• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

Algona

WARNING! none of the following is confitmed, just my observations so far.

Been experimenting, mostly with external circumstances and when I select the Chest. I cant condirm any of this, due to small sample size, rabdomness, blibbity blabbity boogery. Take from this what you will, I don't guarantee any of this, just what I have seen so far.

DCs are fairly easy to manipulate. INNO promised no impossible quests, and so far not only has this held true, but you can use it to your advantage. Kinda like the hood ranking system A bit of thought, understanding, experimentation, and patience go a long way.

Like GE oriented quests? Don't go too far in GE, GE oriented quests stop when you complete (get near?) the end of lvl 3.

If you acquire all Scoutred Provinces.you will not be given CMap quests.

Waiting until much later on the 24 hour timer to select a chest eliminates the longer production quests, the get high amounts of Tavern Silver, sit at high amounts of Taverns, the higher win X battles and kill X units.

I'm still experimenting mostly with external factors/ Please suggest ideas on experiments you'd like me to try.

----------

So far seems like DCs are a natural for campers. The less you are progressing, the easier the DCs get.

I see DCs as a real neat tool for lower Era cities that are not mature. My startup has nailed around 300 extra FP over the last 3 weeks.

Anybody reasonably advanced, say PME and above with a mature city that is taking DCs seriously? I'm not in my main city. There's nothing they offer other then the 100 FP Quest that interests me. I am opening the DCs to gather data but don't care if I complete them. Kinda like Incidents, I don;t hunt for them

Anyway, just further thoughts on DCs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29623

If one chooses to play DC and finds that the required tasks are difficult (and yes they can be - I missed a tavern coin collection task by a few coins even after trying until the 24 hours expired to get others to sit at my tavern and visiting those that had space) you are set back on the 7/7 goal. Who wants to spent a day on impossible tasks or even doable tasks and then to get some lousy unit, decoration or a few FPs. The rewards need to be adjust. Not everybody luck is lucky. Maybe state what the tasks will be before we accept the daily challenge. Don't penalize if challenge is not accepted. The reward for 7/7 should not be luck of prizes ranging from good to worthless.

It’s a luck-based event. By definition, it doesn’t distribute awards evenly. Don’t expect to win the rare prizes and you won’t be disappointed. There is never a day when you can’t use extra FPs, and that’s the best way to view this feature, as a way to win extra FPs and medals every day.

RaveWolf

A must say that I'm kinda sitting on the fence with the Daily Challenge Concept... It's not bad and there is nothing wrong with a challenge, but some of them are beyond insane.

The issue I have is it forces you (due to lack of space) to delete building to hopefully build new ones or the same ones again, and pray they complete within the time frame, only to waste valuable Coins, Supplies or for some poor soul,... Diamonds, just to get a miserable few FP's, which are not worth nearly the amount you just spent or deleted in the hopes of "maybe" getting something good.

If I wanted to gamble, I would have joined Bingo, or some other Gambling game.
To close off, IMHO, you are 99% guaranteed to lose more than the value of the prize, even if you Win the big prize!!

Freshmeboy

Right now, I pay 83K per fp, Ravewolf, and I'm sure I'm on the low end here....Coins and supplies aren't really that valuable but fps are. Burning down a few buildings and rebuilding them is a simple feat for a prize of 10 fps. I jump through more hoops finding an outside GB to snipe for a 2 point profit...It's a matter of perspective...

RaveWolf

Right now, I pay 83K per fp, Ravewolf, and I'm sure I'm on the low end here....Coins and supplies aren't really that valuable but fps are. Burning down a few buildings and rebuilding them is a simple feat for a prize of 10 fps. I jump through more hoops finding an outside GB to snipe for a 2 point profit...It's a matter of perspective...

Fair enough,... even though I'm on OF, I'm only paying 41K per FP, but I still feel that some of the tasks that one has to go through is not worth the effort. I have almost 800M Coins, so doesn't really phase me yet.
I'd love to know what the lower Age/Era players are requested to complete in order to complete their challenges.

DeletedUser31440

The issue I have is it forces you (due to lack of space) to delete building to hopefully build new ones or the same ones again, and pray they complete within the time frame

Set and known amount of time left in the Daily Challenge, set and known amount of time to build a building; where do the prayers come into play, and has whatever deity your praying to managed to speed up the building time or extend the daily challenge yet?

RaveWolf

Set and known amount of time left in the Daily Challenge, set and known amount of time to build a building; where do the prayers come into play, and has whatever deity your praying to managed to speed up the building time or extend the daily challenge yet?

Seriously??? Don't stretch this out into other little smaller kiddie arguments...
I'm sure you get the general point I'm trying to make here!!
I'm not going respond to yapping, ankle biting Chihuahuas.

DeletedUser

I'd love to know what the lower Age/Era players are requested to complete in order to complete their challenges.
I've been doing Daily Challenges in 4 cities, from Future Era down to HMA (now LMA) and the Challenges are pretty similar in all of them. Numbers are scaled with era/age, but the substance of the challenges is very similar if not exactly the same.

RaveWolf

Seriously, if you have something to complain about complain about it, don't make up random untruths to complain about.

I came here to express my opinion and to perhaps get the opinion of others... Which is what this Forum is for!!
What I DID NOT come here for is public backlash or slandering.

If you have some constructive criticism to dish out, then, by all means, dish it out. Respectfully!!
There is no need to rip it out on contents and go down an unrelated path.

If the wording in my original post is not 100% to your liking, and you can't understand the general just of the statement, then I'm sorry for you.
I can't be perfect all the time, I have to give others a chance too once in a while. ;)

RaveWolf

I've been doing Daily Challenges in 4 cities, from Future Era down to HMA (now LMA) and the Challenges are pretty similar in all of them. Numbers are scaled with era/age, but the substance of the challenges is very similar if not exactly the same.

Good to know.
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

DeletedUser31440

I came here to express my opinion and to perhaps get the opinion of others... Which is what this Forum is for!!
What I DID NOT come here for is public backlash or slandering.

If you have some constructive criticism to dish out, then, by all means, dish it out. Respectfully!!
There is no need to rip it out on contents and go down an unrelated path.

If the wording in my original post is not 100% to your liking, and you can't understand the general just of the statement, then I'm sorry for you.
I can't be perfect all the time, I have to give others a chance too once in a while. ;)

My problem with your original post is that you treat known variables that can be easily found out and accounted for, time left in DC and time to complete construction of a building, as random variables that you can't account for. If you actually thought that, which apparently you don't, then my original post while snarky should have helped you to understand that you can plan and account for that portion of the DC. I'm sorry that I am unable to read your mind and know that while you are clearly saying one thing you in fact meant something completely different.

DeletedUser31498

Fair enough,... even though I'm on OF, I'm only paying 41K per FP, but I still feel that some of the tasks that one has to go through is not worth the effort. I have almost 800M Coins, so doesn't really phase me yet.

Would be interested in your production/battle/etc requirements,

I have 2 IA cities, and mine tend to be on average
production: 3 8-hour or 8 or so 4-hour, 13 1-hour productions
enemies defeated: around 20 usually
Win 6 battles
Supplies/gold/FP/Goods are very, very low
Sector map is extremely annoying, as I'm saving up for Forge Bowl and sometimes have had to acquire FIVE sectors for one DC

RaveWolf

Would be interested in your production/battle/etc requirements,

I have 2 IA cities, and mine tend to be on average
production: 3 8-hour or 8 or so 4-hour, 13 1-hour productions
enemies defeated: around 20 usually
Win 6 battles
Supplies/gold/FP/Goods are very, very low
Sector map is extremely annoying, as I'm saving up for Forge Bowl and sometimes have had to acquire FIVE sectors for one DC

To be honest, I'm actually playing catch up on my GB's. I never realised the importance of the GB's until it was too late, and I've only played on one Server and in one Guild. So I'm more of a production player rather than an fighter at the moment...
If I were to decide to play on a new server, I would have a completely different strategy.
I have about 20 Production buildings plus my GB's... I receive more Coins and Supplies, than I actually require, which is awesome as I never have to worry about any of that.

My issue (with the Daily Quest), (Let's hope I get it straight and clear) is that they have very high requests, like 20,000 Happiness or Population... (Just as an "Example")

To explain my scenario (Keeping in mind that everyone's scenario is different)...
There is still room for more expansions, but my usable space is maxed out, I have more population than I currently require, I have over 9,000 additional Happiness, etc...

For me to complete either a Population or Happiness task, I'd have to try and figure out what I can delete (possibly forfeiting whatever I could have collected at the end of it's cycle), then determine what I can build within the required time frame.
Sector map is a pain too, especially when doing seasonal or historical quests, as it interferes with the requirements. In the last challenge ended up completed 3 Provinces, just to complete all my tasks.

The costs involved for the hopes of winning something Awesome, and only coming out with a Palm tree or 10FP's maybe 98% of the time (PLEASE don't quote me on the percentage as I don't know the Actual Figures, It's just an example) of the time, which I can just buy anyway, is just not worth it (For Me!!)... Maybe for others, but not me!!

DeletedUser31440

My issue (with the Daily Quest), (Let's hope I get it straight and clear) is that they have very high requests, like 20,000 Happiness or Population... (Just as an "Example")

To explain my scenario (Keeping in mind that everyone's scenario is different)...
There is still room for more expansions, but my usable space is maxed out, I have more population than I currently require, I have over 9,000 additional Happiness, etc...

For me to complete either a Population or Happiness task, I'd have to try and figure out what I can delete (possibly forfeiting whatever I could have collected at the end of it's cycle), then determine what I can build within the required time frame.
Sector map is a pain too, especially when doing seasonal or historical quests, as it interferes with the requirements. In the last challenge ended up completed 3 Provinces, just to complete all my tasks.

The costs involved for the hopes of winning something Awesome, and only coming out with a Palm tree or 10FP's maybe 98% of the time (PLEASE don't quote me on the percentage as I don't know the Actual Figures, It's just an example) of the time, which I can just buy anyway, is just not worth it (For Me!!)... Maybe for others, but not me!!

For happiness have you tried deleting and rebuilding roads? For the population requirements it is going to be like you said, you'll have to weigh the pros and cons of deleting buildings to free up the population and decide if completing the DC is in your best interest for that day.

RaveWolf

For happiness have you tried deleting and rebuilding roads? For the population requirements it is going to be like you said, you'll have to weigh the pros and cons of deleting buildings to free up the population and decide if completing the DC is in your best interest for that day.

Yes I have considered roads, but the cost of roads would be much higher than two or three buildings.
Using roads, is insanely illogical.

Provided my calculations are correct...

Alloy Walkway which is the highest available to me... Provides: 150 Happiness
and Costs:
Coin = 34,400
Supplies = 64,500

Let's assume the DC task requires 10,000 Happiness.

That works out to about 66.67 Roads.
My Total cost would then be:
Coin = 2,293,448
Supplies = 4,300,215

Is it really worth spending 2,293,448 Coins and 4,300,215 Supplies just for a Palm Tree that only provides 131 Happiness in OF, or maybe 10FP's that will only cost me 423,750 Coins (at my current price per FP)???

---

Let's even assume the DC task requires 1,000 Happiness.

That works out to about 6.67 Roads.
Coin = 229,448
Supplies = 430,215

Is it really worth spending 229,448 Coins and 430,215 Supplies just for a Palm Tree that only provides 131 Happiness in OF, or maybe 10FP's that will only cost me 423,750 Coins (at my current price per FP)???

Right now, one of my tasks is for 20,000 Happiness!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser29623

Just got my second weekly chest, so one in each city so fa. It was two Store Buildings: not exciting, but I do use them. The other world I’m going to lose a point because no way am I going to defeat 30 units.

It feels pretty balanced to me. I get enough good stuff for it to be worth doing, but I’m also Ok if somedays I get set back because I don’t want to do the battles or advance on the map. It’s kind of the luck of the draw what sort of quests you get and whether it’s enough good ones in a row to win seven. But I always get some medals and FPs out of it.

DeletedUser31440

Yes I have considered roads, but the cost of roads would be much higher than two or three buildings.
Using roads, is insanely illogical.

Provided my calculations are correct...

Alloy Walkway which is the highest available to me... Provides: 150 Happiness
and Costs:
Coin = 34,400
Supplies = 64,500

Let's assume the DC task requires 10,000 Happiness.

That works out to about 66.67 Roads.
Coin = 2,293,448
Supplies = 4,300,215

Is it really worth spending 2,293,448 Coins and 4,300,215 Supplies just for a Palm Tree that only provides 131 Happiness in OF, or maybe 10FP's that will only cost me 423,750 Coins (at my current price per FP)???

---

Let's even assume the DC task requires 1,000 Happiness.

That works out to about 6.67 Roads.
Coin = 229,448
Supplies = 430,215

Is it really worth spending 229,448 Coins and 430,215 Supplies just for a Palm Tree that only provides 131 Happiness in OF, or maybe 10FP's that will only cost me 423,750 Coins (at my current price per FP)???

IMHO, you also need to factor in the time to complete and how much you value getting the point towards the Challenger cup. For me about 50% of the DC's aren't worth completing, so I don't complete them. I just don't really see that as the DC needing to change it's just that I've made the decision to prioritize my general strategy over completing the DC. It's another layer of strategy in a strategy game to me, I just make the choice and don't feel the need to complain that my choice causes me to miss out on free goodies.

DeletedUser32847

I hate having to "Acquire Sectors" as part of the Daily Challenge. I and others that I've talked to do NOT want to expand that quickly. I really wish that was removed for the Dailys. It's bad enough that we have to do it for quests and events