• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser

On none of my worlds will I go past the first sector quest. Sets are not worth going out of your way for, especially large and clunky ones like this.

DeletedUser31592

This was changed awhile back, I believe around the time of the new quest windows. Things like lanterns used to come from town hall but would constantly be in flux due to individuals collection times, some people missing out on the final days if they were late prior.

Instead it was changed to be collected from the quest giver window itself at server time midnight so that it remained constant for everyone and ran independent of your collections/collection cycle. One of the better recent changed IMHO.

I've been sitting out events- can you tell? I knew I collect them from the event window, but I never paid attention to the town hall. So when they asked, I answered with what I remembered from the past.

Thanks for clarifying!

DeletedUser31592

Eh,, from what I understand, beta is for working out bug's and such, not change a quest from doing 10 4 hour productions to 12 4 hour ones.

They often tweak the quests. Beta isn't just for bugs, but for overall feedback. Some they listen to, some they don't.

Algona

Sets are not worth going out of your way for

SoK density FP production. TS denisty Goods production, Attack bonis. Defense bonus. Happiness, Coins, Supplies, Medals.

Sure it can be plundered. Oh, wait. I don't get plundered.... And it's not sucking down a half dozen Aids.

But that's just my Colonial Ciy, it seems pretty obvious to me that Sets can be quite good for expanding cities. Not excited about it for my Main; maybe that;s a mistake?

----------

Remember Ardak? He has a dozen+ Palace Sets and another dozen+ Fountain Sets.

----------

After the last Summer Event I mentioned one Friend I met in our CE hood in MK who had 20+ Palaces. At the time i was around 5 Meg RP, they were around 8 Meg RP.

9 months later I'm at 12 Meg. They're at 37 Meg. 6 GBs lvl 50+. i've got one. I've got 36 SoK. They have 7.

They tore down all their Fountains and a few Palaces.and replaced them with a dozen+ Athletic Quarters and another 20+ Winner's Plazas. No, I have no idea why. I don't think on that grand a scale.

Their city has an even more odd look at this moment. 15 partially built lvl 2 Cherry Blossom Sets.

Sets are not worth going out of your way for

Yeah.

DeletedUser

SoK density FP production. TS denisty Goods production, Attack bonis. Defense bonus. Happiness, Coins, Supplies, Medals.

Sure it can be plundered. Oh, wait. I don't get plundered.... And it's not sucking down a half dozen Aids.

But that's just my Colonial Ciy, it seems pretty obvious to me that Sets can be quite good for expanding cities. Not excited about it for my Main; maybe that;s a mistake?

----------

Remember Ardak? He has a dozen+ Palace Sets and another dozen+ Fountain Sets.

----------

After the last Summer Event I mentioned one Friend I met in our CE hood in MK who had 20+ Palaces. At the time i was around 5 Meg RP, they were around 8 Meg RP.

9 months later I'm at 12 Meg. They're at 37 Meg. 6 GBs lvl 50+. i've got one. I've got 36 SoK. They have 7.

They tore down all their Fountains and a few Palaces.and replaced them with a dozen+ Athletic Quarters and another 20+ Winner's Plazas. No, I have no idea why. I don't think on that grand a scale.

Their city has an even more odd look at this moment. 15 partially built lvl 2 Cherry Blossom Sets.

Yeah.
I like SoKs and Tribal Squares better than any set. Once they're motivated they can't be plundered, and you can move one without messing up the timers on others. Plus, you can store one or more to make temporary room for other needs without affecting any of the rest. Much more flexibility. Plus, if they aren't motivated I don't care if they get plundered. (But they always get motivated.) And what would you rather have your aid sucked down by?

Oh, and your friend that jumped up in ranking points? Obviously a mega-Diamond spender, so his "progress" is irrelevant except to other mega-Diamond spenders.

Algona

I like SoKs and Tribal Squares better than any set....

My apologies, this response makes it clear I should have asked a question first or I should have specified why I objected to what I quoted. So I'll do both now..

My objection to what I quoted is exactly one word:

Sets are not worth going out of YOUR way for

If your speaing for yourself, or had said, "Sets are not worth going out of my way for" I would not have bothered responding. There's not a lot there worth arguing about, I sure as hell won't waste my time arguing with you about your play decisions in this matter.

If you are giving generic advice to the readers then I disagree and as such wrote my response based on that.

Which one did you mean to say?

DeletedUser

My apologies, this response makes it clear I should have asked a question first or I should have specified why I objected to what I quoted. So I'll do both now..

My objection to what I quoted is exactly one word:

If your speaing for yourself, or had said, "Sets are not worth going out of my way for" I would not have bothered responding. There's not a lot there worth arguing about, I sure as hell won't waste my time arguing with you about your play decisions in this matter.

If you are giving generic advice to the readers then I disagree and as such wrote my response based on that.

Which one did you mean to say?
Either one works for me. That is my playing choice and it is also my advice based on the reasons I shared.

Dryke

a lot of complain at Beta about this event..
the daily special chance is too low.. this year 20% daily special chance with trash more than 20%..
last year 25% of daily special chance with trash less than 25%..

I don't understand why you make this event worse and less of fun? and I thought Inno is listening to players.. but now what?

This.

Too low of a chance, too much trash, not nearly enough lanterns to have a reasonable chance to finish a set without serious luck, and WAY too high a cost in diamonds to get more lanterns.

I bought one of the big lantern deals and blew ALL of it trying to get one set item. Then the RNG kicked my tail again just 10 minutes ago while I tried to get a different item and totally failed on three worlds. I can see there is not a realistic chance i will be able to finish this set with any degree of confidence on most of my worlds without throwing down a ridculous amount of diamonds, which isnt going to work for me. Totally turned off by this event now, which is sad because I thought the whole upgrade twist on an old set was clever and intriguing. Too bad it had to get ruined with stingy reward rates and gouging prices.

DeletedUser29623

At this point, it seems like complaints about special event set pieces have become pretty generic and all the same. But I do think Inno should reconsider the price of lanterns. I would actually consider buying them if they gave twice as much for the diamonds asked. I will never consider it when they’re so costly.

Algona

Either one works for me. That is my playing choice and it is also my advice based on the reasons I shared.

Then my post stands. Ypi're giving advice that is demonstrably wrong for a lot of players.

The set here can be valuable for newer players and cities that have need more FP production.

And obviously players who can afford such see a value in them as well.

In addition the number of people who have posted their disappointment in this and previous feedback threads demonstrates that a lot of people see value in sets.

So while I can completely agree with thisL

Sets are not worth going out of MY way for

This is just plain bad advice to wat too many people:

Sets are not worth going out of YOUR way for

Graviton

At this point, it seems like complaints about special event set pieces have become pretty generic and all the same. But I do think Inno should reconsider the price of lanterns. I would actually consider buying them if they gave twice as much for the diamonds asked. I will never consider it when they’re so costly.

I've had mixed luck. On one world I seem to get the daily prize with one or two chests. On another world I've yet to win even one.

However, I don't think a guarantee that everybody wins everything is the way to go either. Welcome to the Participation Trophy Generation.

DeletedUser

This is just plain bad advice to wat too many people:
While I respect your opinion, that is exactly what this is...your opinion, not a fact. My opinion differs. And while it may not be advice that is applicable to everyone, it is not "bad" advice. Nor is yours "bad" advice. Both are simply informed advice from two different perspectives.

spnnr

Looking at the philosophical debate between Algona and SL it is interesting as it reflects the general debate about sets and their effectiveness compared to other buildings already in the game.
tiger_dragon_yin_yang_by_stitchfan001.jpg
I used to be a big fan of sets until I grew fed up with all the pieces of the Christmas one though I still appreciate the Spring set and a few others as its useful for players like myself without the option of using more "efficient " buildings . I am struggling with this event myself as its a bit frustrating getting event kits based on the odds attached to each one in-conjunction with the hoops one has to jump through to complete quests to earn Blossoms.

I like the idea of upgrades but this event is long in quests (62) and maybe the tedium of DCs have reduced my appreciation of the completing "In a production building, finish the fastest production option 15 times" and "In a production building, finish a 1-hour production 15 times" or "Acquire 2 sectors without fighting OR defeat 40 units in battle" and "Pay some supplies".
main-qimg-1e88258b0112ce5d189e8bb1df404f07-c
I would have expected that easier quests would be up first and the difficulty would scale as you move up to help players gain a foothold instead its filled with a hodgepodge of redundant tasks which seems to have not been arranged to increase players participation. Don't get me wrong I like the mechanism of this event rather than the crap-shoot that the neighborhood events were but the quest's themselves may lead to more players halting early rather than buying diamonds.

So Steady as she goes !

Algona

your opinion, not a fact.

Two questions, boss.

Name 2 ways a player can get SoK density FP Production, TS Goods Production, Attack Bonus Defense Bonus and RQ significant Coins and Suopllies as well as MEdals? And you got to do it in 30 Tiles or less.

How good does this Set look next year if INNO tacks on another level?

DeletedUser

Two questions, boss.

Name 2 ways a player can get SoK density FP Production, TS Goods Production, Attack Bonus Defense Bonus and RQ significant Coins and Suopllies as well as MEdals? And you got to do it in 30 Tiles or less.

Everything this set provides can be gotten elsewhere without sacrificing flexibility in city design. You choose to ignore the flexibility and invulnerability to plunder of the SoK and Tribal Squares, both of which provide RQ significant coin production. And you can get plenty of attack/defense boosts in other ways without tying your city down to a large collection of set pieces that have to be set up in very specific ways in order to produce every bonus. As I said, you gave your advice, I gave mine. It's up to the individual players as to which they choose to follow. I personally have had this set in multiple cities and chose to delete it in every one of them.

Incidentally, I ain't your boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

You choose to ignore the flexibility and invulnerability to plunder of the SoK and Tribal Squares, both of which provide RQ significant coin production.

You're in how many Guilds? How many of your players complain about getting plundered how often?

You've had sets since they came out, how often do they get plundered? Have you checked with your Guildies to see how ofren their sets get plundered?

And you can get plenty of attack/defense boosts in other ways without tying your city down to a large collection of set pieces that have to be set up in very specific ways in order to produce every bonus.

The Garden set has to be placed in a pretty precise formation. Is that an important factor? What about the Palace and Fountains? There was fascinating discussions for optimizing multiples of those. Is that an important factor?

Let;s talk numbers.

What;s 'large' and 'plenty'?

How many FP and Goods and Medals and Coins and Supplies and Attack Bonus and Defense Bonus can you produce in 30 tiles?

As I said, you gave your advice, I gave mine.

You;re the one giving blanket advice to everyone. I'm demonstrating your advice is possibly wrong for at least some players bu showing some players who disagree and by asking you questions.

I personally have had this set in multiple cities and chose to delete it in every one of them.

You didn;t answer my question from the last post so I'll ask it again.

Think about that when you're telling your n00b guildies that the set isn't worth it.

DeletedUser

You're in how many Guilds? How many of your players complain about getting plundered how often?

You've had sets since they came out, how often do they get plundered? Have you checked with your Guildies to see how ofren their sets get plundered?

The Garden set has to be placed in a pretty precise formation. Is that an important factor? What about the Palace and Fountains? There was fascinating discussions for optimizing multiples of those. Is that an important factor?

Let;s talk numbers.

What;s 'large' and 'plenty'?

How many FP and Goods and Medals and Coins and Supplies and Attack Bonus and Defense Bonus can you produce in 30 tiles?

You;re the one giving blanket advice to everyone. I'm demonstrating your advice is possibly wrong for at least some players bu showing some players who disagree and by asking you questions.

You didn;t answer my question from the last post so I'll ask it again.

Think about that when you're telling your n00b guildies that the set isn't worth it.
I'm starting to wonder why you're so hung up on this. I'm not worried about next year. Today's got enough troubles of its own. And just like here, I express my opinion to my guild mates and let them choose what to do with it. They are free to ignore it. As are you, although you seem to feel like I shouldn't give it at all. You're starting to remind me of Cosmic Raven in this thread. You apparently only want newbies to have your perspective for some reason.

Since you're asking about players getting plundered, maybe you should check out the "Plunder Progress" thread and count how many plunderers salivate at the sight of Palace sets. They don't do that with SoKs or Tribal Squares. And the complaints I've heard in-game from guild mates have never mentioned SoKs or Tribal Squares, either. Goods buildings and set pieces, yes, but never SoKs or Tribal Squares.

DeletedUser32328

Since you're asking about players getting plundered, maybe you should check out the "Plunder Progress" thread and count how many plunderers salivate at the sight of Palace sets. They don't do that with SoKs or Tribal Squares. And the complaints I've heard in-game from guild mates have never mentioned SoKs or Tribal Squares, either. Goods buildings and set pieces, yes, but never SoKs or Tribal Squares.

Even if my Zen Zone and Emperor's Entrance were plundered every single day, I would rather have this set than the 2 tribal squares that can be put into that space. And now with level 2, I would rather have it than the equivalent number of SoK's, even if zen zone and emperor's entrance were plundered every time.

DeletedUser

Even if my Zen Zone and Emperor's Entrance were plundered every single day, I would rather have this set than the 2 tribal squares that can be put into that space. And now with level 2, I would rather have it than the equivalent number of SoK's, even if zen zone and emperor's entrance were plundered every time.
Good for you.