't know if the new system has started there or not.

DeletedUser26154

Did I read somewhere that there is going to be a fourth level of GE?

I used to joke about a "Fourth level of G.E." but I heard it's coming as well.
But don't quote me, as I am not a reliable source.

DeletedUser26154

I had a few bad weeks but this week seems better.
Level 1.
I won 2 silver relics for 20 FP and some goods.
Two more relics, a gold and a jade.

27127966540076cd788dc946cf650630.png

Still on level 1.
10 Rogues and an Oasis.

DeletedUser14197

I used to joke about a "Fourth level of G.E." but I heard it's coming as well.
But don't quote me, as I am not a reliable source.

There is supposed to be a fourth level coming which most will find too difficult. It will not be included in the championships, but it will require the guild to pay goods to open it.

DeletedUser26154

There is supposed to be a fourth level coming which most will find too difficult. It will not be included in the championships, but it will require the guild to pay goods to open it.

theres coffee in that nebula.jpg

If the price is paying for the entire roster, like 2 and 3, then it'll never be done.
Best to have it cost nothing to play, since it's for top-tier gamers anyway.

DeletedUser26154

More feedback for what's becoming a good week.
Level 2.
A silver then a gold relic, the gold gave me this.

4555ed613d8f4fce6e2abc5ef0e57b7f.png

I'm not done with level 2 yet.

DeletedUser13838

I received 4 uncommon relics through 28 encounters - 3 watchfires and 200 goods. I also received another 2 flower arbors. Those watchfires look a lot like flower arbors.

DeletedUser14197

I think watchfires still beat flower arbors, though I still have 2 of them in inventory in my main city. I probably have close to 20 of the premium decor for my age in inventory.

DeletedUser26154

A house with a 24 hour collection timer. My favorite.

d4a22a385109f735fa7d438a17aa14fa.png

I'm gonna be needing this soon. Really, I am.

DawnLight the Just

For its size, I have found it almost useless. Most weeks I get nothing from the first two levels (I can't go any higher), when I do get something, it's usually a drive-in sign. Only twice have I gotten a gold relic.