• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser29218

I have a partial method for that:
I use the achievement "Hey, big spender". At the end of each day, I write down the value there. It shows how much FP you used today, and it reset to zero at the start of the new day.
If you record it daily, after a few days you can start to see averages, and you can count the total over a month.

This method works great if you mostly use swaps as the main way. Especially if those are equal swaps.
The main problem with this method is how to calculate your own snipes into other GB's?

It says I've reached the highest tier, but doesn't show me how many I spend, uh. I think for hindcasting writting your GBs and FP reserves at a given time works well enough.
Anyway, what is your goal? Is it simple curiosity, or you want to compare different strategies? For me, I want to make predictions, but in the case of sniping past events don't necesarily correlate into the future.

As for Prisca, according to Cosm... I mean sect leader's spreadsheet, Ind and PE together only takes 2570 FP, so I don't have to guess that much.
If you made use of some tier 1 special buildings, like Cherry and Indian sets, you wouldn't need to have spent FP in FoD and Atomium and your FP production would also be higher. But you do not build them because someone tol... I mean, because you were able to recognise good advice.

The rest of the post doesn't deserve a reply. Also I think I've already said everything I wanted to. As we say in Spain "A buen entendedor pocas palabras bastan" and I've already said too many.

DeletedUser29352

4692 FPs from HMA, sunshine. You have nothing more to say so let’s leave it at that. Face it, your city is hopelessly behind and will never catch up. That is because you have been playing Forge of Empires checkers instead of Forge of Empires chess. You will not be in HMA forever and when you leave, you will discover that you should have been planning ahead. Your city is a mess.

Note: your screenshot showed you have 4000+ FPs, but exaggeration is your strong suit.

DeletedUser29352

I may have lost this message somewhere in the forest here.
How much FP does your city produce over a month? This question is independent of your argument with Prisca...

Also how do you calculate it? What method do you use for it?
I am interested in your thoughts on the RAH. I thought about building one in CA because I had more supply quests than the 40 that the LOA could motivate. I ultimately didn’t build one because I thought that I wouldn’t be doing more than 40 supply quests in later eras. But I am already seeing how hard it is to get supplies in PE. Building and tearing down military buildings has eaten through my stockpile. Do you recommend an RAH because you have more than 40 quests or simply just because supplies are short in ME? I may have to build one after all.

DeletedUser28670

That is because you have been playing Forge of Empires checkers instead of Forge of Empires chess.
Think you're the new Cosmic Raven do you?
To be honest, you have an impressive city, but you're too braggy about it.
Face it, your city is hopelessly behind and will never catch up.
Oh for heaven's sake. With a level 70 arc, don't you think that he could easily build the GBs you have? And level them to your levels?

DeletedUser29352

Think you're the new Cosmic Raven do you?
To be honest, you have an impressive city, but you're too braggy about it.

Oh for heaven's sake. With a level 70 arc, don't you think that he could easily build the GBs you have? And level them to your levels?
Poor dear. Thank you for doing all the research. No, I don’t. And since I will have a level 70 arc in about 10 days, do you think my city will stay the same? Newsflash, it won’t. I am here to say that the basic strategy CR set forth works. And it works better than the bad advice HQS has been spewing on this thread for the last 6 months.

DeletedUser31498

Work stinks here lately, but the Prisca v HQS battle lightens my day! Thanks to both, and please HQS don't leave it at that?

For those that aren't able to span back over 1k messages, is there someone who can provide a very brief summary of the differences in opinion? Does it mostly boil down to simply building/levelling the Arc far earlier than Cosmic had suggested?

DeletedUser27184

Anyway, what is your goal? Is it simple curiosity, or you want to compare different strategies? For me, I want to make predictions, but in the case of sniping past events don't necesarily correlate into the future.
1. I love statistics.
2. It will allow us to compare cities in a more objective way.

But the main reason:
It's basic economics. How can you plan how much FP to invest without knowing what your daily revenue is? Once you know this value, you can plan better.

P.s.
Once you hit the highest level of achievement it become static. You just passed the highest achiv level.

DeletedUser31440

It's basic economics. How can you plan how much FP to invest without knowing what your daily revenue is? Once you know this value, you can plan better.

I'm not sure how accurate that will be for planning purposes. I know that for me I try to reinvest as many of my inventory fp's per day as possible. My total fp's spent on some days will be in the 700 range but of that maybe 100 are going into levelling up my GB's. Is there a method that you have that accounts for the disparity?

DeletedUser27184

I am interested in your thoughts on the RAH. I thought about building one in CA because I had more supply quests than the 40 that the LOA could motivate. I ultimately didn’t build one because I thought that I wouldn’t be doing more than 40 supply quests in later eras. But I am already seeing how hard it is to get supplies in PE. Building and tearing down military buildings has eaten through my stockpile. Do you recommend an RAH because you have more than 40 quests or simply just because supplies are short in ME? I may have to build one after all.
I have LoA level 5.
RaH level 10.
CF level 10.
36 Hatters.
Due to the high level Arc, and the swaps it entails, I do a lot of quests per day (77 FP per quest), on each I add the UBQ.

With the RaH at level 5 I was losing supplies every day. That's why I decided to level the Rah. With level 10 RaH I earn about +300,000 supplies per day. I would guess a RaH level 6-7 would have equalized it all. The LoA by itself wouldn't have been enough.

Alternatives may include:
Maybe a higher level CF, but I don't have enough BP's yet.
Or maybe just the RaH level 10, without the LoA.

DeletedUser27184

I'm not sure how accurate that will be for planning purposes. I know that for me I try to reinvest as many of my inventory fp's per day as possible. My total fp's spent on some days will be in the 700 range but of that maybe 100 are going into levelling up my GB's. Is there a method that you have that accounts for the disparity?
I am not sure what disparity you have.

Just to understand you better:
Do you swap FP's? If so what amount? (just rough numbers to allow us to understand each other).
Do you snipe FP's? If so what amount?
Do other snipe into your buildings, and under what terms (mutual snipe, 1.8 minimal value and you fill the rest of the FP, et cet)?

DeletedUser31440

Do you swap FP's? If so what amount? (just rough numbers to allow us to understand each other).
Do other snipe into your buildings, and under what terms (mutual snipe, 1.8 minimal value and you fill the rest of the FP, et cet)?

I will put all my hourlies and produced into swaps on my GB's, all my 2 and 5 fp packs go into swaps as well, my 10 fp packs go into sniping. Depending on the previous day's snipes my 2 and 5 packs can vary dramatically day to day, and the amount spent the previous day can change drastically as well.

DeletedUser29352

I am maxed out so it doesn’t work for me. But I might invest 1100 points in the single GB and lose 75 just to help someone. Or I might put in 60 and make a profit of 45. It is a neat idea, but I’m not sure what I would do with it. On the RAH front, I may have to build that after all. I did a huge number of quests in CA and I could always do the UBQ with just a lvl 10 LoA and a tavern boost. I can’t do any UBQs in PE right now

DeletedUser27184

I will put all my hourlies and produced into swaps on my GB's, all my 2 and 5 fp packs go into swaps as well, my 10 fp packs go into sniping. Depending on the previous day's snipes my 2 and 5 packs can vary dramatically day to day, and the amount spent the previous day can change drastically as well.
If I read this correctly, you do about 100 FP a day in swaps, and you probably have around 2000FP in snipes and packs?

Lets say that at the beginning of the month you had 2000 in your own FP packs + snipes (i.e. sum of all your FP in other GB's due to snipe and not swap).
You swap for a 100 FP every day.
At the end of the month, you had 3000 FP in your packs+snipes.

It means you produced 4000FP this month. 100*30+3000-2000. That's how efficient your city is in regard to FP production. Put this in a table as the months pass, and you have your city growth.

Note: I assume equal swap values for the above.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27184

I am maxed out so it doesn’t work for me. But I might invest 1100 points in the single GB and lose 75 just to help someone. Or I might put in 60 and make a profit of 45. It is a neat idea, but I’m not sure what I would do with it.
I agree that it's a challenge to math a free spirit. But its doable. Mostly you have to track what you do and use basic economics. The tracking part is boring, especially for a free spirit.

On the RAH front, I may have to build that after all. I did a huge number of quests in CA and I could always do the UBQ with just a lvl 10 LoA and a tavern boost. I can’t do any UBQs in PE right now

As a side note - I noticed that I use the recurring quests more lately. Some of the daily challenges can be answered by running through a few UBQ quickly.

But the main point that I would like to return to, is that you said that currently you have a supply bottle neck in your supply mechanism, evident by you not being able to run as many UBQ's as needed (a quintessential canonical rule).

So, you currently have an issue with supply. Why not build a RaH and level it to level 4? That's small amount of FP which can be leveled up in a few days and it will break the supply bottleneck.

DeletedUser27184

After a couple of weeks of Daily Challenges, it seems like a good balanced HQS city can do those quite easily.
The hardest quests are the production, which the city have in abundance. goods production is very high. GE should be on farm (my opinion) and so allow for easy fight/negotiation/defeat quests.
True, you have to play around the quests, but so far seems like HQS city have a singular and strong advantage with DC's.

DeletedUser29352

I agree that it's a challenge to math a free spirit. But its doable. Mostly you have to track what you do and use basic economics. The tracking part is boring, especially for a free spirit.

As a side note - I noticed that I use the recurring quests more lately. Some of the daily challenges can be answered by running through a few UBQ quickly.

But the main point that I would like to return to, is that you said that currently you have a supply bottle neck in your supply mechanism, evident by you not being able to run as many UBQ's as needed (a quintessential canonical rule).

So, you currently have an issue with supply. Why not build a RaH and level it to level 4? That's small amount of FP which can be leveled up in a few days and it will break the supply bottleneck.
I don’t have issues with math, but it I know that it would be a futile exercise. Right now I am not in a guild and I do not have any swaps — no wonder my progress is slow of late! — so my FP production is almost entirely a function of snipes. But this has always been the case to a certain degree. I certainly could use your methodology and produce results, but it would be a fool’s errand. My FP numbers would bear no relationship to the FP production capabilities of my city. The results would largely be a function of who I have visited and how often. I recognize that conceptual thinking can be challenging for the numerically-oriented sorts, but sometimes it is useful to focus on the forest rather than the trees.

On the RAH front, I may take your advice when I move to ME.

DeletedUser29352

Okay, I am going to try 65 hatters and see what happens with supplies.

DeletedUser26120

Hi guys, I am trying to get the 2nd recurring questline to appear. I think I am at a critical juncture.

I have just conquered the 2nd LMA deposit, along with the 3 provinces after it. Now I have 3 scout options, 2 of them are in the 30,000s range (expected upcoming CA provinces) but one is 13,000. I'm assuming that is a bonus questline?

Is it the recurring questline province? Do I scout it first? I am at the beginning of CA tech tree and I know there's a specific order to things to get the 2nd recurring before you get to indy.

Advice appreciated, thank you.

My current story quest is "damsel in distress" - scout province south of cragshire/infiltrate 2 sectors of that province. Have cleared monastery storyline.